Re: Summary of the Arm ports BoF at DC18

Re: Summary of the Arm ports BoF at DC18

Paul Gevers-4
Hi Steve,

On 07-11-2018 20:15, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> Currently all the amd64 CI nodes are VM's on Amazon EC2. There is
>> currently no arrangement for hosting actual hardware.
>
> Right. I didn't realise that. In that case for arm*, would VMs on
> packet.net or similar work for us then?

While I was at the BSP in Paris, you promised ivodd that you would pass
us credentials for (I assume) packet.net. I assume you either didn't
have time yet, or forgot. In the latter case consider this a polite ping.

Paul

Re: Summary of the Arm ports BoF at DC18

Mattia Rizzolo-5
Hi,

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 09:20:51PM +0200, Paul Gevers wrote:

> On 07-11-2018 20:15, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> >> Currently all the amd64 CI nodes are VM's on Amazon EC2. There is
> >> currently no arrangement for hosting actual hardware.
> >
> > Right. I didn't realise that. In that case for arm*, would VMs on
> > packet.net or similar work for us then?
>
> While I was at the BSP in Paris, you promised ivodd that you would pass
> us credentials for (I assume) packet.net. I assume you either didn't
> have time yet, or forgot. In the latter case consider this a polite ping.
I'm assuming you are talking about the packet.net stuff that has been
provided to debian.  TBOMK  nothing is using those credits atm.  I have
admin access to the project and the team, so I can add you
(incidentally, I don't see Steve in the least, so I wouldn't know how he
would do it; there is only zumbi as an "owner", me as an "admin" and a
few other people as "collaborator", including terceiro - so I expected
you as a Debian CI to already have access).

Could you please check with terceiro?  He should have been CCed in a
private thread back then, otherwise feel free to get in touch with me.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

GPG Key: 66AE 2B4A FCCF 3F52 DA18  4D18 4B04 3FCD B944 4540      .''`.
more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :
Launchpad user: https://launchpad.net/~mapreri                  `. `'`
Debian QA page: https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=mattia  `-

Re: Summary of the Arm ports BoF at DC18

Antonio Terceiro-3
On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 11:25:47PM +0200, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:

> Hi,

> > > Right. I didn't realise that. In that case for arm*, would VMs on
> > > packet.net or similar work for us then?
> >
> > While I was at the BSP in Paris, you promised ivodd that you would pass
> > us credentials for (I assume) packet.net. I assume you either didn't
> > have time yet, or forgot. In the latter case consider this a polite ping.
>
> I'm assuming you are talking about the packet.net stuff that has been
> provided to debian.  TBOMK  nothing is using those credits atm.  I have
> admin access to the project and the team, so I can add you
> (incidentally, I don't see Steve in the least, so I wouldn't know how he
> would do it; there is only zumbi as an "owner", me as an "admin" and a
> few other people as "collaborator", including terceiro - so I expected
> you as a Debian CI to already have access).
>
> Could you please check with terceiro?  He should have been CCed in a
> private thread back then, otherwise feel free to get in touch with me.
can you please add Paul? I signed up, but never had the bandwidth to
actually do anything, and now with DebConf getting closer I will have
even less time.

BTW Amazon also has arm64 instances now so maybe it would be easier to
use those instead.

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 09:06:06PM -0300, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> can you please add Paul? I signed up, but never had the bandwidth to
> actually do anything, and now with DebConf getting closer I will have
> even less time.

ACK, done.

> BTW Amazon also has arm64 instances now so maybe it would be easier to
> use those instead.

I thought one goal was also to avoid being excessively tied to a single
provider?