Re: There must be a debian theme for desktop

Re: There must be a debian theme for desktop

Josselin Mouette
If by any chance you want to start helping instead of whining on IRC,
please think of the background colors.

If you don't even know how to use inkscape to play with them, here are
the colors of the current background:
      * #0080dd for the center,
      * #001f38 for the outer,
      * #d727664f for the swirl.
I don't think it is wise to change the swirl's color, as it is the
Debian official one. However the alpha could be changed.

I'm cc-ing debian-gtk-gnome in case someone with taste is interested.
--
 .''`.           Josselin Mouette        /\./\
: :' :           [hidden email]

Re: There must be a debian theme for desktop

Luis Matos-5
i played around a bit. my hability is almost null that is why i proposed
some positioning but nothing in concrete.

based on the default background, i made the attached image.

the swirl is smaller and the colour is lighter ... i think we should end
with the dark desktop environments for debian.

The background_gass.svg is the attempt from the other one available in

It is very empty ... but the main idea it to have the swirl in the
background, but not in all. having a smaller one, in some place, with
some lighter colour in background (maybe that colour is too bright). We
could ask for some opinions by designers or usability fellows.

About the background (and themeing some things), i don't to submit
everyone to my commands ... i just want to improve the quality of debian
in desktop, by improving its appearance and design by fitting in some
theme, to custom the desktop for debian.

i am not a designer, just a simple user, with some concern.

Qua, 2006-05-24 às 23:00 +0200, Josselin Mouette escreveu:

> If by any chance you want to start helping instead of whining on IRC,
> please think of the background colors.
>
> If you don't even know how to use inkscape to play with them, here are
> the colors of the current background:
>       * #0080dd for the center,
>       * #001f38 for the outer,
>       * #d727664f for the swirl.
> I don't think it is wise to change the swirl's color, as it is the
> Debian official one. However the alpha could be changed.
agreed.

> I'm cc-ing debian-gtk-gnome in case someone with taste is interested.
--
Best Regards,

debian-background2.svg (24K) Download Attachment
background_gass.svg (32K) Download Attachment

Re: There must be a debian theme for desktop

Luis Matos-5
Qua, 2006-05-24 às 23:00 +0200, Josselin Mouette escreveu:

> we've discussed a bit of the default background with feedback and azeem,
> and we've come up with new colors for debian-background.svg, that should
> integrate more nicely with ClearLooks.

Is desktop-base just a background implementation? i think we should implement a theme, not just a background, and not only for gnome, that is not why i submitted this bug.
> If you like it as well, could you please replace the
> debian-background.svg file in desktop-base?

Please do not, see other email, from Michael Banck.

--
Best Regards,

Re: There must be a debian theme for desktop

Gustavo Franco
On 5/24/06, Josselin Mouette <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If by any chance you want to start helping instead of whining on IRC,
> please think of the background colors.
>
> If you don't even know how to use inkscape to play with them, here are
> the colors of the current background:
>       * #0080dd for the center,
>       * #001f38 for the outer,
>       * #d727664f for the swirl.
> I don't think it is wise to change the swirl's color, as it is the
> Debian official one. However the alpha could be changed.
>
> I'm cc-ing debian-gtk-gnome in case someone with taste is interested.

Hi,

FYI, i'll be the desktop-base primary maintainer while kov is busy
with other stuff.  I think that
i can squash this bug and the others except the related with KDE /
XFCE integration that will need discussion with others.

Joss, i need to talk with you about the current splash that is in
gnome-session, but we can do that 'off bug' and just in the list. I'll
fork this thread.

Luis, your help and feedback is really appreciated but be cool, please. :)

regards,
-- stratus

Gustavo Franco wrote:

> Hi,
>
> FYI, i'll be the desktop-base primary maintainer while kov is busy
> with other stuff.  I think that
> i can squash this bug and the others except the related with KDE /
> XFCE integration that will need discussion with others.
>
> Joss, i need to talk with you about the current splash that is in
> gnome-session, but we can do that 'off bug' and just in the list. I'll
> fork this thread.
i think this could be talked in debian-desktop list. This issue is not
exclusive for gtk-gnome team, but to all desktop related developpers.

> Luis, your help and feedback is really appreciated but be cool,
> please. :)
now i am.

> regards,
> -- stratus