Re: back-mdb broken on kfreebsd-*

Ryan Tandy-4
Control: tag -1 help

Hi debian-bsd,

On Sun, May 06, 2018 at 10:07:45AM -0700, Ryan Tandy wrote:

>It looks like the LMDB backend is not working at all on kfreebsd-* and
>slapd just fails to start.

>running defines.sh
>Starting slapd on TCP/IP port 9011...
>Using ldapsearch to retrieve the root DSE...
>Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
>Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
>Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
>Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
>Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
>Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
>../../../tests/scripts/test000-rootdse: 66: kill: No such process
>
>ldap_sasl_bind(SIMPLE): Can't contact LDAP server (-1)
>(exit 255)

Every 2.4.46 build failed this way on kfreebsd-amd64, while 2.4.45 built
fine, so it looked like a straightforward upstream regression. Yet I
can't reproduce this locally... in a qemu VM the tests are passing. Now
I just installed the VM yesterday so it's possible I have some newer or
different packages compared to the buildd chroot...

Anyone able to reproduce the failure, or provide any insight into what's
happening on the buildd?

Thanks
Ryan