Remaining issues before upload

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Remaining issues before upload

Frank Lichtenheld
Hi.

As I said last week (and nobody objected to that), we should use the
next days for testing and not commit any more patches so that we can
upload a package at the end of the week. I will still commit my patch for
the RC bug #317082  (dpkg-shlibdeps) today, but that should be my last.
If someone wants to take a look at the proposed patch in RC bug #337942
(s-s-d) this might be also a good idea. #315784 (md5sum) probably needs
some communication about the right solution so we can't fix this for
this upload.

I would propose to upload the new version to experimental first
(tomorrow) so that we can easily ask for further testing from others.
If no big problems arise until the end of the week (i.e, Friday or so)
we could then upload to unstable.

I hope Christian or someone else can figure out the exact problem with
the fuzzy translations until then. Since some of the strings that are
fuzzy now haven't change since the sarge version of dpkg I'm pretty sure
it has to be another problem.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <[hidden email]>
www: http://www.djpig.de/


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Remaining issues before upload

Guillem Jover
tag 337942 pending
thanks

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 12:15:58PM +0100, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> As I said last week (and nobody objected to that), we should use the
> next days for testing and not commit any more patches so that we can
> upload a package at the end of the week. I will still commit my patch for
> the RC bug #317082  (dpkg-shlibdeps) today, but that should be my last.
> If someone wants to take a look at the proposed patch in RC bug #337942
> (s-s-d) this might be also a good idea. #315784 (md5sum) probably needs
> some communication about the right solution so we can't fix this for
> this upload.

I've reviewed and tested the patch for #337942, and checked it in.

> I would propose to upload the new version to experimental first
> (tomorrow) so that we can easily ask for further testing from others.
> If no big problems arise until the end of the week (i.e, Friday or so)
> we could then upload to unstable.

Fine with me.

regards,
guillem


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]