Remove gnome-icon-theme and gnome-icon-theme-symbolic from the default installation

Remove gnome-icon-theme and gnome-icon-theme-symbolic from the default installation

Laurent Bigonville-5
Hello,

ATM there are some applications depending explicitly against
gnome-icon-theme or gnome-icon-theme-symbolic packages.

I think that these could be dropped from the default installation (I'm
pretty sure that the cd team will be happy with that).

So the question is, are we simply dropping the icon theme dependency or
are we replacing it with a dependency against adwaita-icon-theme (or
maybe even adwaita-icon-theme | $some_provide)? The gnome-core
metapackage already pulls adwaita-icon-theme.

I personally would drop all references to an icon theme (including
adwaita-icon-theme) and let the metapackage pulls it

Any thoughts about this?

Laurent Bigonville

Re: Remove gnome-icon-theme and gnome-icon-theme-symbolic from the default installation

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort-4
On 20/05/16 18:53, Laurent Bigonville wrote:

> Hello,
>
> ATM there are some applications depending explicitly against gnome-icon-theme or
> gnome-icon-theme-symbolic packages.
>
> I think that these could be dropped from the default installation (I'm pretty
> sure that the cd team will be happy with that).
>
> So the question is, are we simply dropping the icon theme dependency or are we
> replacing it with a dependency against adwaita-icon-theme (or maybe even
> adwaita-icon-theme | $some_provide)? The gnome-core metapackage already pulls
> adwaita-icon-theme.
>
> I personally would drop all references to an icon theme (including
> adwaita-icon-theme) and let the metapackage pulls it
>
> Any thoughts about this?

Removing them altogether sounds good to me.

Cheers,
Emilio