Removing gnome-speech from Debian

Jeremy Bicha-5
I intend to file a removal bug for gnome-speech soon.

The last thing to use it was dasher but I think that wasn't needed any
more after the 5.0 beta.

gnome-speech hadn't been maintained upstream since 2009 and it uses
the libbonobo library which we are trying to remove from Debian before
the Buster release.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha

Re: Removing gnome-speech from Debian

Samuel Thibault-8
Jeremy Bicha, on sam. 30 déc. 2017 00:19:44 -0500, wrote:
> I intend to file a removal bug for gnome-speech soon.
>
> The last thing to use it was dasher but I think that wasn't needed any
> more after the 5.0 beta.

Indeed.

> gnome-speech hadn't been maintained upstream since 2009 and it uses
> the libbonobo library which we are trying to remove from Debian before
> the Buster release.

Yes, people are all using speech-dispatcher nowadays anyway.

Thanks,
Samuel