Request for Help maintaining Consultants List

Request for Help maintaining Consultants List

Joey Schulze
Hi,

we're looking for one or two developers who would like to help
maintain the list of consultants supporting Debian GNU/Linux.

     http://www.debian.org/consultants/

Maintaining the list requires to validate links (old links as well)
and check for Debian relevance on the homepages given to us.  Needless
to say, you should be familiar with the Debian website already.

Regards,

        Joey

--
Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect.

Re: Request for Help maintaining Consultants List

Giuseppe Sacco

hi Joey,

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:10:23 +0200, Joey Schulze <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we're looking for one or two developers who would like to help
> maintain the list of consultants supporting Debian GNU/Linux.
[...]
I would like to work on this. Is there any estimate about how much time is
required for this activity? Is there any list of current activities to be
done?

Bye,
Giuseppe

Re: Request for Help maintaining Consultants List

Simon Paillard
On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 03:21:28PM +0200, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:10:23 +0200, Joey Schulze <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > we're looking for one or two developers who would like to help
> > maintain the list of consultants supporting Debian GNU/Linux.
> [...]
> I would like to work on this. Is there any estimate about how much time is
> required for this activity? Is there any list of current activities to be
> done?

Thomas Huriaux specified around 20 requests per month in a previous
request for help at http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2007/12/msg00002.html

Thanks for your help !

Best regards.

--
Simon Paillard

Il giorno sab, 25/04/2009 alle 02.14 +0200, Simon Paillard ha scritto:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 03:21:28PM +0200, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
[...]
> Thomas Huriaux specified around 20 requests per month in a previous
> request for help at http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2007/12/msg00002.html

ok, I'll start checking the English/French/Italian country since I know
their languages and I may check their website. Should I spot any
problem, I'll write an email to this list or should I write to someone
else, or just solve the problem?

Bye,
Giuseppe

Re: Request for Help maintaining Consultants List

Giuseppe Sacco
Il giorno sab, 25/04/2009 alle 09.16 +0200, Giuseppe Sacco ha scritto:
[...]
> ok, I'll start checking the English/French/Italian country since I know
> their languages and I may check their website. Should I spot any
> problem, I'll write an email to this list or should I write to someone
> else, or just solve the problem?

I've started checking and contacting consultants. A few email address
are not available. I'll collect all information here:
http://people.debian.org/~eppesuig/checkconsultant.html

Bye,
Giuseppe

Re: Request for Help maintaining Consultants List

Andrei POPESCU-2
On Sat,25.Apr.09, 11:39:19, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:

> Il giorno sab, 25/04/2009 alle 09.16 +0200, Giuseppe Sacco ha scritto:
> [...]
> > ok, I'll start checking the English/French/Italian country since I know
> > their languages and I may check their website. Should I spot any
> > problem, I'll write an email to this list or should I write to someone
> > else, or just solve the problem?
>
> I've started checking and contacting consultants. A few email address
> are not available. I'll collect all information here:
> http://people.debian.org/~eppesuig/checkconsultant.html
Hello Giuseppe,

I am one of the current maintainers (the only one left?) of that list.
May I suggest starting with pending requests first as there are some
since... last year :( If the mails are not available anywhere I could
send my Maildir to you.

Also you need to be added to the consultant@ alias and please set
consultant@ in CC and Reply-to on all mail.

Thanks,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

On Thu,23.Apr.09, 12:10:23, Joey Schulze wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we're looking for one or two developers who would like to help
> maintain the list of consultants supporting Debian GNU/Linux.
>
>      http://www.debian.org/consultants/
>
> Maintaining the list requires to validate links (old links as well)
> and check for Debian relevance on the homepages given to us.  Needless
> to say, you should be familiar with the Debian website already.
Hello,

IMO the guideline[1] to adding/updating consultants info should also
mention something like this:

<li>In case you provide a link to a website, that website must have a
mention of your Debian consulting services. Providing the direct link
instead of just the homepage is not mandatory if the information is
reasonably accessible, but much appreciated.
</li>

If there are no objections I'll commit this to the page in question.

[1] http://www.debian.org/consultants/info

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

Re: Request for Help maintaining Consultants List

Giuseppe Sacco
Il giorno dom, 26/04/2009 alle 10.58 +0300, Andrei Popescu ha scritto:
[...]
> I am one of the current maintainers (the only one left?) of that list.
> May I suggest starting with pending requests first as there are some
> since... last year :( If the mails are not available anywhere I could
> send my Maildir to you.

I don't have such list and I couldn't find either. Please send to me
only mails you cannot manage to process. Should I edit consultant.data
or should I do anything more?

> Also you need to be added to the consultant@ alias and please set
> consultant@ in CC and Reply-to on all mail.

Who should I ask for? [hidden email]?

Bye,
Giuseppe

On Sun,26.Apr.09, 10:54:16, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:

> Il giorno dom, 26/04/2009 alle 10.58 +0300, Andrei Popescu ha scritto:
> [...]
> > I am one of the current maintainers (the only one left?) of that list.
> > May I suggest starting with pending requests first as there are some
> > since... last year :( If the mails are not available anywhere I could
> > send my Maildir to you.
>
> I don't have such list and I couldn't find either. Please send to me
> only mails you cannot manage to process. Should I edit consultant.data
> or should I do anything more?

Editing consultant.data is enough, but selecting emails is not
realistic:

$ ls Maildir/.debian.consultants/new/* | wc -l
121

(some 10% is spam though)

> > Also you need to be added to the consultant@ alias and please set
> > consultant@ in CC and Reply-to on all mail.
>
> Who should I ask for? [hidden email]?

I think Joey (Martin Schulze) can do it.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

Re: Request for Help maintaining Consultants List

Matthew Kraai
On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 11:07:25AM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> IMO the guideline[1] to adding/updating consultants info should also
> mention something like this:
>
> <li>In case you provide a link to a website, that website must have a
> mention of your Debian consulting services. Providing the direct link
> instead of just the homepage is not mandatory if the information is
> reasonably accessible, but much appreciated.
> </li>
>
> If there are no objections I'll commit this to the page in question.

Looks good to me.

--
Matt                                                 http://ftbfs.org/

On Sun,26.Apr.09, 06:28:53, Matt Kraai wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 11:07:25AM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > IMO the guideline[1] to adding/updating consultants info should also
> > mention something like this:
> >
> > <li>In case you provide a link to a website, that website must have a
> > mention of your Debian consulting services. Providing the direct link
> > instead of just the homepage is not mandatory if the information is
> > reasonably accessible, but much appreciated.
> > </li>
> >
> > If there are no objections I'll commit this to the page in question.
>
> Looks good to me.
Commited.

Regards,
Andrei