Request for package some gnome-shell tiling windows extension

Request for package some gnome-shell tiling windows extension

Javier Barroso-3

Hello,

Does anybody at gnome team use tile style window management ?

I would like to have in Debian Archive some of the three availables extensions:

1 shellshape (I prefer debian archive vs "0install magick every time I
launch a gnome shell session")
2 shelltile (a good extension but without vim keybinding ├▒ole shellshape)
3 gtile (I don't like it but it is a tiling option)

Or maybe awesome integrated [1]

Is anyone interested in packaging shellshape or shelltile if I open a RFP bug ?

Thank you very much

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-gtk-gnome/2013/11/msg00003.html

Re: Request for package some gnome-shell tiling windows extension

Paul Wise via nm
On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 11:22 PM, Javier Barroso wrote:

> Is anyone interested in packaging shellshape or shelltile if I open a RFP
> bug ?

If you would like it these to be packaged, it would be best to open an
RFP for the ones you want. That doesn't guarantee anyone will want to
package them though. Since you want them in Debian you are probably
the best person to package them and I'm sure you would be able to
learn packaging. If you decide to do that, check out this tutorial and
the mentors page. I guess you would be able to find some sponsors for
this fairly easily, Debian members seem to prefer tiling WMs.

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/packaging-tutorial/packaging-tutorial.en.pdf
http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

--
bye,