Salsa sub-project for Gnome shell extensions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Salsa sub-project for Gnome shell extensions

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)-2
Hi!

Most of the gnome shell extensions in Debian are packaged by around a
handful of people, and I've been wondering for a while whether we should
rather form a team for those.

Since then, salsa came along and it supports subgroups, so it seems that
it would make sense to have a subgroup in the gnome team for these
extensions.

Any thoughts?

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage
  ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋   https://debian.org | https://jonathancarter.org
  ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀  Be Bold. Be brave. Debian has got your back.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Salsa sub-project for Gnome shell extensions

Michael Biebl-3
Am 10.05.2018 um 21:41 schrieb Jonathan Carter:

> Hi!
>
> Most of the gnome shell extensions in Debian are packaged by around a
> handful of people, and I've been wondering for a while whether we should
> rather form a team for those.
>
> Since then, salsa came along and it supports subgroups, so it seems that
> it would make sense to have a subgroup in the gnome team for these
> extensions.
>
> Any thoughts?
Have you contacted those maintainers, if they are interested in joining
such a group?
What would you use as maintainer address?

Regards,
Mihcael

--
Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the
universe are pointed away from Earth?


signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Salsa sub-project for Gnome shell extensions

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)-2
Hi Michael

On 10/05/2018 21:44, Michael Biebl wrote:
>> Any thoughts?
>
> Have you contacted those maintainers, if they are interested in joining
> such a group?

Not all of them, but those I did speak to are enthusiastic about it.

> What would you use as maintainer address?

Probably something like
[hidden email], having the whole
"gnome-shell-extensions" in there seems a bit cumbersome. Unless there's
any better suggestion?

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage
  ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋   https://debian.org | https://jonathancarter.org
  ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀  Be Bold. Be brave. Debian has got your back.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Salsa sub-project for Gnome shell extensions

Paul Wise via nm
On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 3:58 AM, Jonathan Carter wrote:

> Unless there's any better suggestion?

If tracker.d.o teams are functional now that might be better.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Salsa sub-project for Gnome shell extensions

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)-2
On 11/05/2018 03:52, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 3:58 AM, Jonathan Carter wrote:
>
>> Unless there's any better suggestion?
>
> If tracker.d.o teams are functional now that might be better.

Sounds good, any acks to the above?

I don't have access to create sub-teams under salsa/gnome-team, could
someone who does please create a subgroup called
salsa/gnome-team/shell-extensions?

Thanks,

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage
  ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋   https://debian.org | https://jonathancarter.org
  ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀  Be Bold. Be brave. Debian has got your back.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Salsa sub-project for Gnome shell extensions

Michael Biebl-3
Hi Jonathan,

sorry it took so long to get back to you.

On 6/25/18 14:18, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) wrote:
> I don't have access to create sub-teams under salsa/gnome-team, could
> someone who does please create a subgroup called
> salsa/gnome-team/shell-extensions?

I've created such a subgroup and set you as owner.
If something is still missing, please holler.

Michael
--
Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the
universe are pointed away from Earth?