Scheduling 9.6

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Scheduling 9.6

Jonathan Wiltshire via nm
Hi,

It's that time again and I'm aiming for 15th September, i.e. freeze on
8th September. Please indicate your availablility out of:

 - Sept 8th (freeze on the 1st, bit early)
 - Sept 15th (ideal)
 - Sept 22nd

Thanks,

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      [hidden email]
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scheduling 9.6

Steve McIntyre
On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 06:18:06PM +0800, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
>Hi,
>
>It's that time again and I'm aiming for 15th September, i.e. freeze on
>8th September. Please indicate your availablility out of:
>
> - Sept 8th (freeze on the 1st, bit early)
> - Sept 15th (ideal)
> - Sept 22nd

Apologies, none of those work for me. I'm off to Vancouver for a VAC
then conference trip, away all 3 weekends. :-/

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                [hidden email]
"I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane... Of
 course, since many of them are Australians, you can't tell." -- Linus Torvalds

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scheduling 9.6

Jonathan Wiltshire via nm
In reply to this post by Jonathan Wiltshire via nm
On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 06:18:06PM +0800, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's that time again and I'm aiming for 15th September, i.e. freeze on
> 8th September. Please indicate your availablility out of:
>
>  - Sept 8th (freeze on the 1st, bit early)
>  - Sept 15th (ideal)
>  - Sept 22nd

None of these work for CDs; let's try for 28th September, and meanwhile we
have schemed to fix the CD SPOF :)


--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      [hidden email]
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scheduling 9.6

Jonathan Wiltshire via nm
On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 09:20:57PM +0800, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 06:18:06PM +0800, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It's that time again and I'm aiming for 15th September, i.e. freeze on
> > 8th September. Please indicate your availablility out of:
> >
> >  - Sept 8th (freeze on the 1st, bit early)
> >  - Sept 15th (ideal)
> >  - Sept 22nd
>
> None of these work for CDs; let's try for 28th September, and meanwhile we
> have schemed to fix the CD SPOF :)

Um, that's Saturday 29th Sept of course. Debconf beer gooood....


--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      [hidden email]
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scheduling 9.6

Steve McIntyre
On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 09:29:22PM +0800, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:

>On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 09:20:57PM +0800, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 06:18:06PM +0800, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > It's that time again and I'm aiming for 15th September, i.e. freeze on
>> > 8th September. Please indicate your availablility out of:
>> >
>> >  - Sept 8th (freeze on the 1st, bit early)
>> >  - Sept 15th (ideal)
>> >  - Sept 22nd
>>
>> None of these work for CDs; let's try for 28th September, and meanwhile we
>> have schemed to fix the CD SPOF :)
>
>Um, that's Saturday 29th Sept of course. Debconf beer gooood....

As mentioned to Jonathan IRL at DC18, that works better for me.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                [hidden email]
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, A state of bliss

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scheduling 9.6

Adam D. Barratt
On Sun, 2018-07-29 at 08:40 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 09:29:22PM +0800, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 09:20:57PM +0800, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> > > On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 06:18:06PM +0800, Jonathan Wiltshire
> > > None
> > > of these work for CDs; let's try for 28th September, and
> > > meanwhile we have schemed to fix the CD SPOF :)
> >
> > Um, that's Saturday 29th Sept of course. Debconf beer gooood....
>
> As mentioned to Jonathan IRL at DC18, that works better for me.

That didn't work out so well in the end, and in the meantime we rather
let the ball drop. :-(

In the interests of getting things moving, some more current
suggestions:

- October 20th (means freezing next weekend)
- October 27th
- November 3rd
- November 10th

Adam

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scheduling 9.6

Cyril Brulebois-4
Hi,

Adam D. Barratt <[hidden email]> (2018-10-06):

> That didn't work out so well in the end, and in the meantime we rather let
> the ball drop. :-(
>
> In the interests of getting things moving, some more current
> suggestions:
>
> - October 20th (means freezing next weekend)
> - October 27th
> - November 3rd
> - November 10th
All of these look good to me. The first one is a bit close (esp. with my
backlog, as you pointed out a few days ago), but that should be doable.


Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois ([hidden email])            <https://debamax.com/>
D-I release manager -- Release team member -- Freelance Consultant

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scheduling 9.6

Laura Arjona Reina-4
Hi

El 9/10/18 a las 9:07, Cyril Brulebois escribió:

> Hi,
>
> Adam D. Barratt <[hidden email]> (2018-10-06):
>> That didn't work out so well in the end, and in the meantime we rather let
>> the ball drop. :-(
>>
>> In the interests of getting things moving, some more current
>> suggestions:
>>
>> - October 20th (means freezing next weekend)
>> - October 27th
>> - November 3rd
>> - November 10th
>
> All of these look good to me. The first one is a bit close (esp. with my
> backlog, as you pointed out a few days ago), but that should be doable.
>

All of them ok for press/publicity too.

Cheers

--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scheduling 9.6

Steve McIntyre
In reply to this post by Adam D. Barratt
On Sat, Oct 06, 2018 at 05:24:47PM +0100, Adam Barratt wrote:

>On Sun, 2018-07-29 at 08:40 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 09:29:22PM +0800, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
>> > On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 09:20:57PM +0800, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
>> > > On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 06:18:06PM +0800, Jonathan Wiltshire
>> > > None
>> > > of these work for CDs; let's try for 28th September, and
>> > > meanwhile we have schemed to fix the CD SPOF :)
>> >
>> > Um, that's Saturday 29th Sept of course. Debconf beer gooood....
>>
>> As mentioned to Jonathan IRL at DC18, that works better for me.
>
>That didn't work out so well in the end, and in the meantime we rather
>let the ball drop. :-(
>
>In the interests of getting things moving, some more current
>suggestions:
>
>- October 20th (means freezing next weekend)
>- October 27th
>- November 3rd
>- November 10th

All of those work for me...

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                [hidden email]
< liw> everything I know about UK hotels I learned from "Fawlty Towers"

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scheduling 9.6

Mark Hymers-3
In reply to this post by Adam D. Barratt
On Sat, 06, Oct, 2018 at 05:24:47PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt spoke thus..
> - October 20th (means freezing next weekend)
> - October 27th
> - November 3rd
> - November 10th

If no-one else from ftp- is available, I can do the 27th, 3rd or 10th;
preferably starting as early in the morning as possible.

Thanks,

Mark

--
Mark Hymers <mhy at debian dot org>

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid but some abuse the privilege."
     Unknown

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scheduling 9.6

Ansgar Burchardt-8
In reply to this post by Adam D. Barratt
Hi,

"Adam D. Barratt" writes:
> - November 10th

This would work if needed, though I don't mind someone else doing the
archive side (still have some things to sort out *sigh*).

Ansgar

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scheduling 9.6

Adam D. Barratt
On Mon, 2018-10-22 at 22:06 +0200, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "Adam D. Barratt" writes:
> > - November 10th
>
> This would work if needed, though I don't mind someone else doing the
> archive side (still have some things to sort out *sigh*).

This is the only one that's still viable at this point, and my next
usefully free date would be December 1st. So let's go with the 10th,
with the freeze next weekend.

If ftp-master could let us know nearer the time who's officiating so we
can co-ordinate timings, that would be appreciated. :-)

Regards,

Adam