Scheduling final Jessie point release, 8.11

Scheduling final Jessie point release, 8.11

Jonathan Wiltshire via nm
Hi,

According to my records main security support for Jessie can end any time
after 17th June.

So to the security team: do you have a date in mind?

I also presume that LTS will take over the existing security suites as
before. [1] lists the current delta between security and o-p-u-new which
would ideally be as short as possible before the EOL date.

For everyone else, assuming it'll be soon after that date please
indicate your availability from:

 - 23rd Jun
 - (30th Jun I already know is impossible, for the sake of completeness)
 - 7th July

or adjacent Sundays.

1: https://release.debian.org/proposed-updates/missing-security-oldstable.html

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      [hidden email]
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51

Re: Scheduling final Jessie point release, 8.11

Moritz Mühlenhoff-2
On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 06:26:08PM +0100, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> According to my records main security support for Jessie can end any time
> after 17th June.
>
> So to the security team: do you have a date in mind?

The 17th :-)

Cheers,
        Moritz

Re: Scheduling final Jessie point release, 8.11

Steve McIntyre
On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 06:26:08PM +0100, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:

>Hi,
>
>According to my records main security support for Jessie can end any time
>after 17th June.
>
>So to the security team: do you have a date in mind?
>
>I also presume that LTS will take over the existing security suites as
>before. [1] lists the current delta between security and o-p-u-new which
>would ideally be as short as possible before the EOL date.
>
>For everyone else, assuming it'll be soon after that date please
>indicate your availability from:
>
> - 23rd Jun

Looks possible.

> - (30th Jun I already know is impossible, for the sake of completeness)

ACK :-)

> - 7th July

Looks possible.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                [hidden email]
"I can't ever sleep on planes ... call it irrational if you like, but I'm
 afraid I'll miss my stop" -- Vivek Das Mohapatra

Re: Scheduling final Jessie point release, 8.11

Cyril Brulebois-4

Jonathan Wiltshire <[hidden email]> (2018-05-14):

> According to my records main security support for Jessie can end any
> time after 17th June.
>
> So to the security team: do you have a date in mind?
>
> I also presume that LTS will take over the existing security suites as
> before. [1] lists the current delta between security and o-p-u-new
> which would ideally be as short as possible before the EOL date.
>
> For everyone else, assuming it'll be soon after that date please
> indicate your availability from:
>
>  - 23rd Jun
>  - (30th Jun I already know is impossible, for the sake of completeness)
>  - 7th July
Anything June/July-ish should be good for me.

debian-boot@, if there's anything needing a fix in jessie, please follow
up to the list and myself.

Cyril Brulebois ([hidden email])            <https://debamax.com/>

Re: Scheduling final Jessie point release, 8.11

Laura Arjona Reina-4
Hello

El 14/05/18 a las 19:26, Jonathan Wiltshire escribió:

> Hi,
>
> According to my records main security support for Jessie can end any time
> after 17th June.
>
> So to the security team: do you have a date in mind?
>
> I also presume that LTS will take over the existing security suites as
> before. [1] lists the current delta between security and o-p-u-new which
> would ideally be as short as possible before the EOL date.
>
> For everyone else, assuming it'll be soon after that date please
> indicate your availability from:
>
>  - 23rd Jun
Publicity available

>  - (30th Jun I already know is impossible, for the sake of completeness)
Publicity we can't

>  - 7th July

Publicity available.

> or adjacent Sundays.

Sundays we are available, with some difficulty if we decide 1 July, but do-able.

Thanks
--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona

Re: Scheduling final Jessie point release, 8.11

Joerg Jaspert
On 15037 March 1977, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:

>  - 23rd Jun

Ok.

>  - 7th July

No.