Screenshots of Debian software

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Screenshots of Debian software

Paul Sutton-2
Hi All

Looking at https://screenshots.debian.net/  the Debian project seems to
want some screen shots of different applications etc.

I have taken some screenshots for various purposes and since seeing this
have started to rename, organize  and keep them in case the are useful
for this part of the project.

These are currently stored on Salsa at

https://salsa.debian.org/zleap-guest/screenshots

Is anyone here, on the team that deals with screenshots please,  I am
probably far better at taking the screenshots, renaming them etc and
uploading them to salsa,  where I am happy for someone to download them
and upload to the screenshot repository as required.  please use which
ever license is appropriate.

If we need a volunteer to do the uploading to the above site, I am _not_
offering to volunteer as I am trying to do other things relating to the
project.  I can however promote the position as long as a job spec (as
such) can be written that is clear, concise and explicit as to what that
person needs to do,  skills required etc.  Maybe as a sub page of the
screenshots page.  You need to be clear as to what you are looking for
and the skills required.  The link to this could be 'want to help please
click here.'

I can then try and approach people who may be able to help or send out
the information to a wider group who may be able to help.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton
http://www.zleap.net
https://www.linkedin.com/in/zleap/
gnupg : 7D6D B682 F351 8D08 1893  1E16 F086 5537 D066 302D

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Screenshots of Debian software

Jonathan Dowland
On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 03:40:20PM +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:

>Looking at https://screenshots.debian.net/  the Debian project seems to
>want some screen shots of different applications etc.
>
>I have taken some screenshots for various purposes and since seeing this
>have started to rename, organize  and keep them in case the are useful
>for this part of the project.
>
>These are currently stored on Salsa at
>
>https://salsa.debian.org/zleap-guest/screenshots
>
>Is anyone here, on the team that deals with screenshots please,  I am
>probably far better at taking the screenshots, renaming them etc and
>uploading them to salsa,  where I am happy for someone to download them
>and upload to the screenshot repository as required.  please use which
>ever license is appropriate.

In this reply I am copying Christoph Haas, who originally set up the
Screenshots project, and also the Debian Games Team, who have made heavy
use of it in the past. Perhaps someone will be interested in exploring
moving your screenshots into the screenshots.debian.net collection.

However, at the moment, you have in your collection only pictures for
brasero, devede, libreoffice, and rocksndiamonds, all of which have
screenshots on screenshots.debian.net already. So it's unlikely anyone
will spare the time to ferry these particular ones over.

>If we need a volunteer to do the uploading to the above site, I am _not_
>offering to volunteer as I am trying to do other things relating to the
>project.

It's very easy to upload screenshots to screenshots.debian.net. Possibly
less work than organising them in a git repository. I just did one to
test and it took seconds (http://screenshots.debian.net/package/crispy-doom)


--
👱🏻 Jonathan Dowland
[hidden email]
🔗 https://jmtd.net

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Screenshots of Debian software

Paul Sutton-2


On 17/05/2019 10:36, Jonathan Dowland wrote:

> On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 03:40:20PM +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> Looking at https://screenshots.debian.net/  the Debian project seems to
>> want some screen shots of different applications etc.
>>
>> I have taken some screenshots for various purposes and since seeing this
>> have started to rename, organize  and keep them in case the are useful
>> for this part of the project.
>>
>> These are currently stored on Salsa at
>>
>> https://salsa.debian.org/zleap-guest/screenshots
>>
>> Is anyone here, on the team that deals with screenshots please,  I am
>> probably far better at taking the screenshots, renaming them etc and
>> uploading them to salsa,  where I am happy for someone to download them
>> and upload to the screenshot repository as required.  please use which
>> ever license is appropriate.
>
> In this reply I am copying Christoph Haas, who originally set up the
> Screenshots project, and also the Debian Games Team, who have made heavy
> use of it in the past. Perhaps someone will be interested in exploring
> moving your screenshots into the screenshots.debian.net collection.
>
> However, at the moment, you have in your collection only pictures for
> brasero, devede, libreoffice, and rocksndiamonds, all of which have
> screenshots on screenshots.debian.net already. So it's unlikely anyone
> will spare the time to ferry these particular ones over.
>
>> If we need a volunteer to do the uploading to the above site, I am _not_
>> offering to volunteer as I am trying to do other things relating to the
>> project.
>
> It's very easy to upload screenshots to screenshots.debian.net. Possibly
> less work than organising them in a git repository. I just did one to
> test and it took seconds
> (http://screenshots.debian.net/package/crispy-doom)
>
>
Hi

Thanks for this, I have cc'd Christoph Haas and the games team in to
this too.

I will be creating more screenshots and will add them to my repository
and they are then open to be used generally.

I will also look at what we are short of and see if I can help in that
respect too.

Paul





--
Paul Sutton
http://www.zleap.net
https://www.linkedin.com/in/zleap/
gnupg : 7D6D B682 F351 8D08 1893  1E16 F086 5537 D066 302D

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Screenshots of Debian software

Gene Heskett-4
In reply to this post by Jonathan Dowland
On Friday 17 May 2019 05:36:32 am Jonathan Dowland wrote:

> On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 03:40:20PM +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
> >Looking at https://screenshots.debian.net/  the Debian project seems
> > to want some screen shots of different applications etc.
> >
> >I have taken some screenshots for various purposes and since seeing
> > this have started to rename, organize  and keep them in case the are
> > useful for this part of the project.
> >
> >These are currently stored on Salsa at
> >
> >https://salsa.debian.org/zleap-guest/screenshots
> >
> >Is anyone here, on the team that deals with screenshots please,  I am
> >probably far better at taking the screenshots, renaming them etc and
> >uploading them to salsa,  where I am happy for someone to download
> > them and upload to the screenshot repository as required.  please
> > use which ever license is appropriate.
>
> In this reply I am copying Christoph Haas, who originally set up the
> Screenshots project, and also the Debian Games Team, who have made
> heavy use of it in the past. Perhaps someone will be interested in
> exploring moving your screenshots into the screenshots.debian.net
> collection.
>
> However, at the moment, you have in your collection only pictures for
> brasero, devede, libreoffice, and rocksndiamonds, all of which have
> screenshots on screenshots.debian.net already. So it's unlikely anyone
> will spare the time to ferry these particular ones over.
>
> >If we need a volunteer to do the uploading to the above site, I am
> > _not_ offering to volunteer as I am trying to do other things
> > relating to the project.
>
> It's very easy to upload screenshots to screenshots.debian.net.
> Possibly less work than organising them in a git repository. I just
> did one to test and it took seconds
> (http://screenshots.debian.net/package/crispy-doom)

Nice idea, but "no screenshot available" when I sent ff to look.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
--
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Screenshots of Debian software

Curt
On 2019-05-17, Gene Heskett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> It's very easy to upload screenshots to screenshots.debian.net.
>> Possibly less work than organising them in a git repository. I just
>> did one to test and it took seconds
>> (http://screenshots.debian.net/package/crispy-doom)
>
> Nice idea, but "no screenshot available" when I sent ff to look.

Ditto (no screenshot available).

Maybe it has to be "moderated" before it appears, so we won't stumble on
Phyllis Diller in the buff or something.

;-)

> Cheers, Gene Heskett



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Screenshots of Debian software

Curt
In reply to this post by Gene Heskett-4
On 2019-05-17, Gene Heskett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> It's very easy to upload screenshots to screenshots.debian.net.
>> Possibly less work than organising them in a git repository. I just
>> did one to test and it took seconds
>> (http://screenshots.debian.net/package/crispy-doom)
>
> Nice idea, but "no screenshot available" when I sent ff to look.

So I select "without" (a screenshot) and fall upon a million libs.

 Question: How do you take a screenshot of a lib?
 Answer:   You normally don't, that's why they're missing.

I looked at 'About':

 Everybody (sic)* can take screenshots and upload them. Our admin team will just
 review your changes before they become publicly visible.

So Dowland's shot of Phyllis is doubtless under review.

> Cheers, Gene Heskett

* Everybody probably can't, but anybody can.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Screenshots of Debian software

Gene Heskett-4
In reply to this post by Curt
On Friday 17 May 2019 07:57:21 am Curt wrote:

> On 2019-05-17, Gene Heskett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> It's very easy to upload screenshots to screenshots.debian.net.
> >> Possibly less work than organising them in a git repository. I just
> >> did one to test and it took seconds
> >> (http://screenshots.debian.net/package/crispy-doom)
> >
> > Nice idea, but "no screenshot available" when I sent ff to look.
>
> Ditto (no screenshot available).
>
> Maybe it has to be "moderated" before it appears, so we won't stumble
> on Phyllis Diller in the buff or something.
>
> ;-)
>
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett

Now you are telling your age Curt. She's been gone for a while, but I can
remember when I thought she looked pretty good despite her "fright wig"
which was her own hair.  But that was all part of her "shtick".

Cheers, Gene Heskett
--
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene>