Scribus has stopped importing PDF files - repost - original thread was hijacked

Scribus has stopped importing PDF files - repost - original thread was hijacked

Gary Dale-8
For the last few days, some Scribus documents I work with have stopped
accepting PDF files within image frames. Prior to this, they would
display a preview. Now new image frames that I create show just the file
name, but some older frames within the document still show the preview.

When I export the document as a PDF, the frames that just display the
file name export as empty/blank. The older frame that shows a preview
causes the export to stop with an error saying it was unable to load the
image.

I'm not sure if this is related to something in the PDFs or not. However
it is happening on two documents I am working on.

Re: Scribus has stopped importing PDF files - repost - original thread was hijacked

SDA-2
On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 02:45:18PM -0400, Gary Dale wrote:

> For the last few days, some Scribus documents I work with have stopped
> accepting PDF files within image frames. Prior to this, they would display a
> preview. Now new image frames that I create show just the file name, but
> some older frames within the document still show the preview.
>
> When I export the document as a PDF, the frames that just display the file
> name export as empty/blank. The older frame that shows a preview causes the
> export to stop with an error saying it was unable to load the image.
>
> I'm not sure if this is related to something in the PDFs or not. However it
> is happening on two documents I am working on.

You got an answer - It was suggested to ask on the Scribus forums. Not many
poeple here are going to be in desktop publishing.

You might have told the poster to stop hijacking threads in your orignal
post too! He probably didn't no better and it would have helped him amend
his ways ... Just saying.

Re: Scribus has stopped importing PDF files - repost - original thread was hijacked

mick crane
On 2018-09-26 19:45, Gary Dale wrote:

> For the last few days, some Scribus documents I work with have stopped
> accepting PDF files within image frames. Prior to this, they would
> display a preview. Now new image frames that I create show just the
> file name, but some older frames within the document still show the
> preview.
>
> When I export the document as a PDF, the frames that just display the
> file name export as empty/blank. The older frame that shows a preview
> causes the export to stop with an error saying it was unable to load
> the image.
>
> I'm not sure if this is related to something in the PDFs or not.
> However it is happening on two documents I am working on.

problems with PDFs come up occasionally on the scribus list.
Did you have a look through archives there ?

Scribus Mailing List: [hidden email]
Edit your options or unsubscribe:
See also:
http://wiki.scribus.net
http://forums.scribus.net

mick

Key ID    4BFEBB31

On 2018-09-26 2:45 p.m., Gary Dale wrote:

> For the last few days, some Scribus documents I work with have stopped
> accepting PDF files within image frames. Prior to this, they would
> display a preview. Now new image frames that I create show just the
> file name, but some older frames within the document still show the
> preview.
>
> When I export the document as a PDF, the frames that just display the
> file name export as empty/blank. The older frame that shows a preview
> causes the export to stop with an error saying it was unable to load
> the image.
>
> I'm not sure if this is related to something in the PDFs or not.
> However it is happening on two documents I am working on.

The problem appears to be an incompatibility between Scribus and
Ghostscript 9.25 since I've found mention of a similar problem
(importing .eps files) on a Scribus list.

Does anyone know if the Debian maintainers are going to revert to an
earlier version of Ghostscript or bring the fix down from an
experimental version of Scribus to fix this? Whatever the solution, the
current situation is not good enough to allow Buster to become Stable.