Several packages could be added to hamradio tasks

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Several packages could be added to hamradio tasks

Daniele Forsi
Hello,

there are packages that are either maintained by Debian Hamradio
Maintainers or included in section hamradio but aren't installed by
any hamradio task.

For example ebook2cwgui and xdemorse could be added to hamradio-morse.
I can prepare a patch if this is the right repository
https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/hamradio

I have extracted this list (I'm not sure if gr-dab gr-fcdproplus
gr-hpsdr gr-limesdr and the Lua and Python bindings should be added to
a task):
axmail dablin dmrconfig dump1090-mutability ebook2cwgui glfer gr-dab
gr-fcdproplus gr-hpsdr gr-limesdr hacktv hamradio-maintguide limesuite
limesuite-udev linpac lua-hamlib2 multimon-ng p10cfgd
python3-libhamlib2 python3-pyhamtools python3-soapysdr qtel remotetrx
rtl-433 soapyosmo-common0.6 soapyosmo-common0.7 soapyremote-server
svxlink-calibration-tools svxlink-gpio svxlink-server svxreflector
uhd-soapysdr welle.io xdemorse xnecview

There are also some packages suggested by tasks but they aren't
available (in Debian testing):
hamradio-datamodes 0.5 suggests kvasd-installer
hamradio-datamodes 0.5 suggests linsim
hamradio-datamodes 0.5 suggests wsjt
hamradio-datamodes 0.5 suggests wspr
hamradio-digitalvoice 0.5 suggests svxlink
hamradio-logging 0.5 suggests fllog
hamradio-morse 0.5 suggests flwkey
hamradio-nonamateur 0.5 suggests dump1090
hamradio-sdr 0.5 suggests dream
hamradio-sdr 0.5 suggests linrad
hamradio-sdr 0.5 suggests sdr-j
hamradio-tools 0.5 suggests flnet

--
73 de IU5HKX Daniele

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Several packages could be added to hamradio tasks

Christoph Berg-2
Re: Daniele Forsi 2020-01-02 <[hidden email]>
> For example ebook2cwgui and xdemorse could be added to hamradio-morse.
> I can prepare a patch if this is the right repository
> https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/hamradio

I guess the primary problem is that this repo isn't part of the
debian-hamradio-team on salsa. I'll try to get that fixed, or else we
will have the same bitrot again next month.

> I have extracted this list (I'm not sure if gr-dab gr-fcdproplus
> gr-hpsdr gr-limesdr and the Lua and Python bindings should be added to
> a task):

These probably fit into the "sdr" task.

> axmail dablin dmrconfig dump1090-mutability ebook2cwgui glfer gr-dab
> gr-fcdproplus gr-hpsdr gr-limesdr hacktv hamradio-maintguide limesuite
> limesuite-udev linpac lua-hamlib2 multimon-ng p10cfgd
> python3-libhamlib2 python3-pyhamtools python3-soapysdr qtel remotetrx
> rtl-433 soapyosmo-common0.6 soapyosmo-common0.7 soapyremote-server
> svxlink-calibration-tools svxlink-gpio svxlink-server svxreflector
> uhd-soapysdr welle.io xdemorse xnecview

The soapy modules should be added without the version number in the
package name. (And there is a soapysdr-module-all meta package.)

> There are also some packages suggested by tasks but they aren't
> available (in Debian testing):
> hamradio-datamodes 0.5 suggests kvasd-installer
> hamradio-datamodes 0.5 suggests linsim
> hamradio-datamodes 0.5 suggests wsjt
> hamradio-datamodes 0.5 suggests wspr

wsjt was removed because it's obsoleted by wsjtx. I guess wspr is
similar.

> hamradio-digitalvoice 0.5 suggests svxlink
> hamradio-logging 0.5 suggests fllog
> hamradio-morse 0.5 suggests flwkey
> hamradio-nonamateur 0.5 suggests dump1090
> hamradio-sdr 0.5 suggests dream
> hamradio-sdr 0.5 suggests linrad
> hamradio-sdr 0.5 suggests sdr-j
> hamradio-tools 0.5 suggests flnet

fl* is part of a huge suite of tools along with fldigi. Not sure if
any of the extra tools are useful, even some of the existing fl* tools
are somewhat dubious (flmsg is pretty strange, at least outside the USA.)

Christoph

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Several packages could be added to hamradio tasks

Christoph Berg-2
Re: To Daniele Forsi 2020-01-03 <[hidden email]>
> Re: Daniele Forsi 2020-01-02 <[hidden email]>
> > For example ebook2cwgui and xdemorse could be added to hamradio-morse.
> > I can prepare a patch if this is the right repository
> > https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/hamradio
>
> I guess the primary problem is that this repo isn't part of the
> debian-hamradio-team on salsa. I'll try to get that fixed, or else we
> will have the same bitrot again next month.

The team has access now, btw.

Patches welcome :)

Christoph

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Several packages could be added to hamradio tasks

Daniele Forsi
Christoph Berg wrote:

> > > https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/hamradio
> Patches welcome :)

let's try!
https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/hamradio/merge_requests/1

Should the packages contained in
https://packages.debian.org/sid/electronics-radio-dev
be added to
https://packages.debian.org/sid/hamradio-antenna
or should the meta-package itself be added to the task and the
individual packages removed?

I couldn't find a task to add
 * hamradio-maintguide
 * limesuite-udev uhd-soapysdr (not useful without their main packages?)
 * lua-hamlib2 python3-libhamlib2 python3-pyhamtools python3-soapysdr
(not useful by themselves)

--
73 de IU5HKX Daniele

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Several packages could be added to hamradio tasks

Christoph Berg-2
Re: Daniele Forsi 2020-01-08 <[hidden email]>
> Should the packages contained in
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/electronics-radio-dev
> be added to
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/hamradio-antenna
> or should the meta-package itself be added to the task and the
> individual packages removed?

Duplicating the package list doesn't make much sense, so I'd say add
the meta package here.

Though maybe that's not ideal because if some task selection tool says
"these packages are included", that would hide the actual contents
behind one layer of indirection. (It's been a while since I used
tasksel or a similar tool.)

> I couldn't find a task to add
>  * hamradio-maintguide

Developer-only, not interesting for end-users.

>  * limesuite-udev uhd-soapysdr (not useful without their main packages?)

limesuite-udev should probably be merged into some other limesuite
package, I'd ignore it for now.

I don't know what uhd-soapysdr is doing.

>  * lua-hamlib2 python3-libhamlib2 python3-pyhamtools python3-soapysdr
> (not useful by themselves)

Ack.

Christoph

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Several packages could be added to hamradio tasks

Daniele Forsi
Il giorno ven 10 gen 2020 alle ore 11:41 Christoph Berg ha scritto:

>
> Re: Daniele Forsi 2020-01-08 <[hidden email]>
> > Should the packages contained in
> > https://packages.debian.org/sid/electronics-radio-dev
> > be added to
> > https://packages.debian.org/sid/hamradio-antenna
> > or should the meta-package itself be added to the task and the
> > individual packages removed?
>
> Duplicating the package list doesn't make much sense, so I'd say add
> the meta package here.
>
> Though maybe that's not ideal because if some task selection tool says
> "these packages are included", that would hide the actual contents
> behind one layer of indirection. (It's been a while since I used
> tasksel or a similar tool.)

tasksel and synaptic only show the task name, tasksel doesn't even
show the description

> > I couldn't find a task to add
> >  * hamradio-maintguide
>
> Developer-only, not interesting for end-users.
>
> >  * limesuite-udev uhd-soapysdr (not useful without their main packages?)
>
> limesuite-udev should probably be merged into some other limesuite
> package, I'd ignore it for now.

ack

> I don't know what uhd-soapysdr is doing.

it's the opposite of soapysdr-module-uhd that we are including with
soapysdr-module-all so I'm adding it

I added mode packages (those not maintained by Debian Hams and not in
section radio), moved fccexam to nonamateur task and the wiki address
as homepage link.


--
73 de IU5HKX Daniele

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Several packages could be added to hamradio tasks

Daniele Forsi
Hello Christoph,

who can I ping to have this megere request of mine reviewed and possibly merged?

https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/hamradio/-/merge_requests/1

we talked about adding packages in this thread
https://lists.debian.org/debian-hams/2020/01/msg00032.html

--
73 de IU5HKX Daniele