Some questions about DD status and salsa

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Some questions about DD status and salsa

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe
Hi,

I am happy with being now a non-uploading DD. And I dont know where to ask, sorry for the noise.

For non-uploading DD, is a salsa account created? I tried to auth with it, but not possible, then to reset the passwd, but I dont rceive mail to do it on @debian.org.

Thanks for your help

Regards


   
--
signature_jp_2
Logo
                Hypra JEAN-PHILIPPE MENGUAL
DIRECTEUR TECHNIQUE ET QUALITÉ
102, rue des poissonniers, 75018, Paris
Tel : <a href="tel:+33184730661" style="margin-right:10px;">+331 84 73 06 61 Mob : <a href="tel:+33676349337">+336 76 34 93 37
Facebook Hypra Twitter Hypra Linkedin Jean-Philippe

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Some questions about DD status and salsa

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)-2
On 2019/05/28 01:05, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
> I am happy with being now a non-uploading DD. And I dont know where to
> ask, sorry for the noise.
>
> For non-uploading DD, is a salsa account created? I tried to auth with
> it, but not possible, then to reset the passwd, but I dont rceive mail
> to do it on @debian.org.

Our nomenclature is a bit confusing on that one. In reality, a DD and a
none-uploading DD are very similar, the significant difference is that a
none-uploading DD doesn't have upload rights to the debian archive. Both
are full project members that represent the project and can vote in the
elections.

People who aren't DDs can sign up for a guest account on salsa using:
https://signup.salsa.debian.org/

More information on https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa/Doc

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage
  ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋   https://debian.org | https://jonathancarter.org
  ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀  Be Bold. Be brave. Debian has got your back.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Some questions about DD status and salsa

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe

Le 28/05/2019 à 07:53, Jonathan Carter a écrit :

> On 2019/05/28 01:05, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
>> I am happy with being now a non-uploading DD. And I dont know where to
>> ask, sorry for the noise.
>>
>> For non-uploading DD, is a salsa account created? I tried to auth with
>> it, but not possible, then to reset the passwd, but I dont rceive mail
>> to do it on @debian.org.
>
> Our nomenclature is a bit confusing on that one. In reality, a DD and a
> none-uploading DD are very similar, the significant difference is that a
> none-uploading DD doesn't have upload rights to the debian archive. Both
> are full project members that represent the project and can vote in the
> elections.

ok thank for the precision.

> People who aren't DDs can sign up for a guest account on salsa using:
> https://signup.salsa.debian.org/
Yes, I have one. My purpose is to switch th account to the DD one. The
wiki says that I should first sign in sala with my DD account. Here I
fail: the passwd setting dos not seem to work on
https://salsa.debian.org/users/password/new
Reset passwd does not generate any mail to enter a new passwd on salsa
for DD account.

Best regards

> More information on https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa/Doc
>
> -Jonathan
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Some questions about DD status and salsa

Paul Wise via nm
In reply to this post by MENGUAL Jean-Philippe
MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:

> For non-uploading DD, is a salsa account created? I tried to auth
> with it, but not possible, then to reset the passwd, but I dont
> rceive mail to do it on @debian.org.

Typos were made in the Debian LDAP data of another recently accepted
Debian member and that was causing the process of importing Debian LDAP
accounts into salsa to fail. I've fixed the typos and I'm informed by
the Salsa admins that the next import should fix your issue.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise


signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Some questions about DD status and salsa

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe


Logo Hypra JEAN-PHILIPPE MENGUAL
DIRECTEUR TECHNIQUE ET QUALITÉ
102, rue des poissonniers, 75018, Paris
Tel : +331 84 73 06 61 <tel:+33184730661> Mob : +336 76 34 93 37
<tel:+33676349337>
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
www.hypra.fr <http://www.hypra.fr/>
Facebook Hypra <https://www.facebook.com/hyprasoftware/> Twitter Hypra
<https://twitter.com/Hypra_> Linkedin Jean-Philippe
<https://fr.linkedin.com/in/jean-philippe-mengual-800133135>



Le 28/05/2019 à 09:17, Paul Wise a écrit :

> MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
>
>> For non-uploading DD, is a salsa account created? I tried to auth
>> with it, but not possible, then to reset the passwd, but I dont
>> rceive mail to do it on @debian.org.
>
> Typos were made in the Debian LDAP data of another recently accepted
> Debian member and that was causing the process of importing Debian LDAP
> accounts into salsa to fail. I've fixed the typos and I'm informed by
> the Salsa admins that the next import should fix your issue.

ok it seems I am now granted to access to the Debian group as
maintainer, I guess it is good.


Many thanks

>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Some questions about DD status and salsa

Bastian Blank
In reply to this post by MENGUAL Jean-Philippe
On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 01:05:39AM +0200, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
> I am happy with being now a non-uploading DD.

Welcome on board.

>                                               And I dont know where to
> ask, sorry for the noise.

On Salsa, every page, including the login page, have a link "Help",
which points here: https://salsa.debian.org/help.

If this link is not visible enough as a way to get help with this
service, we should bring this up at GitLab upstream.

I just re-styled the Salsa specific content of this page at the top to
be more visible.

Regards,
Bastian

--
Only a fool fights in a burning house.
                -- Kank the Klingon, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Some questions about DD status and salsa

Ulrike Uhlig
In reply to this post by Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)-2
Hi Jonathan,

On 28.05.19 07:53, Jonathan Carter wrote:

> On 2019/05/28 01:05, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
>> I am happy with being now a non-uploading DD. And I dont know where to
>> ask, sorry for the noise.
>>
>> For non-uploading DD, is a salsa account created? I tried to auth with
>> it, but not possible, then to reset the passwd, but I dont rceive mail
>> to do it on @debian.org.
>
> Our nomenclature is a bit confusing on that one. In reality, a DD and a
> none-uploading DD are very similar, the significant difference is that a
> none-uploading DD doesn't have upload rights to the debian archive. Both
> are full project members that represent the project and can vote in the
> elections.

But salsa != "the debian archive".

> People who aren't DDs can sign up for a guest account on salsa using:
> https://signup.salsa.debian.org/
>
> More information on https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa/Doc

I guess the question here is:

- is a Salsa account created automatically for every DD? This includes
  non-uploading DDs.
  - if yes:
    /*
    The doc seems to say so: "Debian Developers get synced every 6 hours
    from LDAP and retain their Debian login as salsa username."
    */
    then:
        how does one recover the password?
        /* I remember that the existence and usage of
           https://db.debian.org/ is not well documented for new project
           members.
         */
  - if no:
    can one create a non-guest account on Salsa?
    Or are non-uploading DDs considered "guests" on Salsa?

Cheers!
Ulrike

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Some questions about DD status and salsa

Paul Wise via nm
On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 4:12 PM Ulrike Uhlig wrote:

> - is a Salsa account created automatically for every DD? This includes
>   non-uploading DDs.

Yes.

>         how does one recover the password?

I expect the normal gitlab password reset works, I haven't tested it though.

>         /* I remember that the existence and usage of
>            https://db.debian.org/ is not well documented for new project
>            members.
>          */

The second paragraph of the welcome mail documents it:

https://salsa.debian.org/dsa-team/mirror/userdir-ldap/raw/master/templates/welcome-message-Debian

>     can one create a non-guest account on Salsa?

I think the answer is no, but I haven't checked the codebases used to
prevent this.

https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/

>     Or are non-uploading DDs considered "guests" on Salsa?

I think the answer is no.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Some questions about DD status and salsa

Ulrike Uhlig
Paul,

On 28.05.19 10:37, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 4:12 PM Ulrike Uhlig wrote:

>>         /* I remember that the existence and usage of
>>            https://db.debian.org/ is not well documented for new project
>>            members.
>>          */
>
> The second paragraph of the welcome mail documents it:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/dsa-team/mirror/userdir-ldap/raw/master/templates/welcome-message-Debian

Oh, that's great.

Thanks for your precise replies :)

Ulrike