Some things are broken in unstable

Felix Natter-2
hello GNOME Team,

in my Debian unstable VM (updated yesterday), a few things are no-ops:

- Right click --> Change Background...
- on-off-icon --> Tool icon (Prefs)

The rest seems to work.

Shall I file a bug or is this known? Against which package?

Please CC: me, I am not subscribed.

Cheers and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter

qmi

Re: Some things are broken in unstable

qmi
Hi Felix and list,

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 10:43:49AM +0200, Felix Natter wrote:
> hello GNOME Team,
>
> in my Debian unstable VM (updated yesterday), a few things are no-ops:
>
> - Right click --> Change Background...
Really? It works for me in sid, no issues. I can change the background
on the screen as well as the on lock screen. Can you tell more about
your GNOME environment? Mine is:

gnome-core 1:3.14+4
gnome (not installed, I don't have full GNOME desktop)
gnome-session 3.20.1-3
task-gnome-desktop 3.34

It's a basic GNOME3 on 32-bit PC with sid kernel, default GTK+ theme.

> - on-off-icon --> Tool icon (Prefs)
Please help some, I don't where this is.

Regards
--
Miklos Quartus
WWW: http://www.miklos.info

Miklos Quartus <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi Felix and list,

hello Miklos,

thanks for your reply.

> Really? It works for me in sid, no issues. I can change the background
> on the screen as well as the on lock screen. Can you tell more about
> your GNOME environment? Mine is:
>
> gnome-core 1:3.14+4
> gnome (not installed, I don't have full GNOME desktop)
> gnome-session 3.20.1-3
> task-gnome-desktop 3.34

I am using a x86_64 system with these versions:

gnome-core: not installed
gnome: not installed
gnome-session: 3.20.1-3
task-gnome-desktop: not installed

aptitude shows gnome-control-center has some unsatisfied dependencies.
Reinstalling it fixes the control center issue.

> It's a basic GNOME3 on 32-bit PC with sid kernel, default GTK+ theme.
>
>> - on-off-icon --> Tool icon (Prefs)
> Please help some, I don't where this is.

Now it works (see above).

So I have not installed GNOME3 properly. The question is: how did I
manage to do this? Do you want to analyse this or shall I just
"apt-get install task-gnome-desktop"?

Cheers and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter