Sponsorship request for Debian Perl sprint, June 2019

Sponsorship request for Debian Perl sprint, June 2019

Dominic Hargreaves-2
Hello,

We're planning a Debian Perl sprint in Hamburg coinciding with the
mini-debconf there:

https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/2019/DebianPerlSprint

The number of attendees is 3 and the agenda is listed on the wiki page.
We request a travel and accommodation budget of 1050 EUR for travel and
accommodation for two participants.

Additional sponsorship is provided by csc.fi.

Please let us know if you need any more information!

Thanks,
Dominic

Re: Sponsorship request for Debian Perl sprint, June 2019

Sam Hartman-3

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 05:38:10AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Dominic> Hello, We're planning a Debian Perl sprint in Hamburg
>     Dominic> coinciding with the mini-debconf there:
>
>     Dominic> https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/2019/DebianPerlSprint
>
>     Dominic> The number of attendees is 3 and the agenda is listed on
>     Dominic> the wiki page.  We request a travel and accommodation
>     Dominic> budget of 1050 EUR for travel and accommodation for two
>     Dominic> participants.
>
>     Dominic> Additional sponsorship is provided by csc.fi.
>
>     Dominic> Please let us know if you need any more information!
>
> Approved with two considerations.
>
> Your request is relatively high compared to the Debian Edu sprint's
> request.  They are asking for different things, and certainly if any of
> your travel is from outside Europe, your request totally makes sense.
> I'm not going to micro manage other than to ask you to be frugal here.

Thanks Sam. Travel is a mixture of from mainland Europe and UK. I realised
that part of the request included accommodation (on my side) that was
more expensive than the on-site accommodation - this is based on my
practical requirements around travelling back very early in the morning
- and that this wasn't consistent with Debian guidelines about expenses.

As a result, I will only claim the portion of accommodation costs
that would be covered by the on-site costs and not the full amount which
should reduce the total a bit.

> You are welcome to try and use FFIS as your trusted organization.  Be
> aware that the last few people who tried that never got their money and
> had a huge administrative mess.  If you succeed it would be great for
> Debian, but you are probably better off using Debian France.
> This approval is valid for either TO.

Thank you for this advice. We will look into this and decide which
route to take.

Best,
Dominic.