Statistics

Ulrike Uhlig-2
Hi!

just for myself and for fun I wanted to recompile some statistics on
women in Debian. (Last data I have in memory is about 10 years old - and
looks pretty much the same as what I've found for the present situation).

I am not sure if it's very useful. And I am sure that the discussion
about diversity in a larger sense than gender at the last DebConf in is
even more important, so I don't want to insist at all on these specific
stats. It's simply out of curiosity that I was trying to make this list.

Could somebody complete this data?

Number of voting DDs 2015: 1033
(I suppose that that's not the number of all DDs, right? Are these only
active DDs?)

Number of female DDs: 11

That's the list I have:
Elizabeth Krumbach
Amaya Rodrigo Sastre
Francesca Ciceri
Miriam Ruiz
Margerita Manterola
Alice Ferrazzi
Ana Beatriz Guerrero López
Laura Arjona Reina
Meike Reichle
Erinn Clark
Hannah Wallach

I know there are also some female DMs (Mechtilde), and many more people
without any status who contribute (most of those listed on the wiki).

Cheers!
u.

Re: Statistics

Ana Guerrero Lopez

Hi u!

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 01:08:38PM +0000, u wrote:

> Hi!
>
> just for myself and for fun I wanted to recompile some statistics on
> women in Debian. (Last data I have in memory is about 10 years old - and
> looks pretty much the same as what I've found for the present situation).
>
> I am not sure if it's very useful. And I am sure that the discussion
> about diversity in a larger sense than gender at the last DebConf in is
> even more important, so I don't want to insist at all on these specific
> stats. It's simply out of curiosity that I was trying to make this list.
>
> Could somebody complete this data?

The data about female participation is at this page:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen/Projects/Statistics

I would say is up-to-date.

> Number of voting DDs 2015: 1033
> (I suppose that that's not the number of all DDs, right? Are these only
> active DDs?)

That's the number of everybody who is DD currently and hasn't retired from the
project.

Ana

Re: Statistics

Ulrike Uhlig-2
Hi Ana,

Ana Guerrero Lopez:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 01:08:38PM +0000, u wrote:
> The data about female participation is at this page:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen/Projects/Statistics
>
> I would say is up-to-date.

Thanks a lot! Not sure how exactly I missed this page..

I counted 20 female DDs in 1033 total (1.94%) and
61 female uploaders in 4340 total uploaders (1.41%).

This percentage has not changed much since the Flosspols report in 2005
it seems.

Cheers!
u.

Re: Statistics

Ana Guerrero Lopez
On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 03:29:37PM +0000, u wrote:

> Hi Ana,
>
> Ana Guerrero Lopez:
> > On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 01:08:38PM +0000, u wrote:
> > The data about female participation is at this page:
> >
> > https://wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen/Projects/Statistics
> >
> > I would say is up-to-date.
>
> Thanks a lot! Not sure how exactly I missed this page..
>
> I counted 20 female DDs in 1033 total (1.94%) and
> 61 female uploaders in 4340 total uploaders (1.41%).
>
> This percentage has not changed much since the Flosspols report in 2005
> it seems.

After sending my previous email I checked a bit more carefully and
I added 3 female DD. There is probably more people missing from
the years 2013-2015.  The page wasn't as much as up-to-date as I
thought initially.

Ana

Re: Statistics

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello Ana,

I miss the new list of contributors we prepared at last Debconf15.

Kind regards

Mechtilde

--
Mechtilde Stehmann

## Apache OpenOffice
## Debian
## Look, calendar-exchange-provider, libreoffice-canzeley-client
## PGP encryption welcome
## Key-ID 0x141AAD7F

Re: Statistics

Amaya Rodrigo Sastre
Ana Guerrero Lopez wrote:
> After sending my previous email I checked a bit more carefully and I
> added 3 female DD. There is probably more people missing from the
> years 2013-2015.  The page wasn't as much as up-to-date as I thought
> initially.

Is demonichi in there? I kind of remember she was a DD, I'm off to ask
Branden.

--
 .''`.        The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are
: :' :        strong at the broken places.    - Ernest Hemingway
  `-                            Proudly running Debian GNU/Linux

Re: Statistics

Ana Guerrero Lopez
On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 06:43:30PM +0100, Amaya wrote:
> Ana Guerrero Lopez wrote:
> > After sending my previous email I checked a bit more carefully and I
> > added 3 female DD. There is probably more people missing from the
> > years 2013-2015.  The page wasn't as much as up-to-date as I thought
> > initially.
>
> Is demonichi in there? I kind of remember she was a DD, I'm off to ask
> Branden.

I just added her + her retirement.
I'll leave somebody else to update the statistics and the graphs in the wiki.

Re: Statistics

Rhonda D'Vine-2
     Hey!

* u <[hidden email]> [2016-01-19 14:08:38 CET]:
> Could somebody complete this data?
>
> Number of voting DDs 2015: 1033
> (I suppose that that's not the number of all DDs, right? Are these only
> active DDs?)
>
> Number of female DDs: 11

 How did you came up with those names?  Because it's missing myself, but
it is containing Meike who is retired/inactive for a while now.  And to
the best of my knowledge unfortunately Hannah and Alice never were DD?
And you are missing at least Christine Spang and Monica who come to my
mind without looking into ldap. :)

 Thanks for looking into it though!
Rhonda
--
Fühlst du dich mutlos, fass endlich Mut, los      |
Fühlst du dich hilflos, geh raus und hilf, los    | Wir sind Helden
Fühlst du dich haltlos, such Halt und lass los    |

Re: Statistics

Amaya Rodrigo Sastre
Rhonda D'Vine wrote:
>  How did you came up with those names?  Because it's missing myself,
>  but it is containing Meike who is retired/inactive for a while now.
>  And to the best of my knowledge unfortunately Hannah and Alice never
>  were DD?  And you are missing at least Christine Spang and Monica who
>  come to my mind without looking into ldap. :)

Anyone is free to help here:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen/Projects/Statistics
Your name should be fixed, IMHO.