Status of GNOME 2.14 in Debian

Frederic Peters-2
For those of us tracking GNOME 2.14 arrival in Debian, I made a
summary table;
  http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-2.14-status.html

It is updated hourly (to get incoming changes) and use
ftp.fr.debian.org for Packages files.

Hope it is helpful,

        Frederic

Re: Status of GNOME 2.14 in Debian

Sjoerd Simons-2
On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 02:18:10PM +0100, Frederic Peters wrote:
> For those of us tracking GNOME 2.14 arrival in Debian, I made a
> summary table;
>   http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-2.14-status.html
>
> It is updated hourly (to get incoming changes) and use
> ftp.fr.debian.org for Packages files.

  Looks nice. There is already something like this on
  http://merkel.debian.org/~kov/gnome-packages.html, but your pages are more
  clear IMHO. Would be nice if the two could be combined :)

    Sjoerd
--
For if there is a sin against life, it consists perhaps not so much in
despairing of life as in hoping for another life and in eluding the

Re: Status of GNOME 2.14 in Debian

Sam Morris
Would it be possible to get
<http://pkg-gnome.alioth.debian.org/package-status.html> updated, or at
least replaced with a redirect to your page?

--
Sam Morris
http://robots.org.uk/

PGP key id 5EA01078
3412 EA18 1277 354B 991B  C869 B219 7FDB 5EA0 1078

On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 01:51:35PM +0000, Sam Morris wrote:
> Would it be possible to get
> <http://pkg-gnome.alioth.debian.org/package-status.html> updated, or at
> least replaced with a redirect to your page?

I've changed that page to include links to the two pages that i currently know
have a status overview of gnome packages in debian.

  Sjoerd
--
If there is a sin against life, it consists perhaps not so much in despairing
of life as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur
of this life.
                -- Albert Camus

Re: Status of GNOME 2.14 in Debian

Jérôme Warnier
Le dimanche 19 mars 2006 à 14:39 +0100, Sjoerd Simons a écrit :

> On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 02:18:10PM +0100, Frederic Peters wrote:
> > For those of us tracking GNOME 2.14 arrival in Debian, I made a
> > summary table;
> >   http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-2.14-status.html
> >
> > It is updated hourly (to get incoming changes) and use
> > ftp.fr.debian.org for Packages files.
>
>   Looks nice. There is already something like this on
>   http://merkel.debian.org/~kov/gnome-packages.html, but your pages are more
>   clear IMHO. Would be nice if the two could be combined :)
Also, this one is still about GNOME 2.12...

>     Sjoerd

Re: Status of GNOME 2.14 in Debian

Ondřej Surý-4
On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 14:18 +0100, Frederic Peters wrote:
> For those of us tracking GNOME 2.14 arrival in Debian, I made a
> summary table;
>   http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-2.14-status.html

Could you update your script, so it checks for all archs (maybe
additional column?)

You can check buildd logs (or archive) for that information...

Ondrej.
--
Ondrej Sury <[hidden email]>

Ondrej Sury wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 14:18 +0100, Frederic Peters wrote:
> > For those of us tracking GNOME 2.14 arrival in Debian, I made a
> > summary table;
> >   http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-2.14-status.html
>
> Could you update your script, so it checks for all archs (maybe
> additional column?)
>
> You can check buildd logs (or archive) for that information...

I'll think about how to format things and will try to code it this
evening.

I wrote:

> I'll think about how to format things and will try to code it this
> evening.

The page now features a checkbox " [ ] Display arch details"; it adds
row to packages where there are differences in version numbers in
unstable.

Exemple:

                    upstream        debian         team
libbonobo (PTS)     2.14.0          2.14.0-1       yes
   Unstable has 2.14.0-1 for arm hppa i386 ia64 kfreebsd-i386 sparc
   Unstable has 2.10.1-1 for alpha amd64 hurd-i386 mips mipsel powerpc s390

Regards,

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 14:40 +0100, Frederic Peters wrote:

> I wrote:
>
> > I'll think about how to format things and will try to code it this
> > evening.
>
> The page now features a checkbox " [ ] Display arch details"; it adds
> row to packages where there are differences in version numbers in
> unstable.
>
> Exemple:
>
>                     upstream        debian         team
> libbonobo (PTS)     2.14.0          2.14.0-1       yes
>    Unstable has 2.14.0-1 for arm hppa i386 ia64 kfreebsd-i386 sparc
>    Unstable has 2.10.1-1 for alpha amd64 hurd-i386 mips mipsel powerpc s390
Thanks, very nice, but could I have another suggestion (in addition to
detailed status?), could you add column named "Archs?" with status:
"All" or number of up-to-date archs, so we can just check if it's time
to upload another package in dependency chain by quick look? :-)))

Ondrej.
--
Ondrej Sury <[hidden email]>

Ondrej Sury wrote:

> Thanks, very nice, but could I have another suggestion (in addition to
> detailed status?), could you add column named "Archs?" with status:
> "All" or number of up-to-date archs, so we can just check if it's time
> to upload another package in dependency chain by quick look? :-)))

Done. (note the arch stuff is not done for packages uptodate in
incoming (like pango is now))

On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 02:39:38PM +0100, Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 02:18:10PM +0100, Frederic Peters wrote:
> > For those of us tracking GNOME 2.14 arrival in Debian, I made a
> > summary table;
> >   http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-2.14-status.html
> >
> > It is updated hourly (to get incoming changes) and use
> > ftp.fr.debian.org for Packages files.

Don't know what is wrong, but at least gconf isn't updated correctly. (Does it
assume the experimental version > the unstable version maybe ?)

  Sjoerd
--
If you want divine justice, die.
                -- Nick Seldon

Sjoerd Simons wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 02:39:38PM +0100, Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 02:18:10PM +0100, Frederic Peters wrote:
> > > For those of us tracking GNOME 2.14 arrival in Debian, I made a
> > > summary table;
> > >   http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-2.14-status.html
> > >
> > > It is updated hourly (to get incoming changes) and use
> > > ftp.fr.debian.org for Packages files.
>
> Don't know what is wrong, but at least gconf isn't updated correctly. (Does it
> assume the experimental version > the unstable version maybe ?)

That's it.  I'll fix that.

Sjoerd Simons wrote:

> Don't know what is wrong, but at least gconf isn't updated correctly. (Does it
> assume the experimental version > the unstable version maybe ?)

And this is now fixed.  Note that build archs information is taken
from packages.debian.org which lags wrt to Packages file, so it
currently show 0/13 archs for gconf2 2.14.0-1.

        Frederic

Re: Status of GNOME 2.14 in Debian

Michael Ott
Hello Frederic!

> For those of us tracking GNOME 2.14 arrival in Debian, I made a
> summary table;
>   http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-2.14-status.html
>
> It is updated hourly (to get incoming changes) and use
> ftp.fr.debian.org for Packages files.
One simple question:
I will to update to the gnome packages for experimental to test the
packages. I read that help is needed. Does my current gnome (2.12) does
also work with the new packages. I want testing but also work with this
box.

CU

  Michael

--
    ,''`.   Michael Ott, e-mail: michael at zolnott dot de
   : :' :   Debian SID on Thinkpad T43:

Re: Status of GNOME 2.14 in Debian

Michael Ott
Hello Frederic!

>   http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-2.14-status.html
Today i see the page on work and I notice that the most packages are
unstable. And on my laptop i cannot differ the colors. I thought that the
packages are
mostly experimental. Can you please change the colors a little bit.

My laptop is not an old one. It is a T43 but the LCD is not colorfast. I use
X.org with 24 bit depth

CU

  Michael

--
           Michael Ott, e-mail: [hidden email], www.zolnott.de
I am registered as user #275453 with the Linux Counter,

Re: Status of GNOME 2.14 in Debian

Frederic Peters-2
Hi,

Michael Ott wrote:

> Today i see the page on work and I notice that the most packages are
> unstable. And on my laptop i cannot differ the colors. I thought that the
> packages are
> mostly experimental. Can you please change the colors a little bit.

Is this a bit better ?  I darkened a bit the ok state.

        Frederic

Re: Status of GNOME 2.14 in Debian

Michael Ott
Hello Frederic!

> > Today i see the page on work and I notice that the most packages are
> > unstable. And on my laptop i cannot differ the colors. I thought that the
> > packages are
> > mostly experimental. Can you please change the colors a little bit.
>
> Is this a bit better ?  I darkened a bit the ok state.
Great. Thank you!

CU

  Michael

--
    ,''`.   Michael Ott, e-mail: michael at zolnott dot de
   : :' :   Debian SID on Thinkpad T43:
   `. `'    http://www.zolnott.de/laptop/ibm-t43-uc34nge.html
     `-

Re: Status of GNOME 2.14 in Debian

Gustavo Franco
Hi Frederic,

Is it possible to add a claim column ? It would be good list the
name(s) from who's working on each module to avoid duplicate work (it
already happened at least two times during this upgrade).

I'm not sure how to update the column, but i think we can keep it
simple and follow the same procedure used during some BSP[0].

[0] = http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php

Thanks,
-- stratus

Gustavo Franco wrote:

> Is it possible to add a claim column ? It would be good list the
> name(s) from who's working on each module to avoid duplicate work (it
> already happened at least two times during this upgrade).
>
> I'm not sure how to update the column, but i think we can keep it
> simple and follow the same procedure used during some BSP[0].
>
> [0] = http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php

There is no bug to attach to; I thought about it and I think the
easiest way would be to have a page on wiki.debian.org with a list:

- package: person who claims to be working on it

I would then parse it to add a new column.

What do you think about this ?

On 4/1/06, Frederic Peters <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Gustavo Franco wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to add a claim column ? It would be good list the
> > name(s) from who's working on each module to avoid duplicate work (it
> > already happened at least two times during this upgrade).
> >
> > I'm not sure how to update the column, but i think we can keep it
> > simple and follow the same procedure used during some BSP[0].
> >
> > [0] = http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php
>
> There is no bug to attach to; I thought about it and I think the
> easiest way would be to have a page on wiki.debian.org with a list:
>
> - package: person who claims to be working on it
>
> I would then parse it to add a new column.
>
> What do you think about this ?

Right, there's no bugh to attach to, i just used that page to point out the
basic idea. I think a wiki.d.o article could be useful. You can easily parse
using the rss feed generated.

Thanks,
-- stratus

12