Status of GNOME 2.16 in Debian

Frederic Peters-2
Hello,

Since it was just a parameter to change to my script, I have set up
  http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-2.16-status.html

I looked but didn't found anything, so if there is a statement about
2.16 and Etch somewhere, I thought I could put it at the top.

Hope it helps,

        Frederic

Re: Status of GNOME 2.16 in Debian

Josselin Mouette
Le jeudi 07 septembre 2006 à 10:56 +0200, Frederic Peters a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Since it was just a parameter to change to my script, I have set up
>   http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-2.16-status.html

Thanks, this page is very helpful.

BTW, there is a small mistake: gnome-user-guide is in Debian.

> I looked but didn't found anything, so if there is a statement about
> 2.16 and Etch somewhere, I thought I could put it at the top.

The plan is to push everything in experimental as soon as possible. The
biggest changes are those needed for GTK+ 2.10, and once they are
finalized we can move GTK+ to unstable along with all modules and
engines. The rest should follow easily.

 .''`.           Josselin Mouette        /\./\
: :' :           [hidden email]
`. `'                        [hidden email]
   `-  Debian GNU/Linux -- The power of freedom

Josselin Mouette wrote:

> BTW, there is a small mistake: gnome-user-guide is in Debian.

Thanks, I added it to the manual overrides (since its debian source
package is named gnome2-user-docs, not gnome-user-docs).

I wrote :

> > BTW, there is a small mistake: gnome-user-guide is in Debian.
>
> Thanks, I added it to the manual overrides (since its debian source
> package is named gnome2-user-docs, not gnome-user-docs).

Mistaken on this, I looked at stable.  Fixed now.

        Frederic

Re: Status of GNOME 2.16 in Debian

Magnus Therning
On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 13:53:20 +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:

>Le jeudi 07 septembre 2006 à 10:56 +0200, Frederic Peters a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> Since it was just a parameter to change to my script, I have set up
>>   http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-2.16-status.html
>
>Thanks, this page is very helpful.
>
>BTW, there is a small mistake: gnome-user-guide is in Debian.
>
>> I looked but didn't found anything, so if there is a statement about
>> 2.16 and Etch somewhere, I thought I could put it at the top.
>
>The plan is to push everything in experimental as soon as possible. The
>biggest changes are those needed for GTK+ 2.10, and once they are
>finalized we can move GTK+ to unstable along with all modules and
>engines. The rest should follow easily.
Will you make an announcement on the list when things are in
experimental?
I'd love to help ironing out any problems?

/M

--
Magnus Therning                             (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
[hidden email]             Jabber: [hidden email]

by patent law on written works.

It says "My Computer" because Bill thinks that putting his software on
it makes it his. This explains a lot.
     -- unitron (/.)

Re: Status of GNOME 2.16 in Debian

Josselin Mouette
Le jeudi 07 septembre 2006 à 10:56 +0200, Frederic Peters a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Since it was just a parameter to change to my script, I have set up
>   http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-2.16-status.html

There are some errors in the displayed versions. For example libbonobo
is listed as 2.15.3-1 while experimental has 2.16.0-1.

Are you relying on the i386 listings maybe?

Josselin Mouette wrote:

> Le jeudi 07 septembre 2006 à 10:56 +0200, Frederic Peters a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > Since it was just a parameter to change to my script, I have set up
> >   http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-2.16-status.html
>
> There are some errors in the displayed versions. For example libbonobo
> is listed as 2.15.3-1 while experimental has 2.16.0-1.
>
> Are you relying on the i386 listings maybe?

That was the case, I'm currently reworking the script to use madison
instead of parsing a Packages file, so those problems should be soon
resolved.

        Frederic