TNC3S

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

TNC3S

Peter-64
Hi

I'am looking for support to get a TNC3S with 2 modem working
With standard kissattach I got modem 1 on the air.

In the ax25 how-to I found:
If you have a dual port tnc and it is connected to
your /dev/ttyS0 serial device at 9600 bps,
the command:
 /usr/sbin/mkiss -s 9600 /dev/ttyS0 /dev/ptyp0 /dev/ptyp1
 /usr/sbin/kissattach /dev/ttyp0 port1
 /usr/sbin/kissattach /dev/ttyp1 port2

But none of the modem do work
Who has a TNC3S running ?

peter
PC2A


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TNC3S

Ray Wells-3
Peter wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'am looking for support to get a TNC3S with 2 modem working
> With standard kissattach I got modem 1 on the air.
>
> In the ax25 how-to I found:
> If you have a dual port tnc and it is connected to
> your /dev/ttyS0 serial device at 9600 bps,
> the command:
> /usr/sbin/mkiss -s 9600 /dev/ttyS0 /dev/ptyp0 /dev/ptyp1
> /usr/sbin/kissattach /dev/ttyp0 port1
> /usr/sbin/kissattach /dev/ttyp1 port2
>
> But none of the modem do work
> Who has a TNC3S running ?
>
> peter
> PC2A
>
>
Peter,

Are you getting any error messages?

Are the port names in axports the same as used in kissattach and do the
port speeds match the TNC settings?

Is mkiss available? I've read of it not being available by default.

Is kissattach residing in /usr/sbin, or is it in /usr/local/sbin?

Is the TNC in KISS mode?

I believe the use of an IP number is mandatory in kissattach. Even
non-routable numbers will do. I use 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2 for my
loopback ports.

Ray vk2tv
.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TNC3S

Peter-64


Ray Wells schreef:

> Peter wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'am looking for support to get a TNC3S with 2 modem working
>> With standard kissattach I got modem 1 on the air.
>>
>> In the ax25 how-to I found:
>> If you have a dual port tnc and it is connected to
>> your /dev/ttyS0 serial device at 9600 bps,
>> the command:
>> /usr/sbin/mkiss -s 9600 /dev/ttyS0 /dev/ptyp0 /dev/ptyp1
>> /usr/sbin/kissattach /dev/ttyp0 port1
>> /usr/sbin/kissattach /dev/ttyp1 port2
>>
>> But none of the modem do work
>> Who has a TNC3S running ?
>>
>> peter
>> PC2A
>>
>>
> Peter,
>
> Are you getting any error messages?
No! just the kisssattach message:
AX.25 port port1 bound to device ax0
AX.25 port port2 bound to device ax1

>
> Are the port names in axports the same as used in kissattach and do
> the port speeds match the TNC settings?
AX port:
port1 pi4cc-10    1200        256   7     tnc3 1
port2 pi4cc-11    9600        256   7     tnc3 2


>
> Is mkiss available? I've read of it not being available by default.
>
Yes!
> Is kissattach residing in /usr/sbin, or is it in /usr/local/sbin?
>
In /usr/sbin
> Is the TNC in KISS mode?
>
Yes
> I believe the use of an IP number is mandatory in kissattach. Even
> non-routable numbers will do. I use 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2 for my
> loopback ports.
>
This is use to startup:
/usr/sbin/mkiss -s 38400 /dev/ttyS0 /dev/ptyp0 /dev/ptyp1
/usr/sbin/kissattach /dev/ttyp0 port1 10.0.0.101
/usr/sbin/kissattach /dev/ttyp1 port2 10.0.0.102

The ifconfig output:
ifconfig
ax0       Link encap:AMPR AX.25  HWaddr PI4CC-10
          inet addr:10.0.0.101  Bcast:10.255.255.255  Mask:255.0.0.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING  MTU:256  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:10
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

ax1       Link encap:AMPR AX.25  HWaddr PI4CC-11
          inet addr:10.0.0.102  Bcast:10.255.255.255  Mask:255.0.0.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING  MTU:256  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:10
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)


> Ray vk2tv
> .
>
>

Peter


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]