Quantcast

Team maintenance of python-cvxopt

Andreas Tille-5
Hi Soeren,

by chance I realised that you did not uploaded cvxopt since five years
and it received several NMUs from Debian Science members.  I'd call the
package de-facto orphaned and would like to move it into Debian Science
team maintenance.  If you do not insist I'll create a Git repository
and upload the latest version to experimental.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

http://fam-tille.de

Re: Team maintenance of python-cvxopt

Tobias Hansen-3
Hi Andreas,

you already did that:
https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/cvxopt.git/

It was even uploaded at some point. I remember that it showed up in NEW
but then disappeared again. Was that upload maybe rejected?

Best,
Tobias

On 03/09/2017 04:49 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Hi Soeren,
>
> by chance I realised that you did not uploaded cvxopt since five years
> and it received several NMUs from Debian Science members.  I'd call the
> package de-facto orphaned and would like to move it into Debian Science
> team maintenance.  If you do not insist I'll create a Git repository
> and upload the latest version to experimental.
>
> Kind regards
>
>         Andreas.

Re: Team maintenance of python-cvxopt

Andreas Tille-2
Hi Tobias,

On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 07:20:14AM -0500, Tobias Hansen wrote:
> you already did that:
> https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/cvxopt.git/

Cool.  Thanks for helping me to cope with my poor memory. ;-)
Seems I'm doing to much inside Debian if I need others to remember
me what I did ...

> It was even uploaded at some point. I remember that it showed up in NEW
> but then disappeared again. Was that upload maybe rejected?

Hmmmm, I can't find a record of this.  Shame on my that I totally
forgot.  I think the best course of action is to upload as is to
experimental now (I realise that Git is lagging behind upstream, bit
this keeps a signal that something is to do once Stretch is out).

Kind regards

      Andreas.

http://fam-tille.de

Re: Team maintenance of python-cvxopt

Andreas Tille-2
Hi again,

On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 02:46:20PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I think the best course of action is to upload as is to
> experimental now (I realise that Git is lagging behind upstream, bit
> this keeps a signal that something is to do once Stretch is out).

Version 1.1.8+dfsg-1 is now in experimental (after some cycles through
new).  Anybody is welcome to contribute.  I'd consider upgrading to
latest release once Stretch is released - anybody is welcome to beat me
in doing so.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--