Total traffic accounting from a switch

Victor Rodriguez Cortes
        Hello!

        I have a 3Com switch and I need to know how may I get the
total traffic of a given port (in gigabytes) for a given time period (i.e.
one day/week/month), but the output must be HTML or text in a human
readable form (not raw values from the switch snmp counters). I'm
currently using Cacti (www.cacti.net) to graph various data from my
switch, including one graph that shows me the total traffic for a given
time period, but I need this information in tex/HTML format. Is there
any software that could do this?

        Cacti uses rrd files... how may I get this information from them
without drawing a graph?

        Any help is very appreciated!
        Thanks!

---
Victor R. Rodriguez
Departamento de Sistemas
Valoraciones del Mediterraneo, S.A.
---

Re: Total traffic accounting from a switch

Shane Chrisp
On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 23:04 +0200, Victor Rodriguez Cortes wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have a 3Com switch and I need to know how may I get the
> total traffic of a given port (in gigabytes) for a given time period (i.e.
> one day/week/month), but the output must be HTML or text in a human
> readable form (not raw values from the switch snmp counters). I'm
> currently using Cacti (www.cacti.net) to graph various data from my
> switch, including one graph that shows me the total traffic for a given
> time period, but I need this information in tex/HTML format. Is there
> any software that could do this?
>
> Cacti uses rrd files... how may I get this information from them
> without drawing a graph?
>
> Any help is very appreciated!

This may be of some help. I havnt used it anywhere for a long time, but
i used to set it up at customers sites for them to keep an eye on thier
links and it was reasonably accurate.
http://bjorn.swift.st/traffic/

cheers
Shane