Totem "xulrunner" plugin and building with gstreamer 0.10

Totem "xulrunner" plugin and building with gstreamer 0.10

Gustavo Noronha Silva
Hello,

I've been playing with enabling the totem plugin building it with
xulrunner.

Ubuntu has the plugin enabled already, built with firefox, and
distributes it with two new packages:

totem-{xine,gstreamer}-firefox-plugin

I tried to name our version of these packages more generically, and came
up with totem-{xine,gstreamer}-xul-plugin. So, everything builds ok, and
installs correctly, but since xulrunner-enabled epiphany lacks
about:plugins I can't really find a simple way of testing whether the
plugin is having an effect.

I can see that epiphany opens the .so file, but I couldn't get a movie
to play, it seems like the windows media format is not being bound to
the plugin.

So, I'd appreciate some help on getting this to work, and on deciding
whether this is a good naming strategy for the packages. Do we want them
split, even? I've commited the code to SVN, we can revert the changes if
needed.

Anyone against building totem with gstreamer 0.10, too? If that's way to
go I'll prepare a new upload for that (it fixes video sink
detection-related bugs (329349, 351827, possibly more)).

See you,

--
[hidden email]: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian:  <http://www.debian.org>  *  <http://www.debian-br.org>

Re: Totem "xulrunner" plugin and building with gstreamer 0.10

Sebastien Bacher-2
Le jeudi 09 mars 2006 à 21:55 -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva a écrit :

> Anyone against building totem with gstreamer 0.10, too? If that's way to
> go I'll prepare a new upload for that (it fixes video sink
> detection-related bugs (329349, 351827, possibly more)).

I've planned to sync totem with Ubuntu and look on that but I'm pretty
busy with work at the moment so it'll probably wait after the new GNOME

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher