Quantcast

Touchpad on the Dell Latitude e6520

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Touchpad on the Dell Latitude e6520

Alexander Reichle-Schmehl-2
Hi!

I recently got a Dell Latitude e6520 notebook, and while Debian wheezy
works in general, I have some trouble with the touchpad. It works
(inkludign tapping), but scroling doesn't.  Reading
http://wiki.debian.org/SynapticsTouchpad didn't helped me solve my
problems.

Looking and lsusb I see the following, but I'm not sure, which of them
is my touchpad:

$ lsusb|egrep -v "[hH]ub|[Bb]luetooth"
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1bcf:2802 Sunplus Innovation Technology Inc.
Bus 002 Device 007: ID 413c:818d Dell Computer Corp.
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0a5c:5800 Broadcom Corp. BCM5880 Secure Applications Processor


/proc/bus/input/devices says the following:

I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0002 Product=0001 Version=0000
N: Name="PS/2 Generic Mouse"
P: Phys=isa0060/serio1/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input7
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=mouse0 event7
B: PROP=0
B: EV=7
B: KEY=70000 0 0 0 0
B: REL=3


And "grep -i mouse /var/log/Xorg.0.log" results in the following:

[    45.318] (==) intel(0): Silken mouse enabled
[    49.190] (II) config/udev: Adding input device PS/2 Generic Mouse (/dev/input/event7)
[    49.190] (**) PS/2 Generic Mouse: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"
[    49.190] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'PS/2 Generic Mouse'
[    49.190] (**) PS/2 Generic Mouse: always reports core events
[    49.190] (**) PS/2 Generic Mouse: Device: "/dev/input/event7"
[    49.190] (--) PS/2 Generic Mouse: Found 3 mouse buttons
[    49.190] (--) PS/2 Generic Mouse: Found relative axes
[    49.190] (--) PS/2 Generic Mouse: Found x and y relative axes
[    49.190] (II) PS/2 Generic Mouse: Configuring as mouse
[    49.190] (**) PS/2 Generic Mouse: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[    49.190] (**) PS/2 Generic Mouse: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
[    49.190] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "PS/2 Generic Mouse" (type: MOUSE)
[    49.190] (II) PS/2 Generic Mouse: initialized for relative axes.
[    49.190] (**) PS/2 Generic Mouse: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[    49.190] (**) PS/2 Generic Mouse: (accel) acceleration profile 0
[    49.190] (**) PS/2 Generic Mouse: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[    49.190] (**) PS/2 Generic Mouse: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[    49.190] (II) config/udev: Adding input device PS/2 Generic Mouse (/dev/input/mouse0)


So any Ideas, what I can do do activate scrolling (on the right edge of
the touchpad)?


Best Regards,
  Alexander


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20110921083802.GF17742@...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Touchpad on the Dell Latitude e6520

Andrey Rahmatullin
On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 10:38:02AM +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> I recently got a Dell Latitude e6520 notebook, and while Debian wheezy
> works in general, I have some trouble with the touchpad. It works
> (inkludign tapping), but scroling doesn't.  Reading
> http://wiki.debian.org/SynapticsTouchpad didn't helped me solve my
> problems.
>
> Looking and lsusb I see the following, but I'm not sure, which of them
> is my touchpad:
It's PS/2, not USB.
What does dmesg say about it?

> So any Ideas, what I can do do activate scrolling (on the right edge of
> the touchpad)?
Is VertEdgeScroll synaptics option enabled?

--
WBR, wRAR

signature.asc (853 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Touchpad on the Dell Latitude e6520

Jörg-Volker Peetz-3
Andrey Rahmatullin wrote, on 09/21/11 11:54:

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 10:38:02AM +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
>> I recently got a Dell Latitude e6520 notebook, and while Debian wheezy
>> works in general, I have some trouble with the touchpad. It works
>> (inkludign tapping), but scroling doesn't.  Reading
>> http://wiki.debian.org/SynapticsTouchpad didn't helped me solve my
>> problems.
>>
>> Looking and lsusb I see the following, but I'm not sure, which of them
>> is my touchpad:
> It's PS/2, not USB.
> What does dmesg say about it?
>
>> So any Ideas, what I can do do activate scrolling (on the right edge of
>> the touchpad)?
> Is VertEdgeScroll synaptics option enabled?
>
Additionally, search the kernel config for "MOUSE_PS2_".
--
Best regards,
Jörg-Volker.



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/j5vmvm$kd9$1@...

Loading...