Troubles installing digimend-kernel-drivers for my tablet display

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Troubles installing digimend-kernel-drivers for my tablet display

stuv
Hi everyone,


i recently used the latest stable debian and with the old stable it
worked normaly. But now i've installed buster and i get the following
error message:


Warning: modules_install: missing 'System.map' file. Skipping depmod.


I hope someone here can help me with my issue so i get my tablet display
working - i need it for work and i don't want to use windows ..


best regards,

Steven Truppe

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Troubles installing digimend-kernel-drivers for my tablet display

stuv
https://github.com/DIGImend/digimend-kernel-drivers

On 18.08.19 15:34, Steven Truppe wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
>
> i recently used the latest stable debian and with the old stable it
> worked normaly. But now i've installed buster and i get the following
> error message:
>
>
> Warning: modules_install: missing 'System.map' file. Skipping depmod.
>
>
> I hope someone here can help me with my issue so i get my tablet display
> working - i need it for work and i don't want to use windows ..
>
>
> best regards,
>
> Steven Truppe
>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Troubles installing digimend-kernel-drivers for my tablet display

stuv

Here the complete error output:


make -C /lib/modules/4.19.0-5-amd64/build SUBDIRS=/media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers modules_install
make[1]: Verzeichnis „/usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.0-5-amd64“ wird betreten
  INSTALL /media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers/hid-kye.ko
  INSTALL /media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers/hid-polostar.ko
  INSTALL /media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers/hid-uclogic.ko
  INSTALL /media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers/hid-viewsonic.ko
  DEPMOD  4.19.0-5-amd64
Warning: modules_install: missing 'System.map' file. Skipping depmod.
make[1]: Verzeichnis „/usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.0-5-amd64“ wird verlassen
install -D -m 0755 hid-rebind /lib/udev/hid-rebind
install -D -m 0644 udev.rules /lib/udev/rules.d/90-digimend.rules
install -D -m 0644 depmod.conf /etc/depmod.d/digimend.conf
install -D -m 0644 xorg.conf /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-digimend.conf
udevadm control --reload
depmod -a




On 18.08.19 19:19, Steven Truppe wrote:
https://github.com/DIGImend/digimend-kernel-drivers

On 18.08.19 15:34, Steven Truppe wrote:
Hi everyone,


i recently used the latest stable debian and with the old stable it
worked normaly. But now i've installed buster and i get the following
error message:


Warning: modules_install: missing 'System.map' file. Skipping depmod.


I hope someone here can help me with my issue so i get my tablet display
working - i need it for work and i don't want to use windows ..


best regards,

Steven Truppe




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Troubles installing digimend-kernel-drivers for my tablet display

Elimar Riesebieter
* Steven Truppe <[hidden email]> [2019-08-19 00:13 +0200]:

> Here the complete error output:
>
>
> make -C /lib/modules/4.19.0-5-amd64/build SUBDIRS=/media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers modules_install
>
> make[1]: Verzeichnis „/usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.0-5-amd64“ wird betreten
>
>   INSTALL /media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers/hid-kye.ko
>
>   INSTALL /media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers/hid-polostar.ko
>
>   INSTALL /media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers/hid-uclogic.ko
>
>   INSTALL /media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers/hid-viewsonic.ko
>
>   DEPMOD  4.19.0-5-amd64
>
> Warning: modules_install: missing 'System.map' file. Skipping depmod.

Ich hoffe Du verstehst die deutsche Sprache, die hier auf dieser
Liste üblich ist:

Was gibt denn der Befehl:

$ ls -al /boot

auf Deinem System aus?

Elimar
--
  Learned men are the cisterns of knowledge,
  not the fountainheads ;-)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Troubles installing digimend-kernel-drivers for my tablet display

stuv
Hier die Ausgabe:

insgesamt 43572
drwxr-xr-x  4 root root     4096 Aug 14 23:11 .
drwxr-xr-x 19 root root     4096 Aug  3 14:39 ..
-rw-r--r--  1 root root   206212 Aug  8 04:02 config-4.19.0-5-amd64
drwx------  3 root root     4096 Jän  1  1970 efi
drwxr-xr-x  5 root root     4096 Aug 14 23:11 grub
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 35802171 Aug 14 23:11 initrd.img-4.19.0-5-amd64
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  3370904 Aug  8 04:02 System.map-4.19.0-5-amd64
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  5217520 Aug  8 04:02 vmlinuz-4.19.0-5-amd64

On 19.08.19 13:38, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

> * Steven Truppe <[hidden email]> [2019-08-19 00:13 +0200]:
>
>> Here the complete error output:
>>
>>
>> make -C /lib/modules/4.19.0-5-amd64/build SUBDIRS=/media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers modules_install
>>
>> make[1]: Verzeichnis „/usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.0-5-amd64“ wird betreten
>>
>>    INSTALL /media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers/hid-kye.ko
>>
>>    INSTALL /media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers/hid-polostar.ko
>>
>>    INSTALL /media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers/hid-uclogic.ko
>>
>>    INSTALL /media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers/hid-viewsonic.ko
>>
>>    DEPMOD  4.19.0-5-amd64
>>
>> Warning: modules_install: missing 'System.map' file. Skipping depmod.
> Ich hoffe Du verstehst die deutsche Sprache, die hier auf dieser
> Liste üblich ist:
>
> Was gibt denn der Befehl:
>
> $ ls -al /boot
>
> auf Deinem System aus?
>
> Elimar

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Troubles installing digimend-kernel-drivers for my tablet display

stuv
I got it working, no idea how but it works now. Ty.


The only problem i have is with the pxconf tool, i get the error message:

ImportError: No module named appindicator

They say i've to install the package python-appindicator but that's not
available for buster... what can i do about that ?


On 20.08.19 19:41, Steven Truppe wrote:

> Hier die Ausgabe:
>
> insgesamt 43572
> drwxr-xr-x  4 root root     4096 Aug 14 23:11 .
> drwxr-xr-x 19 root root     4096 Aug  3 14:39 ..
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root   206212 Aug  8 04:02 config-4.19.0-5-amd64
> drwx------  3 root root     4096 Jän  1  1970 efi
> drwxr-xr-x  5 root root     4096 Aug 14 23:11 grub
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root 35802171 Aug 14 23:11 initrd.img-4.19.0-5-amd64
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root  3370904 Aug  8 04:02 System.map-4.19.0-5-amd64
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root  5217520 Aug  8 04:02 vmlinuz-4.19.0-5-amd64
>
> On 19.08.19 13:38, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
>> * Steven Truppe <[hidden email]> [2019-08-19 00:13 +0200]:
>>
>>> Here the complete error output:
>>>
>>>
>>> make -C /lib/modules/4.19.0-5-amd64/build
>>> SUBDIRS=/media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers
>>> modules_install
>>>
>>> make[1]: Verzeichnis „/usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.0-5-amd64“ wird
>>> betreten
>>>
>>>    INSTALL
>>> /media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers/hid-kye.ko
>>>
>>>    INSTALL
>>> /media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers/hid-polostar.ko
>>>
>>>
>>>    INSTALL
>>> /media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers/hid-uclogic.ko
>>>
>>>    INSTALL
>>> /media/stuv/linux-projects/build/digimend-kernel-drivers/hid-viewsonic.ko
>>>
>>>    DEPMOD  4.19.0-5-amd64
>>>
>>> Warning: modules_install: missing 'System.map' file. Skipping depmod.
>> Ich hoffe Du verstehst die deutsche Sprache, die hier auf dieser
>> Liste üblich ist:
>>
>> Was gibt denn der Befehl:
>>
>> $ ls -al /boot
>>
>> auf Deinem System aus?
>>
>> Elimar
>
>