Tunnelling oneself?

Panarchy
Hello

I'm unsure if this is possible.

Can I tunnel from me to me?

(with encryption)

If not, is there anther way I can encrypt everything that comes out of
my computer (without having a tunnel)

???

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Panarchy

PS: I can use any Operating System for this, as long as it supports my
Dell 700m :D

Re: Tunnelling oneself?

Stanislav Maslovski-2
On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 22:29 +1000, Chip Panarchy wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm unsure if this is possible.
>
> Can I tunnel from me to me?

You can in principle, but what is the benefit?

> (with encryption)
>
> If not, is there anther way I can encrypt everything that comes out of
> my computer (without having a tunnel)

In simple words, if you encrypt everything that comes out of your
computer then normally only the persons (or computers) with whom you
somehow exchanged the keys will be able to decrypt it. This means that
your connectivity will be limited.

> Thanks in advance for any advice,

If you want to protect from a local sniffing attack than you could for
instance establish an encrypted tunnel to a trusted computer on a
trusted network and route all network traffic trough this tunnel. The
computer on the trusted network would serve as a router in this case.

--
Stanislav