Udev rule help

Jeremy Nickurak
I have a usb keyboard (Logitech Elite) that has a mouse component (scroll wheel + additional buttons), and i'm trying to create persistant evdev event nodes for the two devices. the problem is that they differ by their bInterfaceNumber SYSFS property, which is on a different SYSFS level than properties that identify the device by vendor & model.

I have the udevinfo output for the 2 devices on http://achenar.rifetech.com/~atrus/logielite.txt , or just the differences here, if it's helpful: http://achenar.rifetech.com/~atrus/logielite-diff.txt

Any help would be appreciated.

Please CC me in replies, thank you.

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/Jabber: [hidden email] =-

Re: Udev rule help

Roberto C. Sanchez
Jeremy Nickurak wrote:
> I have a usb keyboard (Logitech Elite) that has a mouse component (scroll wheel + additional buttons), and i'm trying to create persistant evdev event nodes for the two devices. the problem is that they differ by their bInterfaceNumber SYSFS property, which is on a different SYSFS level than properties that identify the device by vendor & model.
>
> I have the udevinfo output for the 2 devices on http://achenar.rifetech.com/~atrus/logielite.txt , or just the differences here, if it's helpful: http://achenar.rifetech.com/~atrus/logielite-diff.txt
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Please CC me in replies, thank you.

Have you check this out?

http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto

Re: Udev rule help

Jeremy Nickurak-4

Re: Udev rule help

Rob Sims-5
On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 10:32:39PM -0600, Jeremy Nickurak wrote:
> Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > Have you check this out?
> >
> > http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html
> >
> I have. The problem is that the set of information required to
> uniquely identify these devices spans two SYSFS levels, and according
> to that document, I can only match on one level per rule. I have tried
> it this way anyways, and failed.

KERNEL=="event*" SYSFS{bInterfaceProtocol}=="01" SYSFS{bInterfaceSubClass}=="01" SYSFS{bInterfaceClass}=="03" SYSFS{bNumEndpoints}=="01" SYSFS{bAlternateSetting}==" 0" SYSFS{bInterfaceNumber}=="00" SYMLINK+="input/event_kbd"
KERNEL=="event*" SYSFS{bInterfaceProtocol}=="02" SYSFS{bInterfaceSubClass}=="01" SYSFS{bInterfaceClass}=="03" SYSFS{bNumEndpoints}=="01" SYSFS{bAlternateSetting}==" 0" SYSFS{bInterfaceNumber}=="01" SYMLINK+="input/event_mouse"

Probably overspecified, but it works for me.
--
Rob