Quantcast

Unable to connect service=udd

hassaan afridi
Dear Debain Team
I am trying to connect UDD through python by using connection string:
conn = psycopg2.connect("service=udd")

I am getting error "psycopg2.OperationalError: definition of service
udd not found"

Do I need to add something else?

Regards,
Hassaan Afridi

Re: Unable to connect service=udd

Mattia Rizzolo-5
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 09:19:09PM +0200, hassaan afridi wrote:

> I am trying to connect UDD through python by using connection string:
>
> conn = psycopg2.connect("service=udd")
>

> I am getting error "*psycopg2.OperationalError: definition of service *
>
> *udd not found*"
>

> Do I need to add something else?
Well, from *where* are you running that command?
For it to work you'd need to define that udd service in postgres'
configuration; several debian.org hosts has it, but I guess you are not
running it from a *.debian.org host.
Besides, UDD is not a public facing postgres server, so you can connect
via postgres to udd.debian.org (bug you could use udd-mirror.debian.net
for that).

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

GPG Key: 66AE 2B4A FCCF 3F52 DA18  4D18 4B04 3FCD B944 4540      .''`.
more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :
Launchpad user: https://launchpad.net/~mapreri                  `. `'`
Debian QA page: https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=mattia  `-

Re: Unable to connect service=udd

hassaan afridi
No, I am not using any hosts. I am new to this postgres and debian, working on Master thesis.

Can you please tell me the udd-mirror.debian.net hosts configuration?

And if I want to access debian.org hosts, how can I get the access to it?

Regards
Hassaan Afridi

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 9:42 PM, Mattia Rizzolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 09:19:09PM +0200, hassaan afridi wrote:
> I am trying to connect UDD through python by using connection string:
>
> conn = psycopg2.connect("service=udd")
>

> I am getting error "*psycopg2.OperationalError: definition of service *
>
> *udd not found*"
>

> Do I need to add something else?

Well, from *where* are you running that command?
For it to work you'd need to define that udd service in postgres'
configuration; several debian.org hosts has it, but I guess you are not
running it from a *.debian.org host.
Besides, UDD is not a public facing postgres server, so you can connect
via postgres to udd.debian.org (bug you could use udd-mirror.debian.net
for that).

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

GPG Key: 66AE 2B4A FCCF 3F52 DA18  4D18 4B04 3FCD B944 4540      .''`.
more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :
Launchpad user: https://launchpad.net/~mapreri                  `. `'`
Debian QA page: https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=mattia  `-

Re: Unable to connect service=udd

Paul Wise via nm
On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 1:51 AM, hassaan afridi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can you please tell me the udd-mirror.debian.net hosts configuration?

Configuration for accessing the public UDD mirror is listed here:

https://udd-mirror.debian.net/

> And if I want to access debian.org hosts, how can I get the access to it?

This is reserved for Debian members, to become a member you have to
first have a history of contributing to Debian.

https://nm.debian.org/
https://contributors.debian.org/

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Re: Unable to connect service=udd

hassaan afridi
Hi Pabs,

Thank you for the reply.

I am able to connect the udd-mirror.debian.net  hosts.

Please can you confirm me that data in debian.org and data in udd-mirror.debian.net is same?

Regards
Hassaan Afridi

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 06:32:15PM +0200, hassaan afridi wrote:
> I am able to connect the udd-mirror.debian.net  hosts.

cool.

> Please can you confirm me that data in debian.org and data in
> udd-mirror.debian.net is same?

udd-mirror syncs hourly with udd.debian.org, which exports a dump of
itself every 4 hours, iirc.

So yes, the data is the same¹

¹ except that udd.debian.org also has some private tables normally not
  accessile (you need to connect wiht a special user to see them, etc)
  which are of course not exported (they contain some relatively private
  stuff).