This is a major update with a list of new features and enhancements.
Internationalization and Character information:
* Revamped smart quotes feature.
* Revised Quotes menu according to investigations of international styles.
* Supporting opening quotation mark repetition for new paragraphs.
* Automatic French quotation marks spacing.
* Primary/alternate styles controlled by locale environment or option.
* Tuned special title casing (Shift-F3) e.g. for Dutch "IJsselmeer".
* Updated to Unicode 6.3.
* File tabs and file name tab titles for quick file selection and browsing.
* Revamped rectangular text selection.
* Toggle with Alt-mouse-move during click-and-drag.
* Consistent selection to mouse position (even on shorter lines)
including shifted lines.
* Revamped and enhanced HTML and scripting highlighting.
* Distinct highlighting for HTML/XML/JSP attributes and values.
* TAB width 2 enabled in addition to 4 or 8.
* Smarter clipboard pasting (cygwin/Windows).
* Enhanced user configuration features.
* Preferences specific for file name pattern or terminal type.
* Consistent handling of preferences when editing multiple files.
* Added cursor style setting preference.
* File handling: Various pipe handling fixes.
* File handling: Detecting "quota exceeded" write error.
* Case conversion function fixes.
* Handling search expressions with ^M or \r.
* Keyboard: Ctrl-Backarrow again deleting only one character.
* Fixed some menu handling cases.
* Fixed input of typographic apostrophe in some cases.
* Made file basename visible in long prompt lines.
* HTML highlighting cases, especially after insert.
Mined is a powerful text editor with a comprehensive yet concise and
easy-to-use user interface supporting modern interaction paradigms,
and fast, small-footprint behaviour.
Mined provides both extensive Unicode and CJK support offering many
specific features and covering special cases that other editors
are not aware of (like auto-detection features and automatic handling
of terminal variations, or Han character information).
Mined supports full mouse control and menu system in plain-text terminals
(and it was the first editor supporting Unicode in xterm).
Mined offers a full set of text and file management features, like
data loss prevention (<img align=absmiddle src=new.gif title=2011.19>
using backup, recovery files, and file locking
interoperable with other editors, and file change monitoring),
an interactive file chooser, and
an interactive file switcher.
Basically, mined is an editor tailored to reliable and efficient
editing of plain text documents and programs, with comfortable
features and intuitive interactive behaviour designed for this purpose.