* Transparent editing of encrypted files.
Using filters configurable by file type (configured in $HOME/.minedrc).
* Configurable appearance of menu background (in $HOME/.minedrc).
* EBCDIC support ("bracket" codepage CP1047 as used by z/OS USS).
Further exposed enhancements in this release:
* Enhanced auto-indentation, bullet list and numbered list support.
* Enhanced smart spaces/dashes/arrows/minus.
* Revised flag menus and header line.
* Enhanced double-click and focus-then-click handling.
* CUPS printer selection.
Character handling support:
* Configurable character information in status line ($HOME/.minedrc).
* Additional character transformation support for Italian, East European, Tatar, Bashkir.
* Character information includes Unicode named sequences and spacing combined status.
* Support for ISO 8859/EBCDIC Next Line character (NL U+0085).
Character encoding support:
* Option -E disables text encoding auto-detection, using locale instead.
* Updated some character encoding tables according to libiconv 1.14.
Added some character encodings.
* Dropped the bogus idea of merging JIS X 0213 and EUC-JP code tables.
Offering EUC-JP and EUC-JIS X 0213, and their Shift_JIS counterparts.
* Handling directory access failure when opening menu.
* Enhanced disk file modification or replacement detection.
* Additional mechanisms to prevent data loss in case of file I/O errors.
Interworking / Interoperability:
* Using new features of xterm 280 to finally achieve the distinction
between all (modified) keypad keys.
* Preventing editing screen from being spoiled by other processes.
* Adusting menu colours to detected terminal colours.
* Mouse handling workaround for rxvt-unicode quirks and cygwin console
* Workarounds for query problems with mlterm, old xterm, cygwin console,
* Revamped CJK terminal features and fixed some width handling cases.
* DOS versions (djgpp, Turbo-C): Fixed Ctrl-space, ^R, ^C.
* Fixed handling of interrupts while reading file.
* Fixed new unnamed UTF-16 text to actually be saved as UTF-16.
* Fixed text encoding auto-detection on unsigned char platforms (since 2000.14).
* Fixed pasting invalid UTF-8 as digit '8' in non-UTF-8 text.
Mined is a powerful text editor with a comprehensive yet concise and
easy-to-use user interface supporting modern interaction paradigms,
and fast, small-footprint behaviour.
Mined provides both extensive Unicode and CJK support offering many
specific features and covering special cases that other editors
are not aware of (like auto-detection features and automatic handling
of terminal variations, or Han character information).
Mined supports full mouse control and menu system in plain-text terminals
(and it was the first editor supporting Unicode in xterm).
Mined offers a full set of text and file management features, like
data loss prevention (using backup, recovery files, and file locking
interoperable with other editors, and file change monitoring),
an interactive file chooser, and an interactive file switcher.
Basically, mined is an editor tailored to reliable and efficient
editing of plain text documents and programs, with comfortable
features and intuitive interactive behaviour designed for this purpose.