Unmount usb stick

Cesare Leonardi
Hi all.

Since some days i've noted (updated Debian Sid) that when i right-click
on a usb stick icon and select "Unmount volume", the icon disappear
immediately but the unmount progress window doesn't appear and the
device is still mounted for some seconds.
So the problem exposed in bug #367836 is reappeared and to be sure to
not corrupt anything i poll the device in a terminal window using mount
to wait it to disappear.

Is the window that shows the unmounting progress lost somewhere?
Or, to be sure that i haven't purged something by mistake, what is the
package name that it belongs to?

Regards.

Cesare.

Re: Unmount usb stick

Andrea Vettorello
On 5/5/07, Cesare Leonardi <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

> Is the window that shows the unmounting progress lost somewhere?
> Or, to be sure that i haven't purged something by mistake, what is the
> package name that it belongs to?

Seems that now it's used a different dialog, looks like the Gnome
notify infrastructure (correct me if i'm wrong). I think you need at
least "libnotify1" and "gnome-mount"...

--
Andrea

Re: Unmount usb stick

Cesare Leonardi-3
Andrea Vettorello wrote:
> Seems that now it's used a different dialog, looks like the Gnome
> notify infrastructure (correct me if i'm wrong). I think you need at
> least "libnotify1" and "gnome-mount"...

On my system libnotify1 and gnome-mount are already installed.
I don't know if there is something that i need, but in that case there
are some dependencies missing.

Regards.

Cesare.