Upcoming oldstable point release (9.10)

Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Upcoming oldstable point release (9.10)

Adam D. Barratt
Hi,

The next point release for "stretch" (9.10) is scheduled for Saturday,
September 7th. Processing of new uploads into stretch-proposed-updates
will be frozen during the preceding weekend.

Regards,

Adam

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Upcoming oldstable point release (9.10)

Adam D. Barratt
On Wed, 2019-07-31 at 21:08 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> The next point release for "stretch" (9.10) is scheduled for
> Saturday, September 7th. Processing of new uploads into stretch-
> proposed- updates will be frozen during the preceding weekend.

The archive side of the point release has now finished, and an extra
mirror update is in progress, so packages should start appearing on
mirrors in the next couple of hours or so.

Regards,

Adam

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Upcoming oldstable point release (9.10)

Adam D. Barratt
On Sat, 2019-09-07 at 13:23 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Wed, 2019-07-31 at 21:08 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > The next point release for "stretch" (9.10) is scheduled for
> > Saturday, September 7th. Processing of new uploads into stretch-
> > proposed- updates will be frozen during the preceding weekend.
>
> The archive side of the point release has now finished, and an extra
> mirror update is in progress, so packages should start appearing on
> mirrors in the next couple of hours or so.

Unfortunately it looks like a show-stopper bug in the new stretch
installer has been found during testing, so there's likely to be a 9.11
release in the very near future.

Regards,

Adam

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Upcoming oldstable point release (9.10)

Adam D. Barratt
On Sun, 2019-09-08 at 12:12 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:

> On Sat, 2019-09-07 at 13:23 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > On Wed, 2019-07-31 at 21:08 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > > The next point release for "stretch" (9.10) is scheduled for
> > > Saturday, September 7th. Processing of new uploads into stretch-
> > > proposed- updates will be frozen during the preceding weekend.
> >
> > The archive side of the point release has now finished, and an
> > extra
> > mirror update is in progress, so packages should start appearing on
> > mirrors in the next couple of hours or so.
>
> Unfortunately it looks like a show-stopper bug in the new stretch
> installer has been found during testing, so there's likely to be a
> 9.11 release in the very near future.
>

There was, and it's now on its way to the mirrors.

Regards,

Adam