Updating/completing Turkish language templates for the Debian website

Updating/completing Turkish language templates for the Debian website

Laura Arjona Reina-4
Hello all
I've updated the Turkish language templates for the Debian website and
I'm planning to do small updates/completions, the easy ones, with help
of Vikipedi and the Debian Turkish compendia [1] loaded in my POedit as
Translation Memory.

[1] https://i18n.debian.org/compendia/tr/

For example, I've completed the countries.tr.po file translating the
remaining countries (checked the names with the Turkish Vikipedi):

https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/commit/622bf6a3daba1eac6cd89cda70ce38c6ac08e211

I'll send mails here as replies to this one, with the updated files and
the corresponding diff for the case anybody wants to review and I do
some mistake.

If anybody is interested in translating parts of the Debian website,
please contact, we can work together (for example if the translator does
not want to care about the po/wml formatting, they can provide the plain
text and I can edit the files and commit, or whatever).

Kind regards,
--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona

Updated: countries.tr.po for the Debian website

Laura Arjona Reina-4
Hello again

I have updated the file countries.tr.po for the Debian website. I'm
attaching the updated file and the diff.

I have committed the changes:
https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/commit/622bf6a3daba1eac6cd89cda70ce38c6ac08e211

If there are any corrections, just tell and I'll update again as soon as
possible.

Kind regards,

--

--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona

countries.tr.po.diff (1K) Download Attachment
countries.tr.mo (6K) Download Attachment

Updated: consultants.tr.po for the Debian website

Laura Arjona Reina-4
Hello again

I have updated the file consultants.tr.po for the Debian website. I'm
attaching the updated file and the diff. It was only translating
"Contact:" and I've used "İletişim:".

I have committed the changes:
https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/commit/3a01ec54633fae80ae4811797f728d282add3da4

--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona

consultants.tr.po.diff (1K) Download Attachment
consultants.tr.po (2K) Download Attachment

Updated: ports.tr.po for the Debian website

Laura Arjona Reina-4
Hello

I have updated the file ports.tr.po for the Debian website. I'm
attaching the updated file and the diff.

It was only one string (Configuration -> Yapılandırma) but Poedit added
some formatting changes.

I have committed the changes:
https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/commit/b8adc70cc5e62e6fd7e99e05caa55a75a311b12b

--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona

ports.tr.po.diff (3K) Download Attachment
ports.tr.po (6K) Download Attachment

[RFR] Updating security.tr.po for the Debian website

Laura Arjona Reina-4
Hello all

This file only has one remaining string, this is my proposal:

için dahil

I'm attaching the updated file and the diff, but I still didn't commit
the changes.

If there are no corrections in the next days, I plan to commit the
changes one week later (25 Ocak 2019).

Kind regards,

--

--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona

security.tr.po.diff (1K) Download Attachment
security.tr.po (4K) Download Attachment

Updated: cdimage.tr.po for the Debian website

Laura Arjona Reina-4
Hello

I have updated the file cdimage.tr.po for the Debian website. I'm

https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/commit/36413820976562df9f7fdb3ff445418b22178f37

--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona

cdimage.tr.po.diff (1K) Download Attachment
cdimage.tr.po (4K) Download Attachment

Updated: vendors.tr.po for the Debian website

Laura Arjona Reina-4
Hello

I have updated the file vendors.tr.po for the Debian website. I'm

https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/commit/7665223ed1f20d8ddf33f536923cff47bf9a5a9d

--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona

vendors.tr.po.diff (2K) Download Attachment
vendors.tr.po (3K) Download Attachment

Updated: distrib.tr.po for the Debian website

Laura Arjona Reina-4
Hello

I have updated the file distrib.tr.po for the Debian website. I'm

https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/commit/1c55d902cebd3d36c48fb81888f34354a9c83dc5

--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona

distrib.tr.po.diff (3K) Download Attachment
distrib.tr.po (6K) Download Attachment

Re: [RFR] Updating security.tr.po for the Debian website

Omer Ozarslan
Forgot to add cc for mail list.

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 1:37 PM Omer Ozarslan <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 5:30 PM Laura Arjona Reina <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all

This file only has one remaining string, this is my proposal:

için dahil

Hi Laura,

"Gelecek kuşaklar için" literally translates to "for future generations", making the intended meaning ambiguous a little bit. I propose this if it's okay to translate it to something with a close but slightly different literal meaning:

literally translating to:

except that it sounds more natural in Turkish.

> I'll send mails here as replies to this one, with the updated files and
> the corresponding diff for the case anybody wants to review and I do
> some mistake.

I went through rest of your recent commits tagged as Turkish on salsa (up to 1c55d902). They all look good to me. Thanks for your efforts.

Best,
Omer