Upload «debian-installer» translations

Camaleón
Hello,

I first posted on the Spanish mailing list but nobody replied.

It seems there were some changes the way translation of debian-installer
PO files are being handled¹.

IIRC, Debian robot was being used in first stage (ITT, RFR, and so
on...)  but now it seems there are two ways for managing the files
updates:

- Salsa
- Weblate

Both systems need an account to be able to upload these files but I do
not have an account (neither I want to take the responsibility of
uploading files to Debian servers and doing commits).

Questions are:

1. Is the robot still being used to handle these files or now everybody
can edit the PO files without needing to tell other translators they are
working on it?

2. How can a I update a PO file with no account?

¹ https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/installation-guide/-/tree/master/po/es

Camaleón

Re: Upload «debian-installer» translations

Andrei POPESCU-2
[Cc: as I'm not sure you are subscribed to -i18n, sorry if this is the
case]

On Vi, 08 mai 20, 16:14:57, Camaleón wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I first posted on the Spanish mailing list but nobody replied.
>
> It seems there were some changes the way translation of debian-installer
> PO files are being handled¹.
>
> IIRC, Debian robot was being used in first stage (ITT, RFR, and so
> on...)  but now it seems there are two ways for managing the files
> updates:
>
> - Salsa
> - Weblate
>
> Both systems need an account to be able to upload these files but I do
> not have an account (neither I want to take the responsibility of
> uploading files to Debian servers and doing commits).
>
> Questions are:
>
> 1. Is the robot still being used to handle these files or now everybody
> can edit the PO files without needing to tell other translators they are
> working on it?
Unless I missed something the robot's purpose was coordination only. The
.po files still needed to be uploaded by someone with commit access.

> 2. How can a I update a PO file with no account?
>
> ¹ https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/installation-guide/-/tree/master/po/es

The classic method is to send the .po file attached to a wishlist bug
report against the corresponding package (in this case probably
'debian-installer', Cc: -boot for confirmation).

Kind regards,
Andrei

On Vi, 08 mai 20, 17:27:13, Holger Wansing wrote:

> Andrei POPESCU <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On Vi, 08 mai 20, 16:14:57, Camaleón wrote:
> >
> > > 2. How can a I update a PO file with no account?
> > >
> > > ¹ https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/installation-guide/-/tree/master/po/es
> >
> > The classic method is to send the .po file attached to a wishlist bug
> > report against the corresponding package (in this case probably
> > 'debian-installer', Cc: -boot for confirmation).
>
> Yes, that would work ('installation-guide' would be the correct package).
Right, got confused by the subject ;)

Kind regards,
Andrei

Re: Upload «debian-installer» translations

Laura Arjona Reina-4
Hi all

El 8/5/20 a las 17:27, Holger Wansing escribió:

> Hi,
>
> Andrei POPESCU <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> [Cc: as I'm not sure you are subscribed to -i18n, sorry if this is the
>> case]
>>
>> On Vi, 08 mai 20, 16:14:57, Camaleón wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I first posted on the Spanish mailing list but nobody replied.

Apologies, I'm a bit lost in these kind of translations and couldn't
find the time to get myself up-to-date about how things work :/

>>> 2. How can a I update a PO file with no account?
>>>
>>> ¹ https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/installation-guide/-/tree/master/po/es
>>
>> The classic method is to send the .po file attached to a wishlist bug
>> report against the corresponding package (in this case probably
>> 'debian-installer', Cc: -boot for confirmation).
>
> Yes, that would work ('installation-guide' would be the correct package).

Camaleón filed the bug correctly according to that instructions, but now
we're getting this error when the BTS spider runs (every hour):

/srv/i18n.debian.org/etc/cron.hourly//spiderbts:
Warning: #960085 filled against installation-guide (source:
installation-guide) but manual is in the database
/srv/i18n.debian.org//dl10n/git/../data/spiderbts/data/tmp

Is this an issue that we should fix in the spider, or the bug should be
filed against a different package name?

Kind regards,
--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona

Re: Upload «debian-installer» translations

Holger Wansing-4
Hi,

Am Samstag, 9. Mai 2020 schrieb Laura Arjona Reina:

> Hi all
>
> El 8/5/20 a las 17:27, Holger Wansing escribió:
> > Hi,

> >> The classic method is to send the .po file attached to a wishlist bug
> >> report against the corresponding package (in this case probably
> >> 'debian-installer', Cc: -boot for confirmation).
> >
> > Yes, that would work ('installation-guide' would be the correct package).
>
> Camaleón filed the bug correctly according to that instructions, but now
> we're getting this error when the BTS spider runs (every hour):
>
> /srv/i18n.debian.org/etc/cron.hourly//spiderbts:
> Warning: #960085 filled against installation-guide (source:
> installation-guide) but manual is in the database
> /srv/i18n.debian.org//dl10n/git/../data/spiderbts/data/tmp
>
> Is this an issue that we should fix in the spider, or the bug should be
> filed against a different package name?

There is no other package name, "installation-guide" is the only
correct one.
"manual" is a relict from past times, which are over long ago.
So I assume this is an outdated-spider-config issue.
Maybe there was no translator, which has used the spider
for installation-guide translations, for years?

Holger

--
Sent from my Jolla phone
http://www.jolla.com/