Verbose mvn output ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Verbose mvn output ?

Mathieu Malaterre-4
Hi there,

What do I need to tweak to get a verbose mvn output in:

https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/fop/blob/wip-2.3/debian/rules

Currently it fails with a mysterious:

...
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.0:compile
(default-compile) on project fop-events: Compilation failure:
Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/tools/EventProducerCollector.java:[34,28]
error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR]   symbol:   class JavaDocBuilder
[ERROR]   location: package com.thoughtworks.qdox
...

Thanks

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Verbose mvn output ?

Markus Koschany-2
Am 09.11.18 um 15:48 schrieb Mathieu Malaterre:
> Hi there,
>
> What do I need to tweak to get a verbose mvn output in:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/fop/blob/wip-2.3/debian/rules

You can override dh_auto_build like that

override_dh_auto_build:
     dh_auto_build -- -X package




signature.asc (981 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Verbose mvn output ?

Emmanuel Bourg-3
In reply to this post by Mathieu Malaterre-4
Hi Mathieu,

Le 09/11/2018 à 15:48, Mathieu Malaterre a écrit :

> What do I need to tweak to get a verbose mvn output in:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/fop/blob/wip-2.3/debian/rules

Maven has a '-X/--debug' option to enable a very verbose mode. You can
enable it by adding this to debian/rules:

  override_dh_auto_build:
        dh_auto_build -X package -DskipTests

That won't give you more detailed javac error messages though. But at
least you'll see the javac options and the full classpath used to
compile the code.


> Currently it fails with a mysterious:
>
> ...
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.0:compile
> (default-compile) on project fop-events: Compilation failure:
> Compilation failure:
> [ERROR] /home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/tools/EventProducerCollector.java:[34,28]
> error: cannot find symbol
> [ERROR]   symbol:   class JavaDocBuilder
> [ERROR]   location: package com.thoughtworks.qdox

This looks like a mismatch between the version of qdox used by FOP and
the version we have in Debian. Maybe you have to switch to qdox2?

Emmanuel Bourg

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Verbose mvn output ?

Mathieu Malaterre-4
Salut Emmanuel,

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 4:00 PM Emmanuel Bourg <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi Mathieu,
>
> Le 09/11/2018 à 15:48, Mathieu Malaterre a écrit :
>
> > What do I need to tweak to get a verbose mvn output in:
> >
> > https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/fop/blob/wip-2.3/debian/rules
>
> Maven has a '-X/--debug' option to enable a very verbose mode. You can
> enable it by adding this to debian/rules:
>
>   override_dh_auto_build:
>         dh_auto_build -X package -DskipTests
>
> That won't give you more detailed javac error messages though. But at
> least you'll see the javac options and the full classpath used to
> compile the code.

Odd, this does not seems to work for me:

https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/fop/blob/wip-2.3/debian/rules

>
> > Currently it fails with a mysterious:
> >
> > ...
> > [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> > org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.0:compile
> > (default-compile) on project fop-events: Compilation failure:
> > Compilation failure:
> > [ERROR] /home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/tools/EventProducerCollector.java:[34,28]
> > error: cannot find symbol
> > [ERROR]   symbol:   class JavaDocBuilder
> > [ERROR]   location: package com.thoughtworks.qdox
>
> This looks like a mismatch between the version of qdox used by FOP and
> the version we have in Debian. Maybe you have to switch to qdox2?

Right. That is also my guess but since I fail to understand which
version is being used during the build I did not know how to proceed.

-M

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Verbose mvn output ?

Emmanuel Bourg-3
Le 09/11/2018 à 16:16, Mathieu Malaterre a écrit :

> Odd, this does not seems to work for me:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/fop/blob/wip-2.3/debian/rules

Sorry I forgot "--", it's "dh_auto_build -- -X package -DskipTests",


> Right. That is also my guess but since I fail to understand which
> version is being used during the build I did not know how to proceed.

fop currently depends on libqdox-java. Try switching to libqdox2-java
and updating the Maven rules with:

  com.thoughtworks.qdox qdox * s/.*/2.x/ * *

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Verbose mvn output ?

Mathieu Malaterre-4
On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 4:22 PM Emmanuel Bourg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Le 09/11/2018 à 16:16, Mathieu Malaterre a écrit :
>
> > Odd, this does not seems to work for me:
> >
> > https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/fop/blob/wip-2.3/debian/rules
>
> Sorry I forgot "--", it's "dh_auto_build -- -X package -DskipTests",

Odd, this is even worse:

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] Unknown lifecycle phase "libfop-java". You must specify a
valid lifecycle phase or a goal in the format <plugin-prefix>:<goal>
or <plugin-group-id>:<plugin-artifact-id>[:<plugin-version>]:<goal>.
Available lifecycle phases are: validate, initialize,
generate-sources, process-sources, generate-resources,
process-resources, compile, process-classes, generate-test-sources,
process-test-sources, generate-test-resources, process-test-resources,
test-compile, process-test-classes, test, prepare-package, package,
pre-integration-test, integration-test, post-integration-test, verify,
install, deploy, pre-clean, clean, post-clean, pre-site, site,
post-site, site-deploy. -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecyclePhaseNotFoundException: Unknown
lifecycle phase "libfop-java". You must specify a valid lifecycle
phase or a goal in the format <plugin-prefix>:<goal> or
<plugin-group-id>:<plugin-artifact-id>[:<plugin-version>]:<goal>.
Available lifecycle phases are: validate, initialize,
generate-sources, process-sources, generate-resources,
process-resources, compile, process-classes, generate-test-sources,
process-test-sources, generate-test-resources, process-test-resources,
test-compile, process-test-classes, test, prepare-package, package,
pre-integration-test, integration-test, post-integration-test, verify,
install, deploy, pre-clean, clean, post-clean, pre-site, site,
post-site, site-deploy.
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.DefaultLifecycleExecutionPlanCalculator.calculateLifecycleMappings
(DefaultLifecycleExecutionPlanCalculator.java:248)



>
> > Right. That is also my guess but since I fail to understand which
> > version is being used during the build I did not know how to proceed.
>
> fop currently depends on libqdox-java. Try switching to libqdox2-java
> and updating the Maven rules with:
>
>   com.thoughtworks.qdox qdox * s/.*/2.x/ * *

This one was there already:

https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/fop/blob/wip-2.3/debian/maven.rules#L2

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Verbose mvn output ?

Emmanuel Bourg-3
Le 09/11/2018 à 16:46, Mathieu Malaterre a écrit :

> Odd, this is even worse:
>
> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [ERROR] Unknown lifecycle phase "libfop-java".

Because 'libfop-java' doesn't go on the Maven command line ;)

What version of qdox is specified in pom.xml?

Emmanuel Bourg

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Verbose mvn output ?

Mathieu Malaterre-4
On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 5:28 PM Emmanuel Bourg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Le 09/11/2018 à 16:46, Mathieu Malaterre a écrit :
>
> > Odd, this is even worse:
> >
> > [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > [ERROR] Unknown lifecycle phase "libfop-java".
>
> Because 'libfop-java' doesn't go on the Maven command line ;)

Sorry about that :( Fixed now.

> What version of qdox is specified in pom.xml?

$ grep -2 qdox fop-events/pom.xml
<!-- external deps -->
<dependency>
<groupId>com.thoughtworks.qdox</groupId>
<artifactId>qdox</artifactId>
<version>2.x</version>
</dependency>

Very odd...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Verbose mvn output ?

Mathieu Malaterre-4
On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 6:42 PM Mathieu Malaterre <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 5:28 PM Emmanuel Bourg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Le 09/11/2018 à 16:46, Mathieu Malaterre a écrit :
> >
> > > Odd, this is even worse:
> > >
> > > [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > [ERROR] Unknown lifecycle phase "libfop-java".
> >
> > Because 'libfop-java' doesn't go on the Maven command line ;)
>
> Sorry about that :( Fixed now.
>
> > What version of qdox is specified in pom.xml?
>
> $ grep -2 qdox fop-events/pom.xml
> <!-- external deps -->
> <dependency>
> <groupId>com.thoughtworks.qdox</groupId>
> <artifactId>qdox</artifactId>
> <version>2.x</version>
> </dependency>
>
> Very odd...

[INFO] Changes detected - recompiling the module!
[DEBUG] Classpath:
[DEBUG]  /home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/target/classes
[DEBUG]  /home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-util/target/fop-util-2.3.jar
[DEBUG]  /home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/debian/maven-repo/com/thoughtworks/qdox/qdox/2.x/qdox-2.x.jar
[DEBUG]  /home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/debian/maven-repo/commons-io/commons-io/debian/commons-io-debian.jar
[DEBUG]  /home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/debian/maven-repo/org/apache/ant/ant/debian/ant-debian.jar
[DEBUG]  /home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/debian/maven-repo/org/apache/ant/ant-launcher/debian/ant-launcher-debian.jar
[DEBUG]  /home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/debian/maven-repo/org/apache/xmlgraphics/xmlgraphics-commons/debian/xmlgraphics-commons-debian.jar
[DEBUG]  /home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/debian/maven-repo/commons-logging/commons-logging/debian/commons-logging-debian.jar
[DEBUG] Source roots:
[DEBUG]  /home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java
[DEBUG]  /home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/target/generated-sources/annotations
[DEBUG] Excutable:
[DEBUG]  /usr/lib/jvm/default-java/bin/javac
[DEBUG] Command line options:
[DEBUG] -d /home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/target/classes
-classpath /home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/target/classes:/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-util/target/fop-util-2.3.jar:/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/debian/maven-repo/com/thoughtworks/qdox/qdox/2.x/qdox-2.x.jar:/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/debian/maven-repo/commons-io/commons-io/debian/commons-io-debian.jar:/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/debian/maven-repo/org/apache/ant/ant/debian/ant-debian.jar:/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/debian/maven-repo/org/apache/ant/ant-launcher/debian/ant-launcher-debian.jar:/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/debian/maven-repo/org/apache/xmlgraphics/xmlgraphics-commons/debian/xmlgraphics-commons-debian.jar:/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/debian/maven-repo/commons-logging/commons-logging/debian/commons-logging-debian.jar:
-sourcepath /home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java:/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/target/generated-sources/annotations:
/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/events/model/EventModel.java
/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/events/CompositeEventListener.java
/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/tools/EventProducerCollector.java
/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/events/EventExceptionManager.java
/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/events/model/EventProducerModel.java
/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/tools/EventProducerCollectorTask.java
/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/events/model/EventMethodModel.java
/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/events/Event.java
/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/events/EventProducer.java
/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/tools/EventConventionException.java
/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/events/model/EventSeverity.java
/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/events/DefaultEventBroadcaster.java
/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/events/EventBroadcaster.java
/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/events/EventFormatter.java
/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/events/EventListener.java
/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/events/model/EventModelParser.java
-s /home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/target/generated-sources/annotations
-g -nowarn -target 1.6 -source 1.6 -encoding UTF-8
[DEBUG] incrementalBuildHelper#beforeRebuildExecution
[INFO] Compiling 16 source files to
/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/target/classes
[DEBUG] incrementalBuildHelper#afterRebuildExecution
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] /home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/fop-events/src/main/java/org/apache/fop/tools/EventProducerCollector.java:[34,28]
error: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   class JavaDocBuilder
  location: package com.thoughtworks.qdox


Why would the output refer to the non existing:

/home/mathieu/tmp/debian/fop/debian/maven-repo/com/thoughtworks/qdox/qdox/2.x/qdox-2.x.jar

?