Virtual Package names

Rene HEGEWALD
Hello,

is it possbile to create an inoffical Name for my use, not for official use ?

I have many hosts with a hostbased Config and some Packages, with depencie of this config.

The eaysiest way for me is to use a own VirtualPackage name with the "Provides" point in debian Control.

Can any one help me please.

Thanks a lot,
René

Re: Virtual Package names

Don Armstrong
On Fri, 10 Mar 2017, Rene HEGEWALD wrote:
> is it possbile to create an inoffical Name for my use, not for
> official use ?

Yep. Debian itself uses a host of packages for installing packages on
its hosts which start with debian.org- something.

See some examples here:

https://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=mirror/debian.org.git

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

nothing except the impossible shall occur
 -- e.e. cummings "XLII" _1 x 1_

Re: Re: Virtual Package names

rene-3

Hello Don,

sorry thats not what i mean …

I give an example, i hope thet helps to understand what i Need

Package: my-sever-host-a

Provides: my-server-host

Package: my-server-host-b

Provides: my-server-host