Website down?

Sven Giermann
I'm wondering if there's something wrong with www.emdebian.org!
I still know, the Debian UK mirror site mirrors the repository, but what
happened to your website?

Sven

Re: Website down?

wookey-4
+++ Sven Giermann [2014-11-12 23:01 +0100]:
> I'm wondering if there's something wrong with www.emdebian.org!
> I still know, the Debian UK mirror site mirrors the repository, but
> what happened to your website?

The server got hacked. It was due to get turned off anyway so now it's
happened early. We will try and get the website back up somewhere, but
it might take a little while. If anyone wants to volunteer ~5G of
space somewhere we'll put it there.

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  Linaro, Emdebian, Wookware, Balloonboard, ARM
http://wookware.org/

Re: Website down?

J. Fernando Lagrange
Hello,

as this is my first time post to this list, pleas you find a quick self introduction hereunder.

Le 13/11/2014 00:28, Wookey a écrit :

> +++ Sven Giermann [2014-11-12 23:01 +0100]:
>> I'm wondering if there's something wrong with www.emdebian.org!
>> I still know, the Debian UK mirror site mirrors the repository, but
>> what happened to your website?
>
> The server got hacked. It was due to get turned off anyway so now it's
> happened early. We will try and get the website back up somewhere, but
> it might take a little while. If anyone wants to volunteer ~5G of
> space somewhere we'll put it there.

I can provide a virtual machine (KVM/libvirt) with around 15G of disk. My main concern is that physical machine only got 1 IP address: all web traffic goes to an apache2 reverse proxy. Depending on URL, it proxies requests and responses to corresponding VM containing accurate website.

I am somehow annoyed to propose such setup, but that's all I can offer. I think its okay for a "plain HTML" website, if there is some sort of authentication form or other "password sensitive" information on web side, I would not allow you to use it.
If it's okay for you (and no-one else steps forward) I can setup VM, install wheezy and provide root password on demand (please give public GPG key).

We can also discuss this on IRC.

Quick introduction:
My name is Joseph Fernando Lagrange, I am member of a French LUG near Grenoble [1].
I have subscribed to this list in order to be able to upgrade (and dist-upgrade) Debian on 3 DreamPlug devices. I am a little confused by all existing arm cpus and their correspondences with Debian architectures and packages.
Unfortunately, I could not (yet) dedicate enough time to this matter, I still hope to be able to hack on it as soon as my timetable allows me to.

[1] The Libre User's Group near my area is named Guilde des Utilisateurs d'Informatique Libre du Dauphiné <http://www.guilde.asso.fr>.

@+
--
J. Fernando Lagrange, aka LowMemory on IRC

Re: Website down?

Simon Richter-2

On 13.11.2014 00:28, Wookey wrote:

> The server got hacked. It was due to get turned off anyway so now it's
> happened early. We will try and get the website back up somewhere, but
> it might take a little while. If anyone wants to volunteer ~5G of
> space somewhere we'll put it there.

I have an i3 in a colocation facility with 10 TB of space.

   Simon

Re: Re: Website down?

Nathael Pajani-2
Hi,

Got a spare IP address and a machine with vservers, decent connectivity, and much more
space than required. I can setup one for this in a short time (1-2 hours)

Please reply by mail or on #debian (irc.freenode.net) (I'm drizzt)

--
Nathaël PAJANI - ED3L - Techno-Innov
Internet : http://www.ed3l.fr - http://www.techno-innov.fr