What does Emacs Keybinding theme do?

Xue Fuqiao
I'm using GNOME 3.4 on sid, and I have two small questions regarding
keybindings:

1. In "Advanced Settings" -> "Theme" -> "Keybinding theme", I changed my
theme to "Emacs", but I didn't find anything difference.  (I tried to
press "Ctrl+a" on the search area of "Activities" and Nautilus, but both
of them do not behave like `beginning-of-line'.)

2. In "System Settings" -> "Keybord" -> "Shortcuts" -> "Navigation", I
changed "Switch applications" from "Alt+Tab" to "F9", but it didn't make
any difference.  If I change it to "Ctrl+F9", it's ok.  Why?

I have searched on Google and help.gnome.org, but they didn't help.  Can
I get a pointer to information on them?

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/

Re: What does Emacs Keybinding theme do?

Miles Bader-2
AFAIK, it basically affects text-input areas.

It definitely works there though; I'd go crazy otherwise... :]

-miles

--
"Most attacks seem to take place at night, during a rainstorm, uphill,
 where four map sheets join."   -- Anon. British Officer in WW I

Re: What does Emacs Keybinding theme do?

Andrea Vettorello
On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 7:28 AM, Miles Bader <[hidden email]> wrote:
AFAIK, it basically affects text-input areas.

It definitely works there though; I'd go crazy otherwise... :]

The thing that makes me crazy is the fact I can't bind Ctrl-m to accept my input... ^_~

--
Andrea