Where is the team?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Where is the team?

Colin Tuckley-2
I've noticed a lack of activity in here by the usual suspects.

Is everybody just really busy or has the team died?

I've uploaded fixes for a lot of the trivial bugs that were hanging
around because of the freeze and the release.

Ervin and I are trying to get hamlib sorted out, it's been difficult
because of upstream changes and various transitions on Debian.

cqrlog is a big mess at the moment due to Lazarus/FPC changes and the
Debian mysql->MariaDB transition - but I think I'm finally making some
progress.

What is everyone else up to?

73, Colin

--
Colin Tuckley    | +44(0)1223 830814 |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
Debian Developer | +44(0)7799 143369 | 0xFA0C410738C9D903

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where is the team?

KI7MT
Hi Colin,

Not sure where folks are. I can't make much progress on the whole Debian
Developer thing as I live in "sticks" of Montana :-).

I went back to school, University of Montana, for a dual CS and Business
degree. Four more more semesters to go !! :-)

I did see (I believe it was your doing) that Hamlib was upgraded to
v3.1. That is very much appreciated !!

Joe (K1JT) is about to release a new version of WSJT-X, which includes
the former Python WSPR based FMT (Frequency Measurement Tool). It's good
for rig calibration, and the ARRL FMT test. It also has a really cool
new mode called FT8. FT8 is a 15sec HF TX/RX mode ~ very Fast Paced
JT65-Like mode.

FT8 Notes: http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/ft8.txt

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well through the Summer Heat !! It's
smoken' hot here.

73's
Greg, KI7MT


On 07/10/2017 02:30 PM, Colin Tuckley wrote:

> I've noticed a lack of activity in here by the usual suspects.
>
> Is everybody just really busy or has the team died?
>
> I've uploaded fixes for a lot of the trivial bugs that were hanging
> around because of the freeze and the release.
>
> Ervin and I are trying to get hamlib sorted out, it's been difficult
> because of upstream changes and various transitions on Debian.
>
> cqrlog is a big mess at the moment due to Lazarus/FPC changes and the
> Debian mysql->MariaDB transition - but I think I'm finally making some
> progress.
>
> What is everyone else up to?
>
> 73, Colin
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where is the team?

Colin Tuckley-2
On 10/07/17 22:59, ki7mt wrote:

> Not sure where folks are. I can't make much progress on the whole Debian
> Developer thing as I live in "sticks" of Montana :-).

Stick with it - as far as the required key signing goes you will
probably have to combine a vacation with attending one of the Debian or
FOSS gatherings.

> I did see (I believe it was your doing) that Hamlib was upgraded to
> v3.1. That is very much appreciated !!

It's suffered a bit of a setback with the packaging over the last couple
of days, but Ervin is working on fixing things.

> Joe (K1JT) is about to release a new version of WSJT-X, which includes
> the former Python WSPR based FMT (Frequency Measurement Tool).

That is good - I use it for data modes already and it would be great in
Debian.

> Anyway, hope everyone is doing well through the Summer Heat !! It's
> smoken' hot here.

It's been hotter than usual here too, but that only means 30 DegC (86 DegF)

73, Colin G8TMV

--
Colin Tuckley    | +44(0)1223 830814 |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
Debian Developer | +44(0)7799 143369 | 0xFA0C410738C9D903

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where is the team?

Andreas Bombe
In reply to this post by Colin Tuckley-2
On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 09:30:54PM +0100, Colin Tuckley wrote:
> I've noticed a lack of activity in here by the usual suspects.
>
> Is everybody just really busy or has the team died?

I am still waiting to get my upload of SoapySDR accepted (in NEW because
of soname bump) so that I can upload new versions of all the SoapySDR
modules and limesuite. Same for CubicSDR, I'll just wait for the accept.

That about covers it for the team packages I am uploader for. I haven't
looked at anything else in the team packages, but I am busy with other
things too.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where is the team?

A. Maitland Bottoms
On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 09:30:54PM +0100, Colin Tuckley wrote:
> I've noticed a lack of activity in here by the usual suspects.
>
> Is everybody just really busy or has the team died?

I just uploaded codec2-0.6 and uhd-3.10.1.1 with new
library packages names reflecting API/ABI bumps.

freedv 1.2.1 will follow codec2 in.

Hopefully gnuradio 2.7.11 by this weekend.
aeb - unless that causes soapy problems.

I am looking forward to spending debcamp/debconf getting
my sdr stuff updated.

During the freeze I played some with combining hamlib and sleekxmpp
to do some rig control via xmpp. So I might have some opinions on
hamlib and swig and Python that could get converted to new code.

73 de aa4hs,
-Maitland