Which system monitor for temperature (mainboard, CPU) and fan values ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Which system monitor for temperature (mainboard, CPU) and fan values ?

Michael-352
Hi all,

I used to monitor these values (different temperatures together with fan speed and voltage - to detect if a fan is getting old), with ksysguard. It's easy to setup a custom sensors set here.

However, certain dependencies (via libpolicykit) seem to make it increasingly difficult to keep the ksysguard package installed. But anyway, this is not the problem i need help with, it's a matter of choice. Rather, i'm asking for any alternative here.

I tried gnome-system-monitor but it does not show mainboard temperature and fan speed+voltages, and unfortunately does not offer setup a custom sensor set (profile) either.

So my question: Is there any other tool that i can use ? It does not necessarily need to be graphical, but at least need to feature all-in-one-view and a continuos poll; and i would be happier with something already worked out, instead of writing yet-another-script myself ...

Any ideas ?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Which system monitor for temperature (mainboard, CPU) and fan values ?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 20.11.18 19:53, Michael wrote:

> I used to monitor these values (different temperatures together with fan
> speed and voltage - to detect if a fan is getting old), with ksysguard.
> It's easy to setup a custom sensors set here.
>
> However, certain dependencies (via libpolicykit) seem to make it
> increasingly difficult to keep the ksysguard package installed.  But
> anyway, this is not the problem i need help with, it's a matter of choice.
> Rather, i'm asking for any alternative here.
>
> I tried gnome-system-monitor but it does not show mainboard temperature and
> fan speed+voltages, and unfortunately does not offer setup a custom sensor
> set (profile) either.
>
> So my question: Is there any other tool that i can use ?  It does not
> necessarily need to be graphical, but at least need to feature
> all-in-one-view and a continuos poll; and i would be happier with
> something already worked out, instead of writing yet-another-script myself
> ...

try psensor
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, [hidden email] ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Warning: I wish NOT to receive e-mail advertising to this address.
Varovanie: na tuto adresu chcem NEDOSTAVAT akukolvek reklamnu postu.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted,
then used against you.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Which system monitor for temperature (mainboard, CPU) and fan values ?

Michael-352
Matus,

> try psensor

Works -- thank you !

Although the graph is hard to read and somewhat unusable, but the sensors table with min/max ranges is is enough for me.

Just, there's no way to define additional sensors like for voltage; and i can't even see any configuration file ... my preferences always got reset.



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Which system monitor for temperature (mainboard, CPU) and fan values ?

Michael-352
Just found xsensors, it shows voltage. However, we can't easily see fluctuations, since there is no graph and no min/max.