Why CC-BY and CC-BY-SA licenses are DFSG-free?

Why CC-BY and CC-BY-SA licenses are DFSG-free?

Bagas Sanjaya
Hello,

I'd like to know why CC-BY and CC-BY-SA licenses are DFSG-free, and not
NC and ND variant ones? I had tried to find the explanation on this
mailing list, but seems like there is nothing found.

Cheers, Bagas
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara

Re: Why CC-BY and CC-BY-SA licenses are DFSG-free?

Mihai Moldovan
* On 8/18/19 10:02 AM, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
> [...] and not
> NC and ND variant ones? I had tried to find the explanation on this
> mailing list, but seems like there is nothing found.

In very short: the NC part conflicts with point 6: "No Discrimination Against
Fields of Endeavor", because it disallows commercial usage.

The ND part conflicts with point 3: "Derived Works" for obvious reasons.

Mihai