adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
99 messages Options
12345
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

Staszek
Hi

I have upgraded from Wheezy to Jessie and my Adobe Flash Player in
Iceweasel stopped working:

$ iceweasel

(process:6255): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
'sys_page_size == 0' failed

###!!! [Parent][MessageChannel::Call] Error: Channel timeout: cannot
send/recv

$

When on Wheezy, I installed it manually by just copying
libflashplayer.so to .mozilla/plugins .
It doesn't work anymore, why?

Thanks!

I prefer to avoid non-free, therefore I created a separate user for
libflashplayer.so which I downloaded from adobe.com. The page:
http://www.adobe.com/uk/software/flash/about/ shows that I am having the
latest version installed (11.2.202.491).

--
http://people.eisenbits.com/~stf/
http://www.eisenbits.com/

OpenPGP: 9EC2 5620 2355 B1DC 4A8F  8C79 0EC7 C214 E5AE 3B4E


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: https://lists.debian.org/55BF452D.2090609@...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re : adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe
Hi,

Likely the upgrade broke your manual installation. You should install the flashplugin-nonfree package from non-free repo. Anyway be careful, you probably will need to enable manually when needed in Iceweasel, as it is disabled by default due to various security problems. Maybe they are now fixed but it was this before I remove it. To upgrade the plugin, issue: update-flashplugin-nonfree --install

regards


Jean-Philippe MENGUAL

HYPRA, progressons ensemble

Tél.: 01 84 73 06 61

Mail: [hidden email]

Site Web: http://www.hypra.fr

----- Staszek <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi
>
> I have upgraded from Wheezy to Jessie and my Adobe Flash Player in
> Iceweasel stopped working:
>
> $ iceweasel
>
> (process:6255): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
> 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
>
> ###!!! [Parent][MessageChannel::Call] Error: Channel timeout: cannot
> send/recv
>
> $
>
> When on Wheezy, I installed it manually by just copying
> libflashplayer.so to .mozilla/plugins .
> It doesn't work anymore, why?
>
> Thanks!
>
> I prefer to avoid non-free, therefore I created a separate user for
> libflashplayer.so which I downloaded from adobe.com. The page:
> http://www.adobe.com/uk/software/flash/about/ shows that I am having the
> latest version installed (11.2.202.491).
>
> --
> http://people.eisenbits.com/~stf/
> http://www.eisenbits.com/
>
> OpenPGP: 9EC2 5620 2355 B1DC 4A8F  8C79 0EC7 C214 E5AE 3B4E
>
>
> --
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
> Archive: https://lists.debian.org/55BF452D.2090609@...
>


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: https://lists.debian.org/1137996362.42346817.1438600650720.JavaMail.root@...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re : adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

Staszek
On 2015-08-03 13:17, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Likely the upgrade broke your manual installation. You should install the flashplugin-nonfree package from non-free repo. Anyway be careful, you probably will need to enable manually when needed in Iceweasel, as it is disabled by default due to various security problems. Maybe they are now fixed but it was this before I remove it. To upgrade the plugin, issue: update-flashplugin-nonfree --install
>
> regards
>
>
> Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
>
> HYPRA, progressons ensemble
>
> Tél.: 01 84 73 06 61
>
> Mail: [hidden email]
>
> Site Web: http://www.hypra.fr
>
> ----- Staszek <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>> Hi
>>
>> I have upgraded from Wheezy to Jessie and my Adobe Flash Player in
>> Iceweasel stopped working:
>>
>> $ iceweasel
>>
>> (process:6255): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
>> 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
>>
>> ###!!! [Parent][MessageChannel::Call] Error: Channel timeout: cannot
>> send/recv
>>
>> $
>>
>> When on Wheezy, I installed it manually by just copying
>> libflashplayer.so to .mozilla/plugins .
>> It doesn't work anymore, why?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> I prefer to avoid non-free, therefore I created a separate user for
>> libflashplayer.so which I downloaded from adobe.com. The page:
>> http://www.adobe.com/uk/software/flash/about/ shows that I am having the
>> latest version installed (11.2.202.491).

This is not just an upgrade problem, because on fresh Jessie simply
copying libflashplayer.so to .mozilla/plugins doesn't work either.

Why?

--
http://people.eisenbits.com/~stf/
http://www.eisenbits.com/

OpenPGP: 9EC2 5620 2355 B1DC 4A8F  8C79 0EC7 C214 E5AE 3B4E

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re : adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

Jimmy Johnson-8
On 09/06/2015 12:54 PM, Staszek wrote:

> On 2015-08-03 13:17, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Likely the upgrade broke your manual installation. You should install the flashplugin-nonfree package from non-free repo. Anyway be careful, you probably will need to enable manually when needed in Iceweasel, as it is disabled by default due to various security problems. Maybe they are now fixed but it was this before I remove it. To upgrade the plugin, issue: update-flashplugin-nonfree --install
>>
>> regards
>>
>>
>> Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
>>
>> HYPRA, progressons ensemble
>>
>> Tél.: 01 84 73 06 61
>>
>> Mail: [hidden email]
>>
>> Site Web: http://www.hypra.fr
>>
>> ----- Staszek <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have upgraded from Wheezy to Jessie and my Adobe Flash Player in
>>> Iceweasel stopped working:
>>>
>>> $ iceweasel
>>>
>>> (process:6255): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
>>> 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
>>>
>>> ###!!! [Parent][MessageChannel::Call] Error: Channel timeout: cannot
>>> send/recv
>>>
>>> $
>>>
>>> When on Wheezy, I installed it manually by just copying
>>> libflashplayer.so to .mozilla/plugins .
>>> It doesn't work anymore, why?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> I prefer to avoid non-free, therefore I created a separate user for
>>> libflashplayer.so which I downloaded from adobe.com. The page:
>>> http://www.adobe.com/uk/software/flash/about/ shows that I am having the
>>> latest version installed (11.2.202.491).
>
> This is not just an upgrade problem, because on fresh Jessie simply
> copying libflashplayer.so to .mozilla/plugins doesn't work either.
>
> Why?

Installing 'flashplayer-mozilla' that is in Debian main will solve the
flash problem.
--
Debian Jessie - KDE 4.14.2  - EXT4 - AMD64 at sda10
Registered Linux User #380263

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Which program shows info about virtual packages --- apt-cache no good. (was ... Re: Re : adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie)

cbannister
On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 02:16:09PM -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:


[BIG snip]

>
> Installing 'flashplayer-mozilla' that is in Debian main will solve the flash
> problem.

# apt-cache show flashplayer-mozilla
N: Can't select versions from package 'flashplayer-mozilla' as it is purely virtual
N: No packages found

I tried this from the man page:

apt-cache show --all-names flashplayer-mozilla

but got this as output:
E: Command line option --all-names is not understood

seems like the man page is out of sync.

Is there another way of seeing the info about flashplayer-mozilla?

--
"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people
who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the
oppressing." --- Malcolm X

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re : adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

Martin Read-2
In reply to this post by Jimmy Johnson-8
On 06/09/15 22:16, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> Installing 'flashplayer-mozilla' that is in Debian main will solve the
> flash problem.

This statement is factually incorrect, as no package of that name exists
in jessie main.

A package of that name *does* exist in the deb-multimedia repositories.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

Lisi Reisz
In reply to this post by Jimmy Johnson-8
On Sunday 06 September 2015 22:16:09 Jimmy Johnson wrote:

> On 09/06/2015 12:54 PM, Staszek wrote:
> > On 2015-08-03 13:17, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Likely the upgrade broke your manual installation. You should install
> >> the flashplugin-nonfree package from non-free repo. Anyway be careful,
> >> you probably will need to enable manually when needed in Iceweasel, as
> >> it is disabled by default due to various security problems. Maybe they
> >> are now fixed but it was this before I remove it. To upgrade the plugin,
> >> issue: update-flashplugin-nonfree --install
> >>
> >> regards
> >>
> >>
> >> Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
> >>
> >> HYPRA, progressons ensemble
> >>
> >> Tél.: 01 84 73 06 61
> >>
> >> Mail: [hidden email]
> >>
> >> Site Web: http://www.hypra.fr
> >>
> >> ----- Staszek <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >>> Hi
> >>>
> >>> I have upgraded from Wheezy to Jessie and my Adobe Flash Player in
> >>> Iceweasel stopped working:
> >>>
> >>> $ iceweasel
> >>>
> >>> (process:6255): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
> >>> 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
> >>>
> >>> ###!!! [Parent][MessageChannel::Call] Error: Channel timeout: cannot
> >>> send/recv
> >>>
> >>> $
> >>>
> >>> When on Wheezy, I installed it manually by just copying
> >>> libflashplayer.so to .mozilla/plugins .
> >>> It doesn't work anymore, why?
> >>>
> >>> Thanks!
> >>>
> >>> I prefer to avoid non-free, therefore I created a separate user for
> >>> libflashplayer.so which I downloaded from adobe.com. The page:
> >>> http://www.adobe.com/uk/software/flash/about/ shows that I am having
> >>> the latest version installed (11.2.202.491).
> >
> > This is not just an upgrade problem, because on fresh Jessie simply
> > copying libflashplayer.so to .mozilla/plugins doesn't work either.
> >
> > Why?
>
> Installing 'flashplayer-mozilla' that is in Debian main will solve the
> flash problem.

Immediately on reading this I installed flashplayer-mozilla on the computer I
was working on - my desktop - which is running Wheezy and TDE 3.5.13.2.  It
installed successfully and I have used it.

Yesterday I went to install it on the computer attached to the TV, running
Jessie and TDE 14.0.2, and it failed "no candidate version found for
flashplayer-mozilla" and I can't find it in the package lists on debian.org.  
But a search of the package lists also says that it isn't available in
wheezy.
https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=wheezy&arch=any&mode=path&searchon=names&keywords=flashplayer-mozilla

I have, however, just installed it on my husband's wheezy desktop, apparently
totally successfully.  Unfortunately it doesn't fully work - it won't, at the
moment, run 4oD.  It may be a question of the version of Iceweasel, so I
shall have to investigate.

But: why will it install in wheezy, but not in Jessie - and yet it is listed
in neither. :-/

Lisi

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

Lisi Reisz
In reply to this post by Martin Read-2
On Tuesday 08 September 2015 17:01:34 Martin Read wrote:
> On 06/09/15 22:16, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> > Installing 'flashplayer-mozilla' that is in Debian main will solve the
> > flash problem.
>
> This statement is factually incorrect, as no package of that name exists
> in jessie main.
>
> A package of that name *does* exist in the deb-multimedia repositories.

Ah!  That *may* be my answer.  I'll have to check.  Thanks.

Lisi

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

Ric Moore
In reply to this post by Lisi Reisz
On 09/08/2015 12:25 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> But: why will it install in wheezy, but not in Jessie - and yet it is listed
> in neither. :-/

Methinks you have deb-multimedia configured somehow in your sources.


--
My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
"There are two Great Sins in the world...
..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.
Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.
http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

Haines Brown-2
On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 12:38:17PM -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> On 09/08/2015 12:25 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
>
> >But: why will it install in wheezy, but not in Jessie - and yet it is listed
> >in neither. :-/
>
> Methinks you have deb-multimedia configured somehow in your sources.

I suspect something else is going on. I also am running Wheezy and have
this line in sources.list:

  deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org wheezy main non-free

I do an aptitude update and upgrade, and when I do:

  # aptitude install flashplayer-mozilla

I get:

  No candidate version found for flashplayer-mozilla

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

Ric Moore
On 09/08/2015 01:30 PM, Haines Brown wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 12:38:17PM -0400, Ric Moore wrote:

>> Methinks you have deb-multimedia configured somehow in your sources.
>
> I suspect something else is going on. I also am running Wheezy and have
> this line in sources.list:
>
>    deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org wheezy main non-free
>
> I do an aptitude update and upgrade, and when I do:
>
>    # aptitude install flashplayer-mozilla
>
> I get:
>
>    No candidate version found for flashplayer-mozilla

Trouble shooting with a shotgun here... suppose you add "contrib" to
that line and try again?? Ric

p/s I do have flashplugin-nonfree installed instead.
--
My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
"There are two Great Sins in the world...
..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.
Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.
http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

Brad Rogers
On Tue, 8 Sep 2015 13:52:56 -0400
Ric Moore <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Ric,

>Trouble shooting with a shotgun here... suppose you add "contrib" to
>that line and try again?? Ric

DMO doesn't have contrib, only main and non-free.

--
 Regards  _
         / )           "The blindingly obvious is
        / _)rad        never immediately apparent"
Looking for something I can call my own
Chairman Of The Bored - Crass

attachment0 (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

cbannister
In reply to this post by Ric Moore
On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 01:52:56PM -0400, Ric Moore wrote:

> On 09/08/2015 01:30 PM, Haines Brown wrote:
> >On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 12:38:17PM -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
>
> >>Methinks you have deb-multimedia configured somehow in your sources.
> >
> >I suspect something else is going on. I also am running Wheezy and have
> >this line in sources.list:
> >
> >   deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org wheezy main non-free
> >
> >I do an aptitude update and upgrade, and when I do:
> >
> >   # aptitude install flashplayer-mozilla
> >
> >I get:
> >
> >   No candidate version found for flashplayer-mozilla
>
> Trouble shooting with a shotgun here... suppose you add "contrib" to that
> line and try again?? Ric
>
> p/s I do have flashplugin-nonfree installed instead.

I agree about the shotgun bit, or consider it more like "perfecting your
swimming in a shark tank."

read:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/FAQ

before swimming in the http://www.deb-multimedia.org tank.

--
"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people
who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the
oppressing." --- Malcolm X

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

Jimmy Johnson-8
In reply to this post by Lisi Reisz
On 09/08/2015 10:40 AM, Haines Brown wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 12:38:17PM -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
>> On 09/08/2015 12:25 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
>>
>>> But: why will it install in wheezy, but not in Jessie - and yet it is listed
>>> in neither. :-/
>>
>> Methinks you have deb-multimedia configured somehow in your sources.
>
> I suspect something else is going on. I also am running Wheezy and have
> this line in sources.list:
>
>    deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org wheezy main non-free
>
> I do an aptitude update and upgrade, and when I do:
>
>    # aptitude install flashplayer-mozilla
>
> I get:
>
>    No candidate version found for flashplayer-mozilla

I use synaptic and it's there for wheezy, jessie, stretch and sid..

i386
http://www.deb-multimedia.org/dists/oldstable/non-free/binary-i386/package/flashplayer-mozilla.php 


amd64
http://www.deb-multimedia.org/dists/wheezy/non-free/binary-amd64/package/flashplayer-mozilla 

--
Debian Jessie - KDE 4.14.2  - EXT4 - AMD64 at sda10
Registered Linux User #380263

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

Haines Brown-2
In reply to this post by Ric Moore
On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 01:52:56PM -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> On 09/08/2015 01:30 PM, Haines Brown wrote:
> >On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 12:38:17PM -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
>
> Trouble shooting with a shotgun here... suppose you add "contrib" to
> that line and try again?? Ric

Thanks, but no good. Produces 404 error. I found the problem and was
able to install the app.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

Ric Moore
In reply to this post by cbannister
On 09/08/2015 02:29 PM, Chris Bannister wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 01:52:56PM -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
>> On 09/08/2015 01:30 PM, Haines Brown wrote:
>>> On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 12:38:17PM -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
>>
>>>> Methinks you have deb-multimedia configured somehow in your sources.
>>>
>>> I suspect something else is going on. I also am running Wheezy and have
>>> this line in sources.list:
>>>
>>>    deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org wheezy main non-free
>>>
>>> I do an aptitude update and upgrade, and when I do:
>>>
>>>    # aptitude install flashplayer-mozilla
>>>
>>> I get:
>>>
>>>    No candidate version found for flashplayer-mozilla
>>
>> Trouble shooting with a shotgun here... suppose you add "contrib" to that
>> line and try again?? Ric
>>
>> p/s I do have flashplugin-nonfree installed instead.
>
> I agree about the shotgun bit, or consider it more like "perfecting your
> swimming in a shark tank."
>
> read:
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/FAQ
>
> before swimming in the http://www.deb-multimedia.org tank.


I don't use it at all. :) Ric


--
My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
"There are two Great Sins in the world...
..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.
Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.
http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

Paul van der Vlis
In reply to this post by Jimmy Johnson-8
Op 08-09-15 om 20:37 schreef Jimmy Johnson:

> On 09/08/2015 10:40 AM, Haines Brown wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 12:38:17PM -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
>>> On 09/08/2015 12:25 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
>>>
>>>> But: why will it install in wheezy, but not in Jessie - and yet it
>>>> is listed
>>>> in neither. :-/
>>>
>>> Methinks you have deb-multimedia configured somehow in your sources.
>>
>> I suspect something else is going on. I also am running Wheezy and have
>> this line in sources.list:
>>
>>    deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org wheezy main non-free
>>
>> I do an aptitude update and upgrade, and when I do:
>>
>>    # aptitude install flashplayer-mozilla
>>
>> I get:
>>
>>    No candidate version found for flashplayer-mozilla
>
> I use synaptic and it's there for wheezy, jessie, stretch and sid..
>
> i386
> http://www.deb-multimedia.org/dists/oldstable/non-free/binary-i386/package/flashplayer-mozilla.php
>
>
> amd64
> http://www.deb-multimedia.org/dists/wheezy/non-free/binary-amd64/package/flashplayer-mozilla
>

Not sure what this is for a package, but in Debian you have
"flashplugin-nonfree" in contrib what downloads and installs the
flashplugin for Mozilla.

For Chromium there is "pepperflashplugin-nonfree".

deb-multimedia in your sources.list can give conflicts, better do not
use it.

You can update the flashplugins with these commands:
update-flashplugin-nonfree --install
update-pepperflashplugin-nonfree --install

Better make a daily cronjob to do this, because there are much problems
with flash. I have removed it from my machine.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.




--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer Groningen
https://www.vandervlis.nl/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

Lisi Reisz
On Tuesday 08 September 2015 22:55:21 Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> Not sure what this is for a package, but in Debian you have
> "flashplugin-nonfree" in contrib what downloads and installs the
> flashplugin for Mozilla.
>
> For Chromium there is "pepperflashplugin-nonfree".

Neither of these works with British 4oD or Channel 5.

> deb-multimedia in your sources.list can give conflicts, better do not
> use it.

Great advice if you are using your computer as an ornament or for something
for which you don't need deb-multimedia.  Less good if you have a purpose for
your computer and that purpose can only be fulfilled with deb-multimedia.

I was so desperate I was wondering why I didn't just buy Windows. ;-)
deb-multimedia is a small sacrifice compared to that.

But I still haven't got it going on the computer that is attached to the TV,
and I don't actually want it on my desktop.  And it doesn't work on my
husband's desktop.

Lisi

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

Jimmy Johnson-8
On 09/08/2015 10:43 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
>
> But I still haven't got it going on the computer that is attached to the TV,
> and I don't actually want it on my desktop.  And it doesn't work on my
> husband's desktop.
>
> Lisi

Lisi if you are asking? I can tell you 'flashplayer-mozilla' works
without the problems that 'flashplayer-nonfree' has, So if you are
having problems watching internet video you should give
flashplayer-mozilla a try.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Stretch - KDE-Plasma-Desktop 5.4.0 - EXT4 - AMD64 at sda13
Registered Linux User #380263

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

Paul van der Vlis
In reply to this post by Lisi Reisz
Op 09-09-15 om 07:43 schreef Lisi Reisz:
> On Tuesday 08 September 2015 22:55:21 Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>> Not sure what this is for a package, but in Debian you have
>> "flashplugin-nonfree" in contrib what downloads and installs the
>> flashplugin for Mozilla.
>>
>> For Chromium there is "pepperflashplugin-nonfree".
>
> Neither of these works with British 4oD or Channel 5.

I cannot recieve that here I expect, and I have no URL. So I cannot test
it, but I think you are wrong.

flashplugin-nonfree and pepperflashplugin-nonfree are installing the
original plugins from Adobe and Google.

>> deb-multimedia in your sources.list can give conflicts, better do not
>> use it.
>
> Great advice if you are using your computer as an ornament or for something
> for which you don't need deb-multimedia.  

For what do you need it?  Everything is in Debian itself.

The only thing I know, is that it's useable for libdvdcss2.
But you can play most DVD's without libdvdcss2.

> Less good if you have a purpose for
> your computer and that purpose can only be fulfilled with deb-multimedia.

What kind of special things are you doing with your computer?

I am a sysadmin and I help many people with Debian computers.
Nobody needs deb-multimedia.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer Groningen
https://www.vandervlis.nl/

12345