after upgrade Sarge->Etch strange error

Alexander Nagel
Good Morning,
recently i have upgraded to Etch and now i have always an error message
box at startup of Gnome desktop:

There is already a panel running. This will be closed now. (freely
translated from german)

This messagebox is repeated several times.

What panel is meant?
How can i avoid this message?

thx
Alex

Re: after upgrade Sarge->Etch strange error

Andrea Vettorello
On 11/28/05, Alexander Nagel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good Morning,
> recently i have upgraded to Etch and now i have always an error message
> box at startup of Gnome desktop:
>
> There is already a panel running. This will be closed now. (freely
> translated from german)
>
> This messagebox is repeated several times.
>
> What panel is meant?
> How can i avoid this message?

On logout try to save the session.

Andrea

Am Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:10:07 +0100 schrieb Andrea Vettorello:

> On 11/28/05, Alexander Nagel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Good Morning,
>> recently i have upgraded to Etch and now i have always an error message
>> box at startup of Gnome desktop:
>>
>> There is already a panel running. This will be closed now. (freely
>> translated from german)
>>
>> This messagebox is repeated several times.
>>
>> What panel is meant?
>> How can i avoid this message?
>>

> On logout try to save the session.
>

> Andrea

Hi Andrea,
thanks for your hint.
It is solved. I removed .gnome2/session after logout and login again and
then everything was fine.

Alex