any ETA when debian buster alpha 4 will be released ?

any ETA when debian buster alpha 4 will be released ?

shirish शिरीष
Dear all,

Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the list.

I was looking at Debian buster wiki page.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianBuster

I did see the notes from the release team sometime back

https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2018/09/msg00004.html

Does it mean we won't have an alpha 4 of Debian buster before freeze
or would there ?

There is an event happening in India debutsav kochi

https://debutsav.in

Where I was hoping to have a debian buster  alpha 4 release if it's on
the radar.

If not, we could always use the daily release but that is pretty much
a hit and release thing.

https://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/amd64/

I do know that we now have a sort of testing summary page which tells
about somethings

https://d-i.debian.org/testing-summary.html

The other thing I could is share the internalization stats so people
can see where we are.

https://d-i.debian.org/l10n-stats/

Looking forward to guidance.

          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
EB80 462B 08E1 A0DE A73A  2C2F 9F3D C7A4 E1C4 D2D8

Re: any ETA when debian buster alpha 4 will be released ?

Holger Wansing-2
Hi,

Am Montag, 22. Oktober 2018 schrieb shirish शिरीष:

> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2018/09/msg00004.html
>
> Does it mean we won't have an alpha 4 of Debian buster before freeze
> or would there ?
>
> There is an event happening in India debutsav kochi
>
> https://debutsav.in
>
> Where I was hoping to have a debian buster  alpha 4 release if it's on
> the radar.

We can expect another d-i release, let it be an alpha4 or rc1 ...
Not sure if it will make it for your event though.

> The other thing I could is share the internalization stats so people
> can see where we are.
>
> https://d-i.debian.org/l10n-stats/

That would be definitely great. There is much potential for
improvement regarding translation of Indian languages!
So, yes - please try to direct interest on localization if you can.

Thanks
Holger

--
Sent from my Jolla phone