apache only servers text page

Dave-16
To anyone who may have a solution,

Our apache2 is only severing text or code pages instead of html pages.

apache did have a "ForceType of text/plain remarking out did not solve
the problem.

.pl files on the server are also served are code.

text/html - is used in all scripts, and it is located in the mime.types

we use sublime to edit all of our .pl or .html pages.

please advise.

Re: apache only servers text page

Dave-16
Sorry about that.

by remarking out the ForceType we are now able to view html file.

Apache is serving perl executables as actual code. ( .pl .cgi ) or files
that have the first line as

#!/usr/bin/perl

perl has been installed in correct location.

/etc/mime.types file has text/x-perl     .pl   and text/x-script.perl     pl

apache2.conf - has the line     Options FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
apache2.conf - AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .sh .pl

they may be other settings we are not aware of.

should it be needed, how should we go about getting a copy of the
apache2.conf file to you, or should we just post in up on a site and
give a link to it ?

please advise.

thank you

Dave