apache2 missing a file, won't run.

Gene Heskett-4
Greetings all;

So web page in the sig is dark.

Stretch install, from a custom iso the LCNC folks are testing, but the
apache2 install was all pulled in with synaptic.  No errors.

As root;

Service apache2 start, gets this from systemctl:

May 05 12:49:20 coyote systemd[1]: Starting The Apache HTTP Server...
May 05 12:49:20 coyote apachectl[20456]: apache2: Syntax error on line
204 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1
of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authz_default.load: Cannot
load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_authz_default.so
May 05 12:49:20 coyote apachectl[20456]: Action 'start' failed.

And indeed, there is no such module in that directory.  Fix??

Thanks all;

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Re: apache2 missing a file, won't run.

Ulf Volmer
On 05.05.19 18:56, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Stretch install, from a custom iso the LCNC folks are testing, but the
> apache2 install was all pulled in with synaptic.  No errors.
>
> As root;
>
> Service apache2 start, gets this from systemctl:
>
> May 05 12:49:20 coyote systemd[1]: Starting The Apache HTTP Server...
> May 05 12:49:20 coyote apachectl[20456]: apache2: Syntax error on line
> 204 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1
> of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authz_default.load: Cannot
> load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_authz_default.so
> May 05 12:49:20 coyote apachectl[20456]: Action 'start' failed.

mod_authz_default.so has been removed in apache 2.4:

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/upgrading.html

I guess you are trying to run a 2.2 config with a 2.4 apache.

Best regards
Ulf

On Sunday 05 May 2019 01:06:13 pm Ulf Volmer wrote:

> On 05.05.19 18:56, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Stretch install, from a custom iso the LCNC folks are testing, but
> > the apache2 install was all pulled in with synaptic.  No errors.
> >
> > As root;
> >
> > Service apache2 start, gets this from systemctl:
> >
> > May 05 12:49:20 coyote systemd[1]: Starting The Apache HTTP
> > Server... May 05 12:49:20 coyote apachectl[20456]: apache2: Syntax
> > error on line 204 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line
> > 1
> > of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authz_default.load: Cannot
> > load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_authz_default.so
> > May 05 12:49:20 coyote apachectl[20456]: Action 'start' failed.
>
> mod_authz_default.so has been removed in apache 2.4:
>
> https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/upgrading.html
>
> I guess you are trying to run a 2.2 config with a 2.4 apache.
>
> Best regards
> Ulf

Now I am certifiably upset, this web page needs printed.  This is a new
install it took me 3 damned days just to get networking working as it
was stuck on ipv6 only, denying me net access to anything on the otgher
side of my router, and the nearest ipv6 support is a minimum of 100
miles away. So I am not in a good mood.

And the only printer it detected was the printer I wanted to use, but it
spit out about 50 pages of blank paper when I did. so I go back into
localhost:631 to printers/admin/brother HL-2140 and click on modify to
see if I can fix it, to be greeted by an advisory that sys I as first
user, has no permissions to do anything.

Now, since much of this is owned by root:root, and theres no provisions
to use sud, what do I do except chown the whole subdir to me:me, do what
I have to do, and change it all back, difficult remember since parts of
it are owned by root:Lp

So, and I fought with this problem in wheezy too but adding myself to
some selected entries in /etc/group half fixed it. Meaning whenever it
asked for a password, I changed the displayed username to me, and used
my passwd, which worked about 99% of the time.

But this is 2019, and now stretch, so what do I add, or edit into
to /etc/cupsd.conf, here

# Restrict access to the admin pages...
<Location /admin>
  Order allow,deny
</Location>

To get me, the first user (#1000) not root, to do what I need to do to
fix this and add about 4 other profiles, 3 for a huge tabloid capable
brother and of course cups.pdf?

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Re: apache2 missing a file, won't run.

Kushal Kumaran-4
Gene Heskett <[hidden email]> writes:

> On Sunday 05 May 2019 01:06:13 pm Ulf Volmer wrote:
>
>> On 05.05.19 18:56, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> > Stretch install, from a custom iso the LCNC folks are testing, but
>> > the apache2 install was all pulled in with synaptic.  No errors.
>> >
>> > As root;
>> >
>> > Service apache2 start, gets this from systemctl:
>> >
>> > May 05 12:49:20 coyote systemd[1]: Starting The Apache HTTP
>> > Server... May 05 12:49:20 coyote apachectl[20456]: apache2: Syntax
>> > error on line 204 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line
>> > 1
>> > of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authz_default.load: Cannot
>> > load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_authz_default.so
>> > May 05 12:49:20 coyote apachectl[20456]: Action 'start' failed.
>>
>> mod_authz_default.so has been removed in apache 2.4:
>>
>> https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/upgrading.html
>>
>> I guess you are trying to run a 2.2 config with a 2.4 apache.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Ulf
>
> Now I am certifiably upset, this web page needs printed.  This is a new
> install it took me 3 damned days just to get networking working as it
> was stuck on ipv6 only, denying me net access to anything on the otgher
> side of my router, and the nearest ipv6 support is a minimum of 100
> miles away. So I am not in a good mood.
>
> And the only printer it detected was the printer I wanted to use, but it
> spit out about 50 pages of blank paper when I did. so I go back into
> localhost:631 to printers/admin/brother HL-2140 and click on modify to
> see if I can fix it, to be greeted by an advisory that sys I as first
> user, has no permissions to do anything.
>
> Now, since much of this is owned by root:root, and theres no provisions
> to use sud, what do I do except chown the whole subdir to me:me, do what
> I have to do, and change it all back, difficult remember since parts of
> it are owned by root:Lp
>
> So, and I fought with this problem in wheezy too but adding myself to
> some selected entries in /etc/group half fixed it. Meaning whenever it
> asked for a password, I changed the displayed username to me, and used
> my passwd, which worked about 99% of the time.
>
> But this is 2019, and now stretch, so what do I add, or edit into
> to /etc/cupsd.conf, here
>
> # Restrict access to the admin pages...
> <Location /admin>
>   Order allow,deny
> </Location>
>
> To get me, the first user (#1000) not root, to do what I need to do to
> fix this and add about 4 other profiles, 3 for a huge tabloid capable
> brother and of course cups.pdf?

This has nothing to do with the apache2 error you mentioned earlier.

To do printer administration using the web interface, add yourself to
the lpadmin group.  When the web interface asks for credentials, put
your own username and password.

https://wiki.debian.org/PrintQueuesCUPS#webinterface

--
regards,
kushal

On Sunday 05 May 2019 03:12:40 pm Kushal Kumaran wrote:

> Gene Heskett <[hidden email]> writes:

> >> mod_authz_default.so has been removed in apache 2.4:
> >>
> >> https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/upgrading.html
> >>
> >> I guess you are trying to run a 2.2 config with a 2.4 apache.
> >>
> >> Best regards
> >> Ulf
> >
> > Now I am certifiably upset, this web page needs printed.  This is a
> > new install it took me 3 damned days just to get networking working
> > as it was stuck on ipv6 only, denying me net access to anything on
> > the otgher side of my router, and the nearest ipv6 support is a
> > minimum of 100 miles away. So I am not in a good mood.
> >
> > And the only printer it detected was the printer I wanted to use,
> > but it spit out about 50 pages of blank paper when I did. so I go
> > back into localhost:631 to printers/admin/brother HL-2140 and click
> > on modify to see if I can fix it, to be greeted by an advisory that
> > sys I as first user, has no permissions to do anything.
> >
> > Now, since much of this is owned by root:root, and theres no
> > provisions to use sud, what do I do except chown the whole subdir to
> > me:me, do what I have to do, and change it all back, difficult
> > remember since parts of it are owned by root:Lp
> >
> > So, and I fought with this problem in wheezy too but adding myself
> > to some selected entries in /etc/group half fixed it. Meaning
> > whenever it asked for a password, I changed the displayed username
> > to me, and used my passwd, which worked about 99% of the time.
> >
> > But this is 2019, and now stretch, so what do I add, or edit into
> > to /etc/cupsd.conf, here
> >
> > # Restrict access to the admin pages...
> > <Location /admin>
> >   Order allow,deny
> > </Location>
> >
> > To get me, the first user (#1000) not root, to do what I need to do
> > to fix this and add about 4 other profiles, 3 for a huge tabloid
> > capable brother and of course cups.pdf?
>
> This has nothing to do with the apache2 error you mentioned earlier.

In a roundabout way it does. I blame it on the extremely excessive
security paranoia that pervades the linux environment and gets worse by
the next release every time.

> To do printer administration using the web interface, add yourself to
> the lpadmin group.  When the web interface asks for credentials, put
> your own username and password.

FYI I am a member of the lpadmin group. Whats next? reboot to make it
take effect?  That involves restarting at least 20 other things this
machine does on a 24/7/365.25 basis.  Not impossible but a bunch of
drugery nonetheless. IOW since I am "it" till I fail to answer roll
call, likely in the visible future since I'm already equipt with plastic
yeys and a pacemaker and am presently 84 yo, lets swat this once and for
all till then.

You have made it very clear not to assign a pw to root, do everything
with sudo.  In which case lets make sudo work since its only used about
20% of the time now. From the cli TBE. But we've been configuring cups
from localhost:631 for well over 15 years now, no one wants to try and
remember all the arcane text phrases used with lpadmin to configure
anything as complex as even a 100 dollar brother b&w laser printer. I
have all the brother drivers here for both printers, the other is a
brother MFC-J6920DW, which is found 4 times by lpinfo -l -v. But it has
both a usb cable and a net cable at its own ip.

> https://wiki.debian.org/PrintQueuesCUPS#webinterface

I have this page visible in FF right now, and its typical for linux docs,
it makes the assumption that everyone has what I assume is a group of
env vars so it doesn't waste a crossed t or a dot over a lowercase i to
explain just who or what @LOCAL or @ADMIN or @SYSTEM or @OWNER actually
is.

So lets define them so one can have an idea at least of who or what they
represent.  Once they are properly defined, maybe I can put them to some
usefull purpose. At the end of the day, I want them to Just Work.  So
lets start with the denial even though I am a member of the lpadmin
group.

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Re: apache2 missing a file, won't run.

Erik Christiansen
On 05.05.19 17:16, Gene Heskett wrote:
> You have made it very clear not to assign a pw to root, do everything
> with sudo.

That's just religion, Gene, promulgated to minimise queries and
complaints from people getting themselves into trouble. Like
vaccination, it only needs 95% coverage to provide herd immunity. To
avoid having to fuss with getting the sudo thing to actually work here,
I still do a "su -" in a spare xterm, and leave the root session open
for a while, till the current problem is sorted.

To remind that more than ordinary user care is warranted in that xterm,
in the event of leaving it open beyond short term memory, I put this in
/root/.bashrc

export PS1="\[\033[1;31m\]\u@\h:\W\$ \[\033[0;0m\]"

to make root's prompt red, and declare itself as root.

It takes more than a generalisation to alter my habits of more than 30
years. My take is: Use what works best for you, especially if you accept
the consequences without complaint. But I figure I'm treading a parallel
path to yours there.

Erik

Re: apache2 missing a file, won't run.

tomas@tuxteam.de
On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 05:12:55PM +1000, Erik Christiansen wrote:
> On 05.05.19 17:16, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > You have made it very clear not to assign a pw to root, do everything
> > with sudo.
>
> That's just religion, Gene, promulgated to minimise queries and
> complaints from people getting themselves into trouble.

Not sure who's proselytizing here. Remember: all generalizations
suck.

Cheers
-- t

Re: apache2 missing a file, won't run.

Greg Wooledge
On Sun, May 05, 2019 at 05:16:04PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> FYI I am a member of the lpadmin group. Whats next? reboot to make it
> take effect?

Log out and back in to acquire the new privileges in your interactive
session.

However, in the case of CUPS via loopback HTTP, I don't know whether
that's actually required.  The CUPS daemon may take the privileges
directly from the /etc/{passwd,group} files.

> You have made it very clear not to assign a pw to root, do everything
> with sudo.

Bunk.  You can still do things normally.  In fact, normal (root having
a password) is still the default in Debian, insofar as anything is.

Also, having a root password makes it possible to login in single user
mode when there's a file system problem.  Good luck with that under an
Ubuntu-style (sudo only) setup.

On Monday 06 May 2019 03:12:55 am Erik Christiansen wrote:

> On 05.05.19 17:16, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > You have made it very clear not to assign a pw to root, do
> > everything with sudo.
>
> That's just religion, Gene, promulgated to minimise queries and
> complaints from people getting themselves into trouble. Like
> vaccination, it only needs 95% coverage to provide herd immunity. To
> avoid having to fuss with getting the sudo thing to actually work
> here, I still do a "su -" in a spare xterm, and leave the root session
> open for a while, till the current problem is sorted.
>
> To remind that more than ordinary user care is warranted in that
> xterm, in the event of leaving it open beyond short term memory, I put
> this in /root/.bashrc
>
> export PS1="\[\033[1;31m\]\u@\h:\W\$ \[\033[0;0m\]"

Thats a good reminder, so I "borrowed" it.

> to make root's prompt red, and declare itself as root.
>
> It takes more than a generalisation to alter my habits of more than 30
> years. My take is: Use what works best for you, especially if you
> accept the consequences without complaint. But I figure I'm treading a
> parallel path to yours there.
>
> Erik

Probably pretty close, :)

On Monday 06 May 2019 03:16:30 am [hidden email] wrote:

> On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 05:12:55PM +1000, Erik Christiansen wrote:
> > On 05.05.19 17:16, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > You have made it very clear not to assign a pw to root, do
> > > everything with sudo.
> >
> > That's just religion, Gene, promulgated to minimise queries and
> > complaints from people getting themselves into trouble.
>
> Not sure who's proselytizing here. Remember: all generalizations
> suck.

That they often do Tomas

But thats not answering my question as to how to make apache2-2.4 run
with 2.2 config files all over. Some one posted a link to the diffs I
need to fix, but I've no clue where I book naked them because I have yet
to convince the system to run FF when I click on a link.  It insists on
konquerer. And I have no clue where it stores its bookmarks, I can look
at them, but those bookmarks I did save are nowhere to be found when I
look at its bookmarks, sucks is much too mild a term.

On Monday 06 May 2019 09:43:16 am Greg Wooledge wrote:

> On Sun, May 05, 2019 at 05:16:04PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > FYI I am a member of the lpadmin group. Whats next? reboot to make
> > it take effect?
>
> Log out and back in to acquire the new privileges in your interactive
> session.
>
> However, in the case of CUPS via loopback HTTP, I don't know whether
> that's actually required.  The CUPS daemon may take the privileges
> directly from the /etc/{passwd,group} files.
>
> > You have made it very clear not to assign a pw to root, do
> > everything with sudo.
>
> Bunk.  You can still do things normally.  In fact, normal (root having
> a password) is still the default in Debian, insofar as anything is.

I've run 4 wheezy installs here for several years, and have never had a
root pw set.

> Also, having a root password makes it possible to login in single user
> mode when there's a file system problem.  Good luck with that under an
> Ubuntu-style (sudo only) setup.

A problem I have not had since ext4.  But now I'm getting touchy about it
because amanda will not build on stretch.  So I've no backups. Using the
stretch version is a huge backup, to 3.3.9 when my stuff is setup to
wrap 3.5.1.  And even 3.5.1 can be as buggy as august roadkill that 4
days old. Amanda I'm sorry to say, has been sold to Betsol, who may have
to be sued for putting gpl'd code behind a paywall.

I did get the sound working, so now my list of stretch don't works is a
little shorter. My next step is to edit my .procmailrc and disable the
calls to clamscan as its occasionally locking up at 100%.

Doing that I logged a strange message in the term screen:
gene@coyote:~$ geany .procmailrc

** (geany:17281): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus:
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application
did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply,
the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

What the heck is that all about???  And how do I fix that??

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Re: apache2 missing a file, won't run.

Brian
On Mon 06 May 2019 at 09:43:16 -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:

> On Sun, May 05, 2019 at 05:16:04PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > FYI I am a member of the lpadmin group. Whats next? reboot to make it
> > take effect?
>
> Log out and back in to acquire the new privileges in your interactive
> session.

Indeed. It's standard procedure when a user has been added to a group.

> However, in the case of CUPS via loopback HTTP, I don't know whether
> that's actually required.  The CUPS daemon may take the privileges
> directly from the /etc/{passwd,group} files.

It is required and conspicuously documented for all users, including
experienced ones, if they can be bothered to do read it. For example,
in the cups README.Debian.

  'Administration' is where you need to be to set up a local print queue.
  At some point you will be required to authenticate. A User Name of 'root'
  and root's password is always acceptable. Any other user must be a member
  of the lpadmin group.

Brian.

On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 04:24:45PM +0100, Brian wrote:

> On Mon 06 May 2019 at 09:43:16 -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > Log out and back in to acquire the new privileges in your interactive
> > session.
> >
> > However, in the case of CUPS via loopback HTTP, I don't know whether
> > that's actually required.  The CUPS daemon may take the privileges
> > directly from the /etc/{passwd,group} files.
>
> It is required and conspicuously documented for all users, including
> experienced ones, if they can be bothered to do read it. For example,
> in the cups README.Debian.
>
>   'Administration' is where you need to be to set up a local print queue.
>   At some point you will be required to authenticate. A User Name of 'root'
>   and root's password is always acceptable. Any other user must be a member
>   of the lpadmin group.

I don't see any part of that paragraph that says whether you have to log
out and back in, between adding yourself to the lpadmin group and using
the CUPS web interface.

I've only ever used root for this, so I don't know from experience either.

On Mon 06 May 2019 at 11:33:33 -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:

> On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 04:24:45PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> > On Mon 06 May 2019 at 09:43:16 -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > > Log out and back in to acquire the new privileges in your interactive
> > > session.
> > >
> > > However, in the case of CUPS via loopback HTTP, I don't know whether
> > > that's actually required.  The CUPS daemon may take the privileges
> > > directly from the /etc/{passwd,group} files.
> >
> > It is required and conspicuously documented for all users, including
> > experienced ones, if they can be bothered to do read it. For example,
> > in the cups README.Debian.
> >
> >   'Administration' is where you need to be to set up a local print queue.
> >   At some point you will be required to authenticate. A User Name of 'root'
> >   and root's password is always acceptable. Any other user must be a member
> >   of the lpadmin group.
>
> I don't see any part of that paragraph that says whether you have to log
> out and back in, between adding yourself to the lpadmin group and using
> the CUPS web interface.

Surely no need to mention it? It is standard procedure after a user's
environment is changed.

> I've only ever used root for this, so I don't know from experience either.

Users without root privileges would have experienced it.

Brian.

On Monday 06 May 2019 11:33:33 am Greg Wooledge wrote:

> On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 04:24:45PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> > On Mon 06 May 2019 at 09:43:16 -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > > Log out and back in to acquire the new privileges in your
> > > interactive session.
> > >
> > > However, in the case of CUPS via loopback HTTP, I don't know
> > > whether that's actually required.  The CUPS daemon may take the
> > > privileges directly from the /etc/{passwd,group} files.
> >
> > It is required and conspicuously documented for all users, including
> > experienced ones, if they can be bothered to do read it. For
> > example, in the cups README.Debian.
> >
> >   'Administration' is where you need to be to set up a local print
> > queue. At some point you will be required to authenticate. A User
> > Name of 'root' and root's password is always acceptable. Any other
> > user must be a member of the lpadmin group.
>
> I don't see any part of that paragraph that says whether you have to
> log out and back in, between adding yourself to the lpadmin group and
> using the CUPS web interface.

Logged out no, started a new konsole and ran ff from it yes. Managed to
get the little b&w laser working, but a 2 year old 11x17 MFC? Won't
configure, missing file although the latest driver kit from brother is
installed, so I find I have a nearly $700 scanner/copier/printer thats
been discontinued!  And they've blocked or removed any access to the old
files.  Thats generated a nastygram to brother, its a 2 year old
printer.

> I've only ever used root for this, so I don't know from experience
> either.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Re: apache2 missing a file, won't run.

Dan Purgert

--
|_|O|_|

Re: apache2 missing a file, won't run.

Gene Heskett-4
On Sunday 05 May 2019 12:56:27 pm Gene Heskett wrote:

Ping?

> Greetings all;
>
> So web page in the sig is dark.
>
> Stretch install, from a custom iso the LCNC folks are testing, but the
> apache2 install was all pulled in with synaptic.  No errors.
>
> As root;
>
> Service apache2 start, gets this from systemctl:
>
> May 05 12:49:20 coyote systemd[1]: Starting The Apache HTTP Server...
> May 05 12:49:20 coyote apachectl[20456]: apache2: Syntax error on line
> 204 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1
> of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authz_default.load: Cannot
> load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_authz_default.so
> May 05 12:49:20 coyote apachectl[20456]: Action 'start' failed.
>
> And indeed, there is no such module in that directory.  Fix??

I had other problems that overshadowed this, but much of that has been
resolved, so can we start over with this?

On 06.05.19 20:10, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 05 May 2019 12:56:27 pm Gene Heskett wrote:

> I had other problems that overshadowed this, but much of that has been
> resolved, so can we start over with this?

There was already a reply from me. You have to explain why you have a
2.2 apache config on a debian stretch system.

Best regards
Ulf

Re: apache2 missing a file, won't run.

Gene Heskett-4
On Sunday 05 May 2019 12:56:27 pm Gene Heskett wrote:

> Greetings all;
>
> So web page in the sig is dark.
>
> Stretch install, from a custom iso the LCNC folks are testing, but the
> apache2 install was all pulled in with synaptic.  No errors.
>
> As root;
>
> Service apache2 start, gets this from systemctl:
>
> May 05 12:49:20 coyote systemd[1]: Starting The Apache HTTP Server...
> May 05 12:49:20 coyote apachectl[20456]: apache2: Syntax error on line
> 204 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1
> of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authz_default.load: Cannot
> load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_authz_default.so
> May 05 12:49:20 coyote apachectl[20456]: Action 'start' failed.
>
> And indeed, there is no such module in that directory.  Fix??
>
> Thanks all;
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Well, I got that working, but some links are forbidden now. I suspect
some perms got bollixed in copying from the old drive.  I need to do
some maintenance anyway, so thats for later fine tuning and updateing,
which it sorely needs anyway. But at least you can see our ancient mugs
at the link in the sig.

Now to a different kettle of fish, amanda, the backup proggy.  But thats
going to need some naproxin sodium to sort, it won't build on stretch.
And its been sold to betsol, who has hidden the gpl code behind a
paywall. Wish me good luck, this sale caught all the users by surprise.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Re: apache2 missing a file, won't run.

Dan Ritter-4
Ulf Volmer wrote:
> On 06.05.19 20:10, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Sunday 05 May 2019 12:56:27 pm Gene Heskett wrote:
>
> > I had other problems that overshadowed this, but much of that has been
> > resolved, so can we start over with this?
>
> There was already a reply from me. You have to explain why you have a
> 2.2 apache config on a debian stretch system.

That's easy: because the system was configured in wheezy or
earlier, was upgraded to jessie and continued working, and was
upgraded to stretch and stopped working.

-dsr-

12