bandwidth usage per process

Jorge Salamero

is there any app able to show bandwidth usage per process ?

a workarround is to mark packets by pid with iptables, but i think that must
be anything done more usable :)

thanks !

--
Jorge Salamero Sanz (bencer)
mail: <[hidden email]>

Re: bandwidth usage per process

Alex Borges

alex.vcf (151 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: bandwidth usage per process

Neil McGovern via nm
On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 04:40:03PM -0500, Alex Borges wrote:

> Jorge Salamero wrote:
>
> > is there any app able to show bandwidth usage per process ?
> >
> > a workarround is to mark packets by pid with iptables, but i think
> > that must be anything done more usable :)
> >
> > thanks !
> >
> Ntop is supposed to do this i think.... but i havent gotten it to do
> it the way i want plus it is pretty hoggish in larger servers.

You could also do something with iptraf's logging, but this only does it
on a port level.

Regards,
Neil McGovern
--