basilisk-browser

Re: basilisk-browser

Ben Finney-3
Dominik George <[hidden email]> writes:

> Seriously? They forbid linking against libraries if their code is not
> shipped with their sources?

They don't forbid that.

What they forbid is redistributing the modified work with the Pale Moon
branding.

<URL:http://www.palemoon.org/redist.shtml>

> That also seems like a security nightmare in the making.
> Mozilla themselves weren't even *that* ridiculous, were they?

It is true that the Pale Moon trademark policy is more restrictive than
what occurred with the Firefox trademark restrictions.

--
 \       “The best is the enemy of the good.” —Voltaire, _Dictionnaire |
  `\                                                    Philosophique_ |
Ben Finney

Re: basilisk-browser

Francisco M Neto-4
On 2018-10-19 23:19, Ben Finney wrote:

>> Seriously? They forbid linking against libraries if their code is not
>> shipped with their sources?
>
> They don't forbid that.
>
> What they forbid is redistributing the modified work with the Pale Moon
> branding.

    Honestly they can do whatever they want. What's really obnoxious is
to open a ticket on somebody else's git and *start* it by saying "You
WILL do this and that", without even trying to establish some kind of
dialogue.

--Francisco

Re: basilisk-browser

Roberto C. Sánchez-2
On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 11:30:05PM -0300, [hidden email] wrote:

> > > Seriously? They forbid linking against libraries if their code is not
> > > shipped with their sources?
> >
> > They don't forbid that.
> >
> > What they forbid is redistributing the modified work with the Pale Moon
> > branding.
>
>    Honestly they can do whatever they want. What's really obnoxious is to
> open a ticket on somebody else's git and *start* it by saying "You WILL do
> this and that", without even trying to establish some kind of dialogue.

It is, however, an excellent lesson for teaching those who choose
software development as a vocation/career based on not having to deal
with people very much.  I frequently point out to my students that
programmers require "people skills" just as much as any other
profession.

Regards,

-Roberto

--