Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 11:18:01 +0100
From: Benjamin Nickolls <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email] Subject: [FOSDEM] FOSDEM 2018 Package management devroom
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.4.1 (2015-04-28) on latin.grep.be
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-0.8 required=3.0 tests=BAYES_00,DKIM_ADSP_CUSTOM_MED, DKIM_SIGNED,FREEMAIL_FORGED_FROMDOMAIN,FREEMAIL_FROM,
HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS,HTML_MESSAGE,RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE,SPF_NEUTRAL, T_DKIM_INVALID autolearn=no autolearn_force=no version=3.4.1
Message-Id: <[hidden email]>
Package Management Devroom at FOSDEM ‘18
On Saturday 3rd February FOSDEM will host its first devroom dedicated to the
subject of package management at [ULB](http://www.ulb.ac.be/).
As this is the first time we’re hosting a package management devroom we want
you to bring your own take. We’re open to exploring issues around distribution,
verification, complexity, reproducibility, immutability, versioning, orphaning
and sustaining package managers as an essential part of the open source
ecosystem. Experiences, cautionary tales and ‘best-practice’ type talks are
welcome. We are also considering a panel discussion.
Submissions require a small abstract and a short speaker description and must
be submitted via the Pentabarf system no later than 1st of December 2017.
The suggested duration for a timeslot to apply for is 25 minutes (20 min
presentation + 5 mins questions). The schedule shall be finalized by 15
1. Go to https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM18 2. If you don't have an account from previous years, register
3. Create a new event with your title and abstract and some information about
you, please indicate within your submission whether you would like to be a
part of a panel discussion.
4. Be sure to set the event track to "Package Management devroom"
Note that by submitting a talk you agree to your talk (or panel discussion)
being recorded and released under a Creative Commons CC-BY-SA licence.
- 2017-12-01: Deadline for submissions
- 2017-12-11: Talks announced and speakers notified of acceptance
- 2017-12-15: Schedule published
- 2018-02-02: Package management devroom is LIVE